Sullivan South vs. Morristown East

Jedi5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Rebs, beat the Canes. Curt Phillips and the Rebel passing attack will be to much for the run oriented Morristown East Hurricanes. I'll be in attendence since my Dobyns Bennett Indians blundered last week at home. Also, I'm hearing rumors Phillips is considering transfering to DB...anyone heard anything?

Ha! Thats a good one! People were talking like that 3 years ago before Phillips went to South! No way! Phillips is a REBELMAN!

Canes and Rebels round two. Mo East has a few athletes, but they do not have an offensive or defensive line that can go toe to toe with the Rebels in Death Valley. Phillips will have his way in this game. Kitzmiller and company will exploit an undisciplined Cane secondary. Canes be sure and tell your cross town rivals that their next......

Rebels 35

Canes 7

Canes and Rebels round two. Mo East has a few athletes, but they do not have an offensive or defensive line that can go toe to toe with the Rebels in Death Valley. Phillips will have his way in this game. Kitzmiller and company will exploit an undisciplined Cane secondary. Canes be sure and tell your cross town rivals that their next......

Rebels 35

Canes 7

delusional post 35-7, give me a break man. You'll see Friday night. You Region 1 folk are all over these boards huh?

Rebels 35

Canes 7

I would be extremely surprised if the score is this lopsided. At this point in the playoffs it would go against the norm for a team to be so overmatched. I cannot say the Canes secondary is undisciplined. Inexperienced, perhaps, but that has been changing game by game. Are they ready for a pass oriented offense? Friday will tell.

I guarantee East is not going to lay down and give SS the win. I feel the winner will walk out knowing they have been in a game and the loser will be able to hold their head high knowing they gave it their best shot.

Im going to have to say the game wont be as close as some people are predicting, if and only if, South plays up to their potential. East can do the same, but still wont be able to play 4 quarters with the Rebels. Curt makes the offense happen, no matter the defensive scheme the opponent has. If the Canes want to win this game it will be on offense, but offense doesnt win games, DEFENSE does(in most cases). Good Luck to both teams but im going with South by a pair of TOuchdowns.

The way it works-- if West wins they will host no matter who wins the other games. If TH and East win, then TH will host. If TH and SS win then SS will host due to their number one seed in region 1.

The third round goes to region 2 this year as long as one of the region 2 teams win. Even if West gets beat, if East can win, they will host Region 1. If both region 1 teams win, then the higher seed will host. Act like you've been here. This has been the format for years and why West played at South in the third round last year.

The third round goes to region 2 this year as long as one of the region 2 teams win. Even if West gets beat, if East can win, they will host Region 1. If both region 1 teams win, then the higher seed will host. Act like you've been here. This has been the format for years and why West played at South in the third round last year.

You need to look at the bracket one more time. The way the bracket works has nothing to do with the region it has to do only with the bracket. In even number years the bottom team in the brackett has home field from the third round to the state championship and in odd number years the top of the brackett has home field. It has nothing to due with regions or with seeding.

The only difference is if two teams from the same region make the third round, then the highest seed takes home field.

The reason West played at South is because it was an odd number year and the upper bracket had home field that year. That is also why Maryville came to West last year for the semi's.

Why don't you act like you have been here before and understand before you speak?

Edited by leectn

:lol::lol: you better hope WaCo don,t read this.