Coalfields, Brandon Davis.

GIBSONJ

I have no connection to 1A football anymore besides memories. I have no favorites in this race. The basis of my belief is being a former offensive/defensive lineman, i find it unfair to nominate people from outside the position. I'll take it one step further. Every year at the KFL Jamboree during the 40 yard dash, ive seen players that are clearly runningbacks/wide receivers participating in the lineman portion instead of the backs part because they "play defensive end". Catback, im sure you know more about Davis the competitor than me. How many times did you go 1 on 1 with him when he was playing said "defensive end" position?

No one knows more about Brandon than you C-Logan, you said so yourself. According to the TSSAA site, this award includes defensive ends, so therefor, Brandons was not "nominated from outside of the position".

Brandon is near the top or at the top, in sacks, and tackles in the area. As much as he has accomplished on the offensive side, IMO he has dominated on the defensive side as well, using your logic, because he has been so successful as a running back, his accomplishments on defense should not be considered. And using the jamboree as an example is a poor choice, the jamboree dashes and the Player of the Year Awards are two completly diffferent competitions!

I think by stating that you are former lineman, sheds some light on your position. But, according to the TSSAA, Brandon has just as much right to be nominated, and to win this award, as anyone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows more about Brandon than you C-Logan, you said so yourself. According to the TSSAA site, this award includes defensive ends, so therefor, Brandons was not "nominated from outside of the position".

Brandon is near the top or at the top, in sacks, and tackles in the area. As much as he has accomplished on the offensive side, IMO he has dominated on the defensive side as well, using your logic, because he has been so successful as a running back, his accomplishments on defense should not be considered. And using the jamboree as an example is a poor choice, the jamboree dashes and the Player of the Year Awards are two completly diffferent competitions!

I think by stating that you are former lineman, sheds some light on your position. But, according to the TSSAA, Brandon has just as much right to be nominated, and to win this award, as anyone.

I know what TSSAA says. Like you said, my position as a former lineman leads me to think differently than the average person. My thoughts are not based solely on Brandon Davis, as I said, but rather that i dont think skill position players should be able to be nominated for lineman awards. I understand that Davis is listed as a defensive end. Because he is a Region 2-A performer that I have some history with, and since he has already been nominated, I hope he is lucky enough to win. Very few people can say they were ever a Mr Football award finalist let alone a winner. Good luck Brandon Davis and good luck Coalfield in the rest of the playoffs.

Ok Catback and Logan, you two simmer down a bit. To Logan's credit he knows some about region 2a but has not competed in that league in two years so he may be a little bit rusty having only seen Davis as a Fr. and So.. Things have changed a lot since then. MPG is no longer there and BD did take over the running back duties. This makes him a two year starter as a running back. 4K yards in two years ain't slouchy at all. However, the factor ignored that while he is a running back and a good one. He is a 4 year starter at the defensive end position and the sack leader in Prep Extra at least three of the four years.

Logan's complaint however is not well taken. BD fits the TSSAA description for the lineman award on defense, has proven his worth at that position, and if you really knew him you would know that he will pretty well let you know he truly loves that position. Now, let him have his award nomination in peace. He worked four years at the positon, has several records at the position, and loves to *play* the position. So with all due respect Logan, I don't think you know him as well as you thought you did. He likes that position better than running back but does both with equal effort, all out.

Actual only ..please

size?

40 time

GPA/ACT ?

Answered above. GPA/ACT are confidential but from conversations with him it is 3.50 or above. And yes we have some advanced classes at the School. He was in the Advance Science Class where he, and several other students, competed in the East TN. Science Fair. Several participants went to the Nationals for the small schools category. And finally that Science Teacher is a Nationally recognized teacher earning Michael A. Miliken teacher's award.

BD is getting the best a school of 200+/ - can offer. But so are the other students.

Most of this post was for Pianomaster.

Believe me, he is the real deal athletically, and academically.