Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

The inside pass protection is good. The holes are off the corners. Use press on the receivers to hold them up and throw off the qb and bring pressure off the corner. Hit him a few good times and he will start looking for the rush instead of the receivers.

LB's are very good. At times I thought we had the edge and they closed well. You might use motion from a slot to crack down inside for an outside play but you must be good enough to block the strong safety in space. With the crack block it will serve two purposes one you get to rattle his cage two you can cut off inside flow.

Use your size and power running game exploit their multiple defensive fronts from upstairs and you'll have a happy night. Don't let your players be drawn into any on the field problems that might get them ejected. It seems that every year in the past Fairley gets a player thrown out of a game for doing something out of frustration when we had a big lead. Obviously this year the game was close and that didn't happen. I will say this from everything I was told they conducted themselves like gentlemen at half time. But take measures to educate your team because if a player is ejected he is not only out for the rest of that game but the next as well.

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RedPatriot,

My I'm a Memphis (Fairley) HS football fan.

As for the whereabouts of the full-bloodied Fairley fans -- my guess is that there aren't too many of 'em that even know about this CoachT board....I'm not too sure how many of 'em are going to show up to the game, Friday nite.

Maybe "Crc, Kwc, OMW, EastMustang" and/or other fellow Memphis CoachT members can enlighten us as to how well the Fairley fans travel with their team.

I'd love to see Fairley's fans PACK out the visitors stands!

I'll tell you this much...after much deliberation, I plan to attend this game (it could still change, though) instead of the Woodale vs White Station game. I decided that I'm more intrigued by the Fairley vs HC matchup vs the rematch of those teams....I'm pulling for Woodale, though.

Anyway, hopefully we can get more Memphians to sign up on CoachT. Until then, I guess the few of us will try to "hold down the fort," as best as we can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Fairley. Beat Henry County

I smell an UPSET brewing (hopefully)! :thumb:

Upset? My understanding is that HC is the underdog in this one.

I heard there might be a pre-game pep rally so that adults as well as students could be there. The players will be warming up and will hear all the support before the kick off. Keep your eyes and ears open (paper and radio) to see if this is true or not. It will be cold, but we can get there early and get the BIG RED fired up.

A pregame pep rally would be the COOLEST thing to do while the players are warming up! I think that would really get the guys hyped up for the game, not to mention how proud that would make them feel. (Since the last home game attendance was sooooo low for a 1st round playoff game.) When our crowd came alive the 2nd half, so did the players & the results showed on the score board!

If all goes as I plan Friday, I'm going to bring some of my paints & will paint Patriots Fan's faces before the game, for those that want "Go Red" or a player's # etc. I've made one of those D- Fence signs for anybody that wants to use it in the stands.

I've bought a new horn & made some Patriot Bells for this game, since I broke my umbrella banging on the seats at Melrose last Friday. I'm Ready To Make Some Noise For The Big Red Patriots!

Like he said RedPride, an "upset" is brewing! HC is on a roll!!! But as for the smell, I think he has some Bulldog poohey on his shoey!!! :P

;):lol: Good One! :justwrestle:

A pregame pep rally would be the COOLEST thing to do while the players are warming up! I think that would really get the guys hyped up for the game, not to mention how proud that would make them feel. (Since the last home game attendance was sooooo low for a 1st round playoff game.) When our crowd came alive the 2nd half, so did the players & the results showed on the score board!

If all goes as I plan Friday, I'm going to bring some of my paints & will paint Patriots Fan's faces before the game, for those that want "Go Red" or a player's # etc. I've made one of those D- Fence signs for anybody that wants to use it in the stands.

I've bought a new horn & made some Patriot Bells for this game, since I broke my umbrella banging on the seats at Melrose last Friday. I'm Ready To Make Some Noise For The Big Red Patriots!

:P;) Good One! :justwrestle:

Sorry, Mom, but I just heard they could not get it planned it time. Let's get there early and do it ourselves. Tell all of your friends. I will do the same. Since tickets are not being sold in advance, everyone should get there early anyway.

Sorry, Mom, but I just heard they could not get it planned it time. Let's get there early and do it ourselves. Tell all of your friends. I will do the same. Since tickets are not being sold in advance, everyone should get there early anyway.

Maybe Randy could lead it if cheerleaders aren't. That would really fire up guys! I think he is only in time out DURING game!

That's a great plan. Word of mouth travels faster than anything! I know people will be out near the practice field tailgating (I htink) so that might be a good spot to have the pep rally, next to where the Patriots come out of the field house!!! Also next to the ticket booth...

Well, alrighty then lets just do it ourselves! Yes, I believe we do need Randy to lead this one. I believe he would get the guys going better & they would love it. I saw some Great "MOM" cheerleaders last Friday night & I hope we can get the word to them & all the other parents for this!

What time should we rally the troops & are we going to do it in the regular bleachers?

I'm more excited than a child on Christmas Eve!

Well Henry County fans, the day draws near. This is going to be another terrific game. I'm hoping that Fairley wins but I won't be disappointed if Henry County pulls it out. I just want the winner of this game to beat Hillsboro next week, because that's who I think will make it from the Region 5/6 quarterfinals.

I've made it known that I haven't seen Fairley play this year. I do feel confident however, that their defense is one of the best in the City of Memphis. They rank right up there with Ridgeway, Wooddale, Melrose, and White Station. I am also getting the impression that a lot of the Henry County fans who post messages on here seem to think that since Henry County ran up and down the field on Melrose, that they will do the same to Fairley, in the same fashion. Well, I'm not convinced Henry County will be able to run that effectively against this Fairley 'D' as they did last week against the Melrose 'D'. This has nothing to do with Henry County's ability. If anybody who attended last weeks game noticed #7 for Melrose limping throughout the game against last week, then you know what I am talking about. I am saying that the Melrose coaches shouldn't have played him with his injured (pulled) hamstring. He was a shell of his normal self (50-60 percent in my opinion), and therefore, The Melrose 'D' you guys faced wasn't their (Melrose) best 'D'. The week prior, against Hardin County, he didn't play because of the injury. The coaches for Melrose should have benched him and played his understudy in the game. (That's not the point of this message, just my personal opinion on that situation) I'm not rehashing the Melrose game trying to take anything away from your victory. I'm trying to give you a point of reference to which I know you and I both have, which is last week’s game. I'm not saying that if he (#7) was healthy you guys wouldn't have scored 34 points, even though I do personally think that is the case, that's not the purpose of this message. Let me put it like this. Take the Chicago Bears 'D' as it is presently, and rip Brian Urlacher's hamstring, and then allow him to play with it hurt. You get the picture? They are good, even with him limping around, but not as good as they could be with their prime defender playing injured. Well ... the Fairley 'D' is just as good as the Melrose 'D' when #7 for Melrose is healthy. Think about it ... Munford was shut out the entire 2nd quarter in last week’s game. I know that cougarmike has said the Munford shot itself in the foot the entire 2nd half of last weeks game, but still, they only scored 2 TD's from their offense the entire game. The other two scores came from a fumble recovery run back for a TD and the other was a returned punt for a TD. I tend to think that maybe, some of the Munford woes were a result of the team on the opposite side of the ball. I think the Fairley 'D' is a whole lot better then what some Henry County fans want to give them credit for, and if you are comparing their 'D' to the Melrose 'D' you saw last week ... well ... I think you get the picture. I'm not saying the Fairley's 'D' is going to shut you down either. I'm just saying, I think their 'D' is a whole lot better then some people seem to think.

I'll end this message with this note. This is going to be a very hard hitting game on both sides of the ball. Henry County focused on beating Melrose from last year. Fairley is doing the same towards Henry County concerning last year’s loss.

P.S. ... the Fairley folks will travel. Since my son doesn't have basketball practice this Friday, I'm thinking about coming to this one because I'm assured of a game next week in Memphis in 5A.

Well, alrighty then lets just do it ourselves! Yes, I believe we do need Randy to lead this one. I believe he would get the guys going better & they would love it. I saw some Great "MOM" cheerleaders last Friday night & I hope we can get the word to them & all the other parents for this!

What time should we rally the troops & are we going to do it in the regular bleachers?

I'm more excited than a child on Christmas Eve!

Just my opinion, but I think we should do it in the regular bleachers as the guys are warming up. They should hear us the entire time, instead of Fairley's band or warm-up. We will have to have a big crowd with big mouths to get over the volume of the opposing band. I just think about a college game and how the fans are cheering during the entire warm-up. It gets the electricity in the air. It can't hurt and might just help. I don't know Randy that well. Sherry, get him "in the know." We need to find out when warm-up starts to know about a time.

When might we expect the Yanker's prediction?

Edited by realredpride