CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it be much of a cost difference? This site is usually fast for me. Sometimes when I try reply it takes longer than usual but not bad. If you are happy with the company you have now I wouldn't do it but if its not much of a cost difference I think you should think about it. Football is almost over and I would think that is the busiest time of the year. Maybe wait until next July?

My speed has been good most of the time but I've a 5 megabit download connection.

Coach, I don't know much about the amount of bandwidth or CPU usage a bullitin board uses, but if you need any questions answered the guy I use for the hard tech questions (works for Gaylord keeping their system and network up) is really on top of things.

One thing you may want to check on your server is how big a switch you have on your server. Dedicated servers usually have a 10 mbit or 100mbit. Changing switches is usually the cheapest thing to do and the techs at the location of your server can do this. The next step-up in switches is a gigabit switch, but thats too rich for my blood. For those of you that don't know what these switches are it's the connection to the internet used by the server, the higher the number the more info that can be passed on to the internet.

If you need any help drop me an email with your questions and I'll get him to look at them and see what he thinks.

Dean Johnson

schoolsportsradio.com

Edited by www.schoolsportsradio.com

Guest dare_2_dream

Try using Firefox instead of IE. It wouldn't seem that it would make a big difference but it did on my pc.

I use firefox. CoachT has been acting stubborn for me lately.

As someone who has worked in IT for 25+ years, I try to plan to comfortably handle that I experience 90 to 95% of the time. Also, it does not appear to me that the system is going down when demand is at its peak on Friday nights although system response times are lengthened.

The bottom line is that I think system performance is fine as it is at least 90% of the time.

JMHO

As someone who has worked in IT for 25+ years, I try to plan to comfortably handle that I experience 90 to 95% of the time. Also, it does not appear to me that the system is going down when demand is at its peak on Friday nights although system response times are lengthened.

The bottom line is that I think system performance is fine as it is at least 90% of the time.

JMHO

I agree Bighurt...I don't see any reason for added expense because it does work great 90%+ of the time. Just recently I have been having the same problems as D2D. Didn't know if it was on my end or a glitch Coacht needed to know about.

Edited by Lions4ever