Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

Drewcephus, Since I am not the best with timing or directions, will you help out a Memphis fan who posted earlier? Thanks, RRP

No problem! Glad to do it. :unsure:

Realredpride:

What's the best way to get to the stadium from Memphis? How early should I leave if I drive up there?

kwc,

I will give you the way that I think is the quickest and easiest at that time of day. You will need to get to Jackson first. Stay on I-40 through most of the main exits to Jackson and then take exit 87 to Huntingdon, its two lane but avoids all of the little towns with stop lights going through Milan and avoids Jackson rush hour traffic. This is Hwy 70. Take this road all the way into Huntingdon, until you come to a 4-way stop. Turn left in front of Wal-Mart. You will go about half a mile then trun (veer) right following signs to Hwy 22. Take this road up to the next 4-way stop and turn left. This is Hwy 22. Stay on this road until you see an exit sign for Paris, Hwy 79 N. This will take you into Paris. I recommend that you take your first right at the first red light you come to. This is Hwy 218. Come to the next 4-way stop and go straight. At the next 4-way stop turn left onto Hwy 641N. Once on this road you come up to the stop light and turn right but immediately get in the left lane to turn onto Lankford Rd. This road takes you directly up to the school and parking lot.

From Memphis, I would give myself at least 2½ hours travel time, maybe a little more. So I recommend that you get to Paris by 6:30 at the latest. Big crowd expected so use your own best judgement. I hope this helps!!! Travel safe!!!

Edited by Drewcephus

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say to give yourself about 3hrs. & 1/2 to get here.(not sure where you're at) as far as directions my advice is to go to Map Quest & put in where you're at & the ending point as Henry County High School, 315 South Wilson Street, Paris, Tn 38242. Hit get directions & whola a driving map with written direction & pictures. That's what I use when we have away games. It will tell ya how many miles & how long it will take ya.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Thanks The Real Mom of #77. I usually use Yahoo maps (I like it better then mapquest because I can zoom in and out of the picture and manipulate it how I like). It has been my experience that those internet generated directions will give you a nice route, but not necessarily the 'best' route. If all else fails, that is what I would rely upon! ... :unsure:

Thanks The Real Mom of #77. I usually use Yahoo maps (I like it better then mapquest because I can zoom in and out of the picture and manipulate it how I like). It has been my experience that those internet generated directions will give you a nice route, but not necessarily the 'best' route. If all else fails, that is what I would rely upon! ... :unsure:

KWC, just get you a Limo and come to HenryLand in Style! :thumb:

Leave the driving to someone else. Bring a crew to share the cost!

No problem! Glad to do it. :unsure:

kwc,

I will give you the way that I think is the quickest and easiest at that time of day. You will need to get to Jackson first. Stay on I-40 through most of the main exits to Jackson and then take exit 87 to Huntingdon, its two lane but avoids all of the little towns with stop lights going through Milan and avoids Jackson rush hour traffic. This is Hwy 70. Take this road all the way into Huntingdon, until you come to a 4-way stop. Turn left in front of Wal-Mart. You will go about half a mile then trun (veer) right following signs to Hwy 22. Take this road up to the next 4-way stop and turn left. This is Hwy 22. Stay on this road until you see an exit sign for Paris, Hwy 79 N. This will take you into Paris. I recommend that you take your first right at the first red light you come to. This is Hwy 218. Come to the next 4-way stop and go straight. At the next 4-way stop turn left onto Hwy 641N. Once on this road you come up to the stop light and turn right but immediately get in the left lane to turn onto Lankford Rd. This road takes you directly up to the school and parking lot.

From Memphis, I would give myself at least 2½ hours travel time, maybe a little more. So I recommend that you get to Paris by 6:30 at the latest. Big crowd expected so use your own best judgement. I hope this helps!!! Travel safe!!!

If I decide to come up for the game, I'll print these directions and use them. The more I think about it though, the more it looks as if I'm going to keep my little ‘bee-hind’ in Memphis and go watch the 5A game between White Station and Wooddale. Two and a half hours one-way is a long way to travel to see a game where I don't have a dog in the fight, when I can just as easily direct my vehicle over to the fairgrounds and watch the two top teams in 5A got at it to see who represents our fair city in the semi-finals next week.

Thanks just the same for the directions and perhaps these will come in handy for somebody else who will be making the trip from Memphis to Paris.

Where in the world have all the HC fans been since yesterday afternoon? Either we are too confident, or we have decided that we play our last game tonight. I, for one, fit into neither of these categories. I am almost too nervous to be excited (almost). I want so badly to win this game and play another week. I hope everyone bundles up and comes out at six tonight to cheer the Patriots on during warm-ups. Gaddis even asked for that in last night's PI article (thanks, Tommy; you continue to do us proud with your coverage). Fairley is out for revenge, and they are good. The team has to play its game with little or no mistakes, and the fans have to be a part of the game the entire time, not just when things are going well or if we are winning at the end. I drove by the stadium this morning and got cold chills. I thought the school might have signs up in support of the team, but nothing was there. Oh well! Also, I agree with Mom. Every business in town should have something up. I drove around and again saw nothing. I just want the team to know that even though the visible support is not up, Henry Co. is on your side. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

Where in the world have all the HC fans been since yesterday afternoon? Either we are too confident, or we have decided that we play our last game tonight. I, for one, fit into neither of these categories. I am almost too nervous to be excited (almost). I want so badly to win this game and play another week. I hope everyone bundles up and comes out at six tonight to cheer the Patriots on during warm-ups. Gaddis even asked for that in last night's PI article (thanks, Tommy; you continue to do us proud with your coverage). Fairley is out for revenge, and they are good. The team has to play its game with little or no mistakes, and the fans have to be a part of the game the entire time, not just when things are going well or if we are winning at the end. I drove by the stadium this morning and got cold chills. I thought the school might have signs up in support of the team, but nothing was there. Oh well! Also, I agree with Mom. Every business in town should have something up. I drove around and again saw nothing. I just want the team to know that even though the visible support is not up, Henry Co. is on your side. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

Have no fear it will be packed and loud tonight.

Just this morning alone I have spoke with 5 people that intend to attend tonight and they have not been to the last 2-3 home games. Each have a family members that plan to attend. This post not alot different than some I have read this week. Last night was a busy night for athletics in HC. Today at the school is treated as a Patriot Spirit day so I would say alot of red, back slapping and good lucks.

Pats are fired up and ready to play.

Can't wait to step up into the stands tonight, see the players going thru their warmups, fans letting their voices be heard, Foghorn Leghorn strutting along the track surrounded by the cheerleaders, Pats taking the field all leading up to the Kickoff!

It's all RED PRIDE PERSONIFIED !!!!

There are DEEP problems in Henryland...and the YANKER saw it coming. The crowd at the East game was a joke at best. The town apparently does not know football exists past the regular system. Even the YANKER's prediction of a Patriot victory has failed to awaken the sleeping town. You all are happy with a victory over Melrose and now will listen on the radio...because it may be a little cold. Just as the YANKER thought...a bunch of pampered and spoiled people who cannot tolerate a little discomfort. You better enjoy your win over JCM...it is not likely to repeat itself. The YANKER will be there tonight with friends...and we will all be pulling for you...but we hope we do not witness your demise!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!