Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you start getting that far apart in years it is near impossible to compare. All you can really do is guess. I don't think the RB team that won the state was as good as some of the more recent Maryville and Riverdale teams. I saw Red Bank play several times. Without Riggs, they wouldn't have come close. Riverdale and Maryville have always had a host of good players.

I remember hearing Stump Martin (guy who knows a ton about high school football) say that Ooltewah's D-line that year was one of the best if not the best he's ever seen. I personally believe that Ooltewah's entire team that year was better than this years team. Anyway, Red Bank played Ooltewah in the second round of the playoffs that year, and I think the final was 56-7 Red Bank. Riggs had something like 250 yds rushing and 6 TD's. You may be right about Maryville and Riverdale being better, I just don't see it. I've seen a lot of high school football and no team I've ever seen has come close to that Red Bank team.

I'm so sick of hearing about Maryville, when they step up to 5a lets see what they do then... Go Red Bank

I'm with you regarding Maryville. I want them to be dethroned, but they usually come out victorious in big games. I think Maryville is used to this, but this is the playoffs and anything could happen. There is pressure for both teams. Maryville is going for their sixth state title this decade. Red Bank is not usually in this position. Or are they? It will be a great game on way or another, so best of luck to both teams.

Maryville can hang with the big boys in 5A, especially in East TN. By the way, when are they moving up? Soon? Very soon? :rolleyes:

Edited by bellgo

Talk about sick of hearing something is wait until Maryville gets to 5A then we will see what they do.Well listen pal you still only have 11 players on the field at a time.We have played enough BIG AND BAD 5a teams to know that Maryville can and will compete with no problems .So if your tired of hearing about Maryville then stay off the posts.

William Blount and Heritage?

I’m a MHS alum that has lived in redbank for years

MHS 31

RB 14

Maryville has a team

RB has a few players

Why MHS will win - height, special teams, the swarm, and multiple offensive options

You can’t have home field advantage against a team that has played five games like this almost every year for a decade. (there was a pre GQ) RB is feeling and creating the hype not MHS, just another year and game.

Please dont start on the flag or politics or past games or refs. This is it, at least for one team.

Either way there will be some hits and a good game

Its amazing how a "few" players has won 12 games this year and lost 0 and has had 5 shutouts this year. Those "few" players must be awesome...

Its amazing how a "few" players has won 12 games this year and lost 0 and has had 5 shutouts this year. Those "few" players must be awesome...

Of course the idiot from Ooltewah gets on here...good to see you guys are still in the playoffs...that 5A is so tough...i just dont know what we would do if we moved up...my guess is stomp on you just like everyone else the past oh...8 years in 4A...i just love it...I dont know about MLREB or FBE but RB is gonna get all they want IMO...BTW hope everyone has a safe trip down there...i have to stay in good ole Murvul for this one...doctor's orders...haha

Of course the idiot from Ooltewah gets on here...good to see you guys are still in the playoffs...that 5A is so tough...i just dont know what we would do if we moved up...my guess is stomp on you just like everyone else the past oh...8 years in 4A...i just love it...I dont know about MLREB or FBE but RB is gonna get all they want IMO...BTW hope everyone has a safe trip down there...i have to stay in good ole Murvul for this one...doctor's orders...haha

how is he an idiot cause tremz made no sense and he stated some facts man i hope yall lose

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear