Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

The Lions are able to get a few hard fought yards but Maryville’s Defense is way too tough for RB. 5 sacks on RB’s QB. Getting quite on the Red Bank side and a few kids looking tired. Red Bank looks tired and beaten with 5:08 left in 4th Qtr. RB punts and Maryville has the ball and keeping it on the ground.

Edited by FBEmeritus

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give it to Maryville they stopped an offense that was not closed to be stopped all season. They mad Red Bank man up and they did not answer. I think the defense did as much as they could, the offense just did not get going. Maryville came to play and showed why they are so good. I am proud of Red Bank and their season and I hope to see you next year Maryville for another game. From what I see the Morristown fans seem alittle cocky, so would not mind if yall beat them and won state. Want be as bad when you say your season was ended by the state champs. I am guessing that some fans will come on here and rag Red Bank, but they got here and that is alot more then alot of teams in the state. Red Bank needs to go in the off season remembering this loss and come back next year fired up. I expect them to be good again next year and I am going to go out on a limb and say Maryville will be too. I did not think the Lions offense would be slowed down this much, but I give it to Maryville. :lol:

Maryville rules 38-14 and another one bites the dust.

Maryville was down early and Red Bank had the momentum but Maryville remained calm, focused and executed. Red Bank has not faced a team line Maryville. Even the local radio station was broadcasting the streak stops here! Well guess not! This why Maryville is a championship program and has won 43 straight games now. The kids never lay down despite how hyped or good the other team is or appears to be. It does not matter whose field it is Maryville will exploit any weakness. I have said this 2006 squad is not the best team Maryville has had over the past 10 years, but make no mistake they are better than most and will not be defeated easily. Red Bank had a good team but not ready for a team like Maryville fields.

None the less 12-1 is a great season. The Lions have no reason to hang their heads. They had a great season and are a very good team. I hope we get to see you next year about this time, hopefully at Maryville.

Reb fans drive safe and I’ll see you at the “Skeeter” next week when Maryville blows Morristown West off the field to advance to another State Championship opportunity.

And that is all it is an, opportunity!

Comments?

dang...and i thought Red Bank wouldve kept it close. Looks like Red Bank got a good taste of what Maryville is all about. How did Maryville handle those big boys upfront. I think their numbers are 67 and 69. Those guys were hard to blobk when Powell played Red Bank and #69 made the line's life miserable. Also how did Maples do because I know those Red Bank DBs probably couldnt guard him.

Once again Maryville wins on the field...Red Bank joins an ever growing list of teams whose fans talk a lot of smack leading up to the game on coacht and then act surprised that Maryville's fans respond to some of those comments after the game. Congratultions to both teams. Way to go Maryville.

I manned up and admitted they whipped us. You deserve to make comments about people predictions, but make sure you realize some of these fans have on blinders. I thought it would a lot closer, but it wasnt. If you want to say I talked smack thats fine I just made a prediciton. I am not blaming refs or crying about anything like alot of fans that Maryville has beaten.