Tennessee Temple

gofish12

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hy Mtnman, I agree that if Wadley or Temple had violated any rules we would have heard about it by now. I do not agree that Temple will have a "losing" football program. I will say, though, that it is doubtful they will see another undefeated season or a second round playoff game for some time. Temple ought to at least be at .500 or above. The next two years should be reminiscent of Temple's first two years.

The truth of the matter is that Greg Brown does not meet the tssaa guidelines to be a head coach, not that he is not a good coach he did a fine job last year with girls team. The reason the tssaa has not done anything is because no other school has filed a complaint and during the season it went unnoticed. This rule is in place more so for safety reasons to make sure there is qualified coaches with the players. Coach Wadley probably did turn his name in to the tssaa as the head coach of the girls and that is ok but he should have been on the bench with coach Brown.

And I would like to reiterate something that I said before, I had made a comment about coach Skogen being all about his boys and winning. And their was some Temple fans that took offence of this statement. They went on to say that he was all about mentoring these young men and supporting Temple school, I would say now with some of the meetings that have taken place at Temple about Joey leaving and coach Skogen telling everyone to get use to the idea, that now you can see what I was talking about.

Hy Mtnman, I agree that if Wadley or Temple had violated any rules we would have heard about it by now. I do not agree that Temple will have a "losing" football program. I will say, though, that it is doubtful they will see another undefeated season or a second round playoff game for some time. Temple ought to at least be at .500 or above. The next two years should be reminiscent of Temple's first two years.

My question is how can Temple be .500 next year with only about 20 players who are all going to be sophomores & freshmen, and as middle school teams in ISC conference they only won 4 to 5 games in two years, who are they going to beat. :thumb:

Edited by T N T

I guess I was speaking specifically to the rules violations that people are talking about concerning Greg Brown. Wadley isn't dumb enough to have him coach without making sure it was legal. If it was illegal, we probably would have heard about some punishment by TSSAA.

Find me some temple people that have talked smack. There is a quote function you can use. Most smack is by non-temple people.

I agree the subject is interesting, thats why I am still reading.

I am not defending temple. I said several years ago that football would go out with the Skogens. (at least successful football) They don't want Joey to play for a losing program which Temple will probably be for a few years so it seems they are looking elsewhere. I think it shows a lack of committment to a school, a community and Christian education which they have valued at Temple. This is all heresay right now anyway...

I will try and make some sense and be helpful it I can.

First: If you here a bunch of information...you draw a conclusion based on what information you have. However, two days later you learn that you didn't have all the information and what you have learned in the meantime changes your first conclusion...profoundly. What I am saying is that almost everyone who has posted on here about me and my family, do not have all the information, therefore, the conclusions that most of you have drawn are altogether wrong or speculative at best.

Second, I am not the school chaplin and have never been considered such.

Third, Temple violated no rules with regard to Coach Brown. Coach Wadley is extremely careful in such matters and made sure that Ronnie Carter and TSSAA knew what we were doing with Greg and everything was done correctly.

Third, the above quote is nothing short of offensive to me. If you would lilke to talk to be about my committment to Temple or to the community or my view of Christian education which of course you know nothing of, then you can call me at 706-820-9909 or email me at revkevrpc@aol.com I would be happy to tell you what I think about such matters. At least then your criticism would have some truth to it.

Fourth. I consider it an honor and a privledge to coach the young men at Temple. I consider it an honor to get to spend so much time with my own boys. I am looking forward to the Lord's blessing on these guys this season as well.

Kevin D. Skogen

I appreciate those comments from Coach Skogen. This really isnt the place for the discussion. People, (including myself) have been guilty of jumping to conclusions based on heresay but you do have to admit, this does create a lot of questions.

I do remember a times-free press article that refered to Coach skogen as the school chaplain. If I had $1.25 to pay for it I would post it here. Why would you charge $1.25 to look at an archived article.

It would be smart if he can already graduate I am sure the Furman football system is 100 times more complex than Temples.

As for Temple forcing Coach Skogan out the door, I doubt that. So what if he sends his kid to McCallie, I would do they same thing. Joey is a much better football and baseball player than he is basketball player. Temple's football program is all but over and they might as well not have a baseball program. If Temple gets mad at him for doing whats best on his kid shame on them.

Now none of this has really been confirmed, all speculation. What do you have to say about this new news 1411111?

Well Coach skogen already responded- but I want to second what redandwhiteforever said.... It would be wrong and stupid to get rid of coach skogen.... Coach skogen and beard started the football program because their kids wanted to play and they have seen all those kids on the first team play for 5 years... including some other basketball players who came out... Coach SKogen has had an amazing impact on Temple's program and from what I here all voluntarily... He is first and foremost to do what is best for his kid. I believe all of his other sons had their college paid for with a sport why would he take that opportunity away from his last son??? (If joey skogen stayed at temple with what they have coming back he wouldn't have that chance....I'm not sure temple could beat RBS next year....)

Coach Skogen I find it interesting that after six months of me posting on here you finally reply to someone because you were offended.I have seen your name mentioned a great deal throughout the football season but I am just getting time after the georgia playoffs and coaching myself to dicuss the latest.When I was posting more last month I saw several post defending you and stuff that was potentially offensive to you but you chose this thread and post to reply.Before I get into anything else I would like you to answer the previous post if you think Joey will finish at temple

message boards are interesting things.... it is almost like we know each other and can ask questions that we wouldnt ask someone who we really don't know. (this is a criticism of myself as well)

His phone number is listed above.... give him a call or even less intimidating... email him.