Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

Tynerfan99

Thanks for the post. I enjoyed watching your team play Alcoa last year. I watched it on the replay that they show in Blount County. Your team gave Alcoa all they wanted and more. All the Alcoa fans told me that Tyner was by far the best 2A team they played last year.

Pepvol and FBEMeritus. I could not have said it better. I will add to more of what they said. The true die hard Maryville fans like me,pepvol,STARS,Insider,Rebel78,Mapperman,mhs,Rebelnation,FBEMeritus,GREYRIDER and the other posters do not show up just because Maryville is winning right now. They love watching these boys because they leave it all on the field. Those boys have that never say die attitude.They never give up. Those boys play for the love of the game and the love for the school and community. Another thing we like is the discipline they have. No taunting and showboating. The fact that they are winning a lot of games is just icing on the cake.

I know Furman has talked to George Quarles. I don't know about any other schools. I hope Quarles retires at Maryville myself. I would not be surprised to see other high schools look at some of the Maryville assistants. Jim Gaylor and David Ellis used to be head coaches. I believe Joe Pinkerton,Joe Robinette and Mike White would be good candidates for a head coaching job. I believe it would take a great offer to pry those guys away from Maryville. Maryville pays their teachers and coaches very well. I heard Maryville is one of the top 5 paying jobs in the state. Alcoa is top 5 also.

:thumb:

I don't know how long this staff will stay together; I am amazed that they have stayed together this long this day and age. You can go down to John Sevier Elem. School or one of the others and the many of the 3rd graders down there know who the head Coach at Maryville is by name! Try that somewhere else. The kids who play sand-lot football during the games are pretending to be the Rebels of the future. They all want to play for GQ and the Rebels.

One might note GQ played for Vandy's head Coach Bobby Johnson while at Furman. GQ is well connected as his players are all over college football at all levels playing for guys like Ken Sparks, the Ole' Ball coach, Tommy Tupperville and a few others around the southeast at the next level. If GQ wants a job at the next level like some of the other one's RebRon named they would be gone tomorrow. I hope they will stay but we all know it will end one day. I have seen and played my share of football and I can tell you GQ calls a better game than Cutcliff, Fulmer or Sanders just to name a few and they would be wise to give GQ a shot IMO, but why go back to losing and not playing for Championships? After all football is football.

;)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

I don't know how long this staff will stay together; I am amazed that they have stayed together this long this day and age. You can go down to John Sevier Elem. School or one of the others and the many of the 3rd graders down there know who the head Coach at Maryville is by name! Try that somewhere else. The kids who play sand-lot football during the games are pretending to be the Rebels of the future. They all want to play for GQ and the Rebels.

One might note GQ played for Vandy's head Coach Bobby Johnson while at Furman. GQ is well connected as his players are all over college football at all levels playing for guys like Ken Sparks, the Ole' Ball coach, Tommy Tupperville and a few others around the southeast at the next level. If GQ wants a job at the next level like some of the other one's RebRon named they would be gone tomorrow. I hope they will stay but we all know it will end one day. I have seen and played my share of football and I can tell you GQ calls a better game than Cutcliff, Fulmer or Sanders just to name a few and they would be wise to give GQ a shot IMO, but why go back to losing and not playing for Championships? After all football is football.

:lol:

FBE,

First off, the "lion recipes" a page or so back were great. Any idea though where I might be able to pick up a couple of pounds of lion meat here in the greater Maryville area?

Second, don't "warm those Trojans" too much ... you might "weaken their integrity".

As far as George moving into the college ranks. Question ... were you surprised by the move Arkansas made last year, placing a high school coach directly into a coordinator's position? And do you think this sets a precedent that could play in to the whole GQ equation?

And one other thing ... not to "stir up the MW folks or anyone else" but ... with the exception of going to the "William and Mary" set against Alcoa, have the Rebels even shown any of their bag of tricks this season offensively?

Are you coming to the game GOVMAN?

Yes ... I plan on being one of the thousands. Last year, I ended up sitting in the Morristown West Student Section (not by design, I promise.)

As far as my prediction? Tell either Mark Young or Aaron Chamberlain to loosen up their arms. I expect to see one or the other by early 4th qtr.

It's gonna be cold ... we might want to get FBEmeritus to bring some of those "warmed up Trojans" he mentioned earlier.

Question ... were you surprised by the move Arkansas made last year, placing a high school coach directly into a coordinator's position? And do you think this sets a precedent that could play in to the whole GQ equation?

Great question Govman.

I think it was an interesting move. Honestly, I think the move had more to do with that coach bringing a lot of the talent he had at his high school with him to Arkansas. I'm not sure that a lot of big schools would be willing to take that same risk. As it stands, that Arkansas OC has had his leash shortened considerably, his star QB benched and has basically been saved by the fact that the best running back in the nation is standing behind his massive (did I say MASSIVE) O-line.

If GQ ever has a couple of top tier D1 guys on a squad who will follow him anywhere, then it wouldn't surprise me to see a big school go after that package.

Leave it to GovMan, who just can't get "William and Mary" Blount off his mind. :thumb:

That's pretty clever there STARSNBARS. Did Nellie Belle make it back from Red Bank? And why did you leave the bones for the waitress when you could have chucked the into Nellie Belle.

Also how was recruitin' in the 'Nooga area. I think you would have a shot at some of those Brainerd kids. :lol: Do they have good garbage service down there?

Yes ... I plan on being one of the thousands. Last year, I ended up sitting in the Morristown West Student Section (not by design, I promise.)

As far as my prediction? Tell either Mark Young or Aaron Chamberlain to loosen up their arms. I expect to see one or the other by early 4th qtr.

It's gonna be cold ... we might want to get FBEmeritus to bring some of those "warmed up Trojans" he mentioned earlier.

I will be unable to supply any warm Trojans, but if you sit near the Vistors side, you might find some pretty hot fans over there by mid third qtr :angry:

The forcast for Friday is to be about 35 near kick-off then in the twentys by the end of the game.

I thought the same thing GovMan. The 41 year old Gus Malzahn is a Renowned Arkansas high school football who joined Arkansas’ staff on Dec. 9, 2005, as offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach. He joined the staff following an impressive five-year run at Springdale High School capped by one of the most dominant seasons by any school in 2005. His squad at Springdale last year went 14-0, won the state’s Class 5A championship, outscored its opponents 664-118, including a 54-20 victory over West Memphis in the state championship game, and was consistently ranked among the top 10 teams in the nation.

Here is the kicker---Included on the championship team were Razorback freshmen Ben Cleveland, Mitch Mustain, Andrew Norman and Damian Williams. These kids are all players and the coach is known for his no-huddle offensive philosophy and he has also produced an instructional video and book titled "Hurry Up No Huddle — An Offensive Philosophy."

I think also Coach Nutt had to do something to get his program back on the right tract. He caught some flack from the community over this move I read, but who is laughing now. Arkansas will beat Florida in the SEC Championship game and will finish in the top five. I firmly believe Quarles could make an impact on that level but if you think a guy like Fulmer can think outside of his box, you’re just silly. UT has proven if you ain't played here, you won’t coach here in most cases.

That's pretty clever there STARSNBARS. Did Nellie Belle make it back from Red Bank? And why did you leave the bones for the waitress when you could have chucked the into Nellie Belle.

Also how was recruitin' in the 'Nooga area. I think you would have a shot at some of those Brainerd kids. :D Do they have good garbage service down there?

RR, Nellie Belle made it jest fine. But she does use a lot of oil. About 3 quarts per fill up. Eye beeleeve Old Nellie thanks she's a two cycle.

Eye wood have brought them bones butt we wuz loaded and Nellie wuz carrying a few extree riders. Aftur tha gaim Fridee nite, we all thanked hit over and decided to dump Nellie's load right up thar on Signal Mountain. Better gas and oil mileage on tha way bak home.

Eye left a few callin cards fer Starsnbars Garbige/Recrutin' Servuss under sum windshield wipers last Fridee at Red Bank. Eye wuz goin' to leeve several more cards, but by tha time eye got out thair to put 'em on tha cars middul ways of the 3rd quarter, a lot of Red Bank folks had allreddee left and headed to tha barn fer sum reesun.

Eye will say this 'bout recrutin' bawl players and why eye beeleeve Chattanoogie has sum good players. Ennywhere you find good ribs, you'll find good bawl players. So thairfour, they'll need good garbige/recrutin servusses. Lucky fer them, eye'm jest tha man to hep'em out. :D