Dobyns Bennett & the Playoffs

WaCoJaCo

Phil Fulmer won a National Championship. Your a smaller version of "The Villege Idiot" :thumb:

Well it is obvious that Fulmer cant win the big game no more. TN has one of the worst home records in D-1. I luv TN and Fulmer is a good coach. Him and Clark are too conservative. But it is obvious that they can't win the big ones. How about this: dontfiregrahamclark.com B)

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please...Let me know your name so I can start a website go ont there and trash you and your family and all you are about! You can hide behind this website but that doesn't change that you are pitifully pathetic. This man has done nothing but take the football program to a consistent level it has never been. Has it gotten to where we all (including the players and coaches) desired it to be? No, but I would rather the program be in the shape it is and pumping out Ws while at the same time pumping out good young men than to be in the shape of many high school, college, and nfl programs. I have heard from many people (many not associated with the DB program) comment on how much class Coach Clark has shown and how impressed they were with the program. I know for a fact that he personally called the RB from JeffCo the day after this years game checking on his health and encouraging him to hang in. He didn't have to do that! He did that because that is who he is and he realizes he is the face of this program That is who he is. I know he strives any way he can to get his players to become better MEN and he has helped many kids use this program as a stepping stone to improve their lives off the field as much as on the field. I know he has even helped kids from OTHER schools by making contacts and referrels to help them become better MEN off the field as well. I'm not making him a God or saying he is any better person than any other area coach. I think we are truly fortunate to have the men leading our programs in this area...just name some of them and look at there accomplishments (football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc). I feel like while yes this area is not a Division 1 factory it represents itself very well in both its athletic achievements and its promotion of kids to use their gifts to get them to a higher level in life. This man has done nothing to disgrace this program or the kids or the school. One can say he should have admitted mistakes in play calling at the 4 yard line...hello the game is 4 qtrs long. How many missed opportunities were there along the way that if successful would have made all this jive a mute point? Of course there were some places that looked like "why are we not doing so and so?"...but these coaches know a heck of a lot (2 words) more than any of us no matter your football knowledge and they have looked at a lot more film to know what SHOULD work. It didn't work and it is disappoting and I'm will lament tonight when there is no lights at J Fred...but there is more to life. Just ask Coach Clark...he just got his daughter back home after having a brain tumor removed! Get a life! Some things are a lot more important than a silly game.

I want everyone to know that he is not a true DB fan and his view is not the view of the community. That kind of junk is what gives everyone else the ammo to get on here and call the fan base elitist and tear down the fan base when things happen as they did Friday night. I hope you choose to stay off any real discussion about DB and their teams from here on and you have no legitimacy as far as I'm concerned. Your name is correct...you are a fanatic.

BTW my name is Ricky Bobby, the cousin of Ron Burgundy. :thumb:

I am by no means a Dobyns-Bennett fan, but I do know a top notch program when I see one. Coach Clark and his staff are hard working, very knowledgeable football people. Year in and year out DB wins, thats the bottom line. My opinion (and it probably means nothing) is that Coach Clark needs to drop a few of the local teams that can't compete with them and pick up some tougher competition that will help them come playoff time possibly someone like Riverdale, Maryville, etc. It might hurt a little at the gate with some of the visitors having to travel so far but normally those teams have great followings so it could be even better.

I think dropping Oak Ridge is a mistake. South, TN High, and Betsy should be gone.

An 8-2 record with tougher competition may help get them over the first round hump.

DB, TN High, South, whoever, when it comes to playoff time I'm GO NE TN football!! no matter who it is, and with DB's program the way it is they are NE TN's best bet to win it all.

Sure, DB may not have done real well in the playoffs the last few years, but I would take Coach Clark and this group of coaches any day of the week. Coach Clark cares deeply about these kids. Through coachng, he is teaching them to be men who make a positivie influence on thier communities. I would rather have guys coming through the program learning to become quality young men instilled in them by these coaches than a state championship every year.

My two cents want them or not are that DB is at the point they are and have been for some time due to great coaching PERIOD. I have not been a fan of some of Souths reent coaches but i think Carter has us turned in the right direction, but... hes still behind Clarks coaching so far. Back to my start, Coach Clark has been and will be for some time a top notch coach for DB.

Im a Southfan and DB has always been a heated rival, but.........Give Kudos where due guys, Coach Clark is DB Football, and the DB football program has had a long great run under him and will continue to do so. :D

My two cents want them or not are that DB is at the point they are and have been for some time due to great coaching PERIOD. I have not been a fan of some of Souths reent coaches but i think Carter has us turned in the right direction, but... hes still behind Clarks coaching so far. Back to my start, Coach Clark has been and will be for some time a top notch coach for DB.

Im a Southfan and DB has always been a heated rival, but.........Give Kudos where due guys, Coach Clark is DB Football, and the DB football program has had a long great run under him and will continue to do so. :thumb:

you're sorta like jump'n jeffers. if ya like that other team so well, then JUMP! Edited by spanky7134