Coalfields, Brandon Davis.

GIBSONJ

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to preface this by saying that I think Brandon Davis is a great player. I know this even more so than probably 99% of the people on this board. If Brandon Davis wins the 1A Mr Football lineman award, it will be a travesty. A 5'9 160 pound 1000 yard rusher that plays a walked up backer/end. I dont know about the other candidates but I feel that if Brandon Davis was going to be nominated for a Mr Football award, which i think is great, he should have been nominated as a back and let an offensive or true defensive lineman be nominated for the lineman award.

First of all, Carson-Newman is recruiting Brandon very hard and he has even made an official visit a month or so ago. Also, CoachLogan, Davis has gotten a lot bigger since CAK last faced him and he is now around 200 pounds and is one heck of a defensive end that has registered 70 career sacks. He is as deserving a Mr. Football candidate than the other two finalists.

Im happy to hear hes being recruited. He could be a fine addition to a college team. I can see your point brian, and like ive said, few probably know brandon davis the football player as well as i do. Now, im not saying he doesnt deserve it. I believe he does. However I also believe you cant have a runningback winning an award designated for lineman. That truly isnt fair.

Im happy to hear hes being recruited. He could be a fine addition to a college team. I can see your point brian, and like ive said, few probably know brandon davis the football player as well as i do. Now, im not saying he doesnt deserve it. I believe he does. However I also believe you cant have a runningback winning an award designated for lineman. That truly isnt fair.

Hey Coach Logan, been a while, first of all. I'd like to wisk CAK luck tonight. They are going to need it. But you shold still be very proud, CAK had really made big strides over the past few years, that region 2 down there is tough.

As far as the Brandon Davis thing, they just try to get all the better players nominated, regardless of position. I'm pulling for him either way.

I believe this award includes linebackers.

How does Brandon Davis match up to the other great Coalfield RB's?

(Scott Melhorn, Walker Jackson, Jimbo Godwin, Matt Breeden, Shelton, Gilbert etc.)

I believe this award includes linebackers.

How does Brandon Davis match up to the other great Coalfield RB's?

(Scott Melhorn, Walker Jackson, Jimbo Godwin, Matt Breeden, Shelton, Gilbert etc.)

Davis has to be considered one of the best to ever play at Coalfield. He will finish his career with well over 4,000 rushing yards and only started in the backfield two seasons. And he is being considered as Mr. Football as a defensive end, not a linebacker.

Come on CY, I know you and Logan are buddies, but, I find it hard to believe you dont have something to say about this! :thumb: I just wonder if Coach Logans view on this would be the same if, this was a CAK player? And dont give me that stuff about knowing Brandon better than most, and its not about Brandon, its about how he plays a certain position, and is not a true lineman, but a running back,and yada yada yada! If he was wearing a CAK uniform, you would have never posted this!

Come on CY, I know you and Logan are buddies, but, I find it hard to believe you dont have something to say about this! :D I just wonder if Coach Logans view on this would be the same if, this was a CAK player? And dont give me that stuff about knowing Brandon better than most, and its not about Brandon, its about how he plays a certain position, and is not a true lineman, but a running back,and yada yada yada! If he was wearing a CAK uniform, you would have never posted this!

I have no connection to 1A football anymore besides memories. I have no favorites in this race. The basis of my belief is being a former offensive/defensive lineman, i find it unfair to nominate people from outside the position. I'll take it one step further. Every year at the KFL Jamboree during the 40 yard dash, ive seen players that are clearly runningbacks/wide receivers participating in the lineman portion instead of the backs part because they "play defensive end". Catback, im sure you know more about Davis the competitor than me. How many times did you go 1 on 1 with him when he was playing said "defensive end" position?