Tennessee Temple

gofish12

I will agree with you that you will not see high school diplomas hanging on walls, and I also agree that having a high school diploma does not aid one in finding a job. However, it does look much better to a university or college when one presents a diploma from a school such as McCallie as compared to one from Temple. Universities and colleges do look at where you went to high school. You know this, though, having been to college.

The fact is that Seth's diploma from McCallie will be better recognized by universities and colleges than a diploma from Temple would be. You are correct in saying that three semesters at McCallie will not open many more doors for Seth. Keep in mind though, that if it opens one more opportunity, it has been of great benefit to him.

One can receive a decent education at Tennessee Temple, but not the best. Having attended, I know this. I remember being taught by teachers who did not even have a college degree; much less a degree in the field they were attempting to teach. This is not an attack on Temple, but rather a presentation of fact.

You expressed yourself well. I see your point and agree with you.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not fair to the team to try and go play when you are obviously not ready. You have a new coach who needs to establish himself with the players as the head coach even though he has been on the bench for a number of years. You have several new players on the team who have to learn Temple's way of doing basketball. It looks like they are going to get in a little over a week's worth of practice before they play their first game.

There is no need for a team to get on the floor and compete if everyone who may potentially come in the game does not know what is going on. There has to be unity, trust, confidence, etc. It is doubtful that Temple will be ready to their first game but they will do alright.

Gofish, What are your thoughts on how Temple will come out of the gates this season?

I think that it will take Temple about 3-4 weeks before they fully get into the swing of things. I think the schedule will help early, other than the game at Arts and Sciences, that should be a pretty tough game. By January I think that Temple should be rolling pretty good. I haven't seen these new kids play so I don't know about them but the talent is there from last year. My son informed me that Seth Wadley has withdrawn from Temple and will be attending McCallie. I hate to hear this Seth is a good young man and did a great job for the basketball team. He wasn't the best scorer but he did a lot of the little things that go unnoticed. I wish him lots of luck at McCallie. By the way when is Temple's first game, i have heard next Tuesday or next Friday, im not real sure though?

That is part of having football. When the season is over you have to jump into basketball. No other schools do this. Temple just didn't want to go up there with the chance a taking an "L."

We called Pickett and asked them if they wanted to play 3 on 3 half court since we had only 3 players not playing football and shocker...they said no. What in the world do you think we should do? We can't play with 3 guys!!! And we are not afraid of a "L", we will probably have a number of them before the year is over. But what you are suggesting is just stupid and anyone who knows the game agrees including the Pickett Co. coach who understood completely.

We called Pickett and asked them if they wanted to play 3 on 3 half court since we had only 3 players not playing football and shocker...they said no. What in the world do you think we should do? We can't play with 3 guys!!! And we are not afraid of a "L", we will probably have a number of them before the year is over. But what you are suggesting is just stupid and anyone who knows the game agrees including the Pickett Co. coach who understood completely.

Y'all only have 3 kids on the team right now?

Joey to McCallie... that would be stupid. Sounds like Seth is already there. I can somewhat understand Wadley but I am surprised TSSAA would let him play football at one school and then transfer in the same year and play basketball at another school.

I'm sure Seth is filing for a hardship to play basketball at Mccallie.He will get it because he dad is now employed there.As far as Joey goin there, i dont think so.Why would Joey leave his dad and older brother and a chance to win a state title just to go to Mccallie?Anyways, i heard from a reliable source Joey will be goin to Lookout Valley next year.