REGION 4-5A ALL REGION

ltowndevils

My updated all-region team...

MVP: Scott Thomas, (good call tdntn :thumb: ) because I really did not believe in him at the beginning of the season. He proved me wrong.

Offensive MVP: My step-brother, Sonny Gray

Defensive MVP: This is a hard one, but I would say a toss up between Goree and Griffith

Special Teams MVP: not sure, i guess Chip Rhome?

Riverdale-

Thomas

Goree

Verge

McClain

Grove

Newsome

Smyrna-

Gray

Wilks

Shadracke

Harris

Hendricks

Crouch

Williams

Lebanon-

Walton

Gaines

Reeves

Tribble

LaVergne-

A-rod

Gray

Carter

Tillery

Bather

Powers

Oakland-

Griffith

McGowan

Blissard

Polk

Stell

Blackman-

Wallace

Bragg

Rhome

i will be highly upset if Mimms makes the list, he doesn't deserve it.

Wilson Central-

Majors

McChurch

Hardy

Scott

Siegel-

Harper

Parks

I guess Zeke

maybe one more but really don't remember anybody else.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#6 is Montori Hughes. Zeke doesn't deserve it. I just don't think a kid who gets a TSSAA suspension by the refs should be all region. Old school that I am. Kiss played well, but not sure he is All Region tho.

I didn't list my regulars that everyone else will vote for.....wanted to add my particular picks. Yall know I always see things a bit different sometimes . :thumb:

Forgot my Special teams....MVP......I thought that Tyler Burnett deserved it myself, but Chip probably has it wrapped up.

Who is #84 for yall, hssportsfootball?

#6 is Montori Hughes. Zeke doesn't deserve it. I just don't think a kid who gets a TSSAA suspension by the refs should be all region. Old school that I am. Kiss played well, but not sure he is All Region tho.

I didn't list my regulars that everyone else will vote for.....wanted to add my particular picks. Yall know I always see things a bit different sometimes . ;)

Forgot my Special teams....MVP......I thought that Tyler Burnett deserved it myself, but Chip probably has it wrapped up.

maybe your right but i couldn't think of any siegel players that are "all-region" material :thumb: ..just had to take up space ya know?

MVP: Scott Thomas, (good call tdntn :thumb: ) because I really did not believe in him at the beginning of the season. He proved me wrong.

hahaha, preseason myspace messages, glad i called it. we spoke on who would have more rushing yards between scott and a-rod, you thought it would be pretty hard for scott to top the 600+ a-rod had put up in '05, i think he did pretty well putting up 1200+ in the regular season :lol:. but yea of course scott had more carries than a-rod did last season and this season, but scott wins that one also on average per carry.

but yea, im glad your not ignorant and willing to give credit, unlike those smyrna folks :lol:. i said alot of things that held true (actually everything i said held true, smyrna fans search my posts), they shook it off like it didnt happen, now they are doing it once again. i'm standing firm with my predictions, similar results B)

but yea, good luck to you and your boys next season, you make my all region list any day :lol:

how about both McGowan Brothers for all region. really what did kaelin do this year?

its not in my place to say that griffith didn't do anything this year, but i saw him play and all i saw was a big play sack but ive heard good things about him. Maybe I'm going out on a limb saying defensive MVP, but I'm also going out on a limb saying Goree because ive never seen him play either.....I'm anxious to see who exactly gets that award..

Andrew Mc Gowan was more of an impact player than his brother. He changed positions from last yr, yet still made some HUGE plays grabbing ints and forcing fumbles. I was impressed with him every game. He brings it and does it as a leader on the field and the kind of representative that OHS is known for. With HONOR. Lil Mac is also an intense player who can deliver some big hits, but truthfully he had a few games where he just had a few costly mistakes......LC and Lavergne come to mind. He will be a great leader next yr and should garner several awards if he doesn't get All Region this yr. Both are great players and we are fortunate to have them in red, white, and blue. Glad Lil Mac will be back.

As for Kaelin....ask any Head coach and esp Offensive coordinator who they worried the most about at OHS and they will tell you big #66. Let's not even discusss all the mental issues that the poor kid dealt with all season from the wreck. Sorry, but no way Kaelin doesn't make All Region . He deserves Defensive MVP as well. Whether he gets a serious look or not is yet to be seen.

I didn't think that KG had as good year as a senior as he did as a junior. It could be that opposition coaches spent more time preparing for him. He only had two tackles against Riverdale and that's pretty surprising.

I know if I were preparing a team to play Oakland I'd want to lnow where KG was and have a plan to block him.

I'm guilty of not knowing who all the DT's are and how good they are. But, I'm sure the region coaches know.

Oh, who are the bash brothers?

Edited by TDCman