Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so FHS Admiral, what is the point in getting on here and talking about the games, if fate is just going to step in and change things....i mean i'm sorry your qb got hurt, you never want to see that happen, but you can't get at people for predicting how the game will turn out with him not in there..

I understand that our QB being hurt diminishes our chances somewhat, and I understand people seeing it that way. However, there have been a few Ooltewah fans on this board that seem to think that it gives the Owls a guaranteed free pass into the semifinals. I don't see it that way, and I believe Farragut deserves some respect as being more than a one man team, particularly since we played most of the game against WB last week without our QB and still won the game handily. We are still very solid on the OL and in the running game and we are better on defense than the first time we played the Owls. Also, we appear to have a reasonably capabable backup at QB. I still think Farragut will put up a significant fight against the Owls. In fact, I still think Farragut is quite capable of pulling an upset in this game, and that we deserve a little more respect than we seem to be getting from some in Hooterville, that's all.

I understand that our QB being hurt diminishes our chances somewhat, and I understand people seeing it that way. However, there have been a few Ooltewah fans on this board that seem to think that it gives the Owls a guaranteed free pass into the semifinals. I don't see it that way, and I believe Farragut deserves some respect as being more than a one man team, particularly since we played most of the game against WB last week without our QB and still won the game handily. We are still very solid on the OL and in the running game and we are better on defense than the first time we played the Owls. Also, we appear to have a reasonably capabable backup at QB. I still think Farragut will put up a significant fight against the Owls. In fact, I still think Farragut is quite capable of pulling an upset in this game, and that we deserve a little more respect than we seem to be getting from some in Hooterville, that's all.

You also haven't played an offense like what Ooltewah has neither. Maybe thats why the defense looks better? Beleive me Ooltewah knows what Farragut is capable of. YOu can't base one fans cockyness on the whole fan base. Good luck to Farragut. GO OWLS!

I'm sorry Farragut, but your season is over.

Without the QB, I bet Farragut would not have put a single point up in the fourth quarter of the game.

Guess what, that was almost all of it.

There is absolutely nothing Farragut can do in this game to win. Any team without a good QB will lose to Ooltewah, period. I can't see any reason whatsoever this won't be a victory of more than 20 points.

Oh, and I'm sorry that just because I'm cocky and confident, you think our whole fanbase is that way. Well I've got news for you...BRIAN MARSHALL POSTED ALREADY IN THIS THREAD SAYING THAT HE DOESN'T THINK THIS GAME WILL BE EASY.

This post is 100% correct.

Edited by Owlbino

I'm sorry Farragut, but your season is over.

Without the QB, I bet Farragut would not have put a single point up in the fourth quarter of the game.

Guess what, that was almost all of it.

There is absolutely nothing Farragut can do in this game to win. Any team without a good QB will lose to Ooltewah, period. I can't see any reason whatsoever this won't be a victory of more than 20 points.

Oh, and I'm sorry that just because I'm cocky and confident, you think our whole fanbase is that way. Well I've got news for you...BRIAN MARSHALL POSTED ALREADY IN THIS THREAD SAYING THAT HE DOESN'T THINK THIS GAME WILL BE EASY.

This post is 100% correct.

Feel free to keep on thinking that way my imbecilic feathered fruitcake. I got a feeling that the Admirals just might show up and be serving a little crow from the Crow's Nest to you and the rest of Hooterville this coming Friday. Then you and the rest of your overconfident feathered fans, just might be crying again in a Hooterville town hall meeting over at Mr. Druckers General Store, wondering about how you've managed to continue being the totally insignificant program you always have been ! :(

THEN AGAIN...MAYBE NOT. HEY FHS..REMEMBER THIS...THIS IS COACH MONROE'S SECOND YEAR HERE. GO BACK THROUGH YOUR HISTORY AND CHECK THE SCORE OF THE FRESHMAN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THIS YEAR. IT WAS AGAINST FARRAGUT AND REALIZE THIS. THIS IS NOT A ONE HIT WONDER TEAM. SO GET USED TO IT. WHETHER WE WIN OR LOSE. WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. PLEASE FORGIVE SOME OF THESE FANS. THEY AREN'T USED TO DOMINATING LIKE THEY WE HAVE DONE THIS YEAR. MAYBE NEXT YEAR OR THE NEXT THEY WILL DO A LITTLE BETTER. CAUSE I DON'T THINK THINGS ARE GOING TO BE MUCH DIFFERENT NEXT YEAR. THE PROOF IS IN THE STATS. :(

Feel free to keep on thinking that way my imbecilic feathered fruitcake. I got a feeling that the Admirals just might show up and be serving a little crow from the Crow's Nest to you and the rest of Hooterville this coming Friday. Then you and the rest of your overconfident feathered fans, just might be crying again in a Hooterville town hall meeting over at Mr. Druckers General Store, wondering about how you've managed to continue being the totally insignificant program you always have been ! :(

THEN AGAIN...MAYBE NOT. HEY FHS..REMEMBER THIS...THIS IS COACH MONROE'S SECOND YEAR HERE. GO BACK THROUGH YOUR HISTORY AND CHECK THE SCORE OF THE FRESHMAN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THIS YEAR. IT WAS AGAINST FARRAGUT AND REALIZE THIS. THIS IS NOT A ONE HIT WONDER TEAM. SO GET USED TO IT. WHETHER WE WIN OR LOSE. WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. PLEASE FORGIVE SOME OF THESE FANS. THEY AREN'T USED TO DOMINATING LIKE THEY WE HAVE DONE THIS YEAR. MAYBE NEXT YEAR OR THE NEXT THEY WILL DO A LITTLE BETTER. CAUSE I DON'T THINK THINGS ARE GOING TO BE MUCH DIFFERENT NEXT YEAR. THE PROOF IS IN THE STATS. :lol:

Yeah, well the only stats that I can see thus far are those on the TSSAA web site which say, that Ooltewah has only been to the playoffs 5 times not counting this year, with only 1 deep run in the playoffs EVER in its history. Pardon me if I act like someone from Missouri, but until I'm actually shown Ooltewah to do anything significant in the years to come, I will tend to be a skeptic. So far, Ooltewah has done very little as compared to Farragut in their VARSITY football program, (not to mention their overall sports program which is laughably uncomparable) and that my feathered friend is a FACT !!! As for the game this Friday, I would be willing to bet that even if you are fortunate enough to get past Farragut that you will take it on the chin hard to Riverdale next week. (For the record, I think Farragut will get beat handily by Riverdale too, if we win this week) Region 2 may be the toughest Region overall from top to bottom but there are some teams out there like Riverdale that are just typically better than anybody in our Region.

Edited by FHS_Admiral

Lets not kid ourselves, the first game was not really that close. Yes, I know it ended up being just a two point win for the Owls, but come on. Ooltewah was 2-3 TD's better than Farragut that game, and that was with their QB throwing all around the field. Now that he is out, how are they going to make up that 2-3 TD difference? Ooltewah rolls in this one.

Ooltewah - 31

Farragut - 10

Yeah, well the only stats that I can see thus far are those on the TSSAA web site which say, that Ooltewah has only been to the playoffs 5 times not counting this year, with only 1 deep run in the playoffs EVER in its history. Pardon me if I act like someone from Missouri, but until I'm actually shown Ooltewah to do anything significant in the years to come, I will tend to be a skeptic. So far, Ooltewah has done very little as compared to Farragut in their VARSITY football program, (not to mention their overall sports program which is laughably uncomparable) and that my feathered friend is a FACT !!! As for the game this Friday, I would be willing to bet that even if you are fortunate enough to get past Farragut that you will take it on the chin hard to Riverdale next week. (For the record, I think Farragut will get beat handily by Riverdale too, if we win this week) Region 2 may be the toughest Region overall from top to bottom but there are some teams out there like Riverdale that are just typically better than anybody in our Region.

Admiral, what does this have to do with the game? Congradulations on all your championships that your grandfather won. All this Owl generation knows how to do is win. All of these kids have been very successful in winning in thier time at Ooltewah. I would go out on a short limb, and say that Ooltewah probably has one of the best sports programs in the state when you consider every sport in recent years.. There is not one sport in which Ooltewah is bad in. See 2006 Spring Fling. These kids don't care that Ooltewah didn't make the playoffs before 2000. That has no affect on them what so ever. So quit bringing up the past, and talk about the present, which will be hard becuase you know its all coming to an end this Friday night for the ads.

THEN AGAIN...MAYBE NOT. HEY FHS..REMEMBER THIS...THIS IS COACH MONROE'S SECOND YEAR HERE. GO BACK THROUGH YOUR HISTORY AND CHECK THE SCORE OF THE FRESHMAN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THIS YEAR. IT WAS AGAINST FARRAGUT AND REALIZE THIS. THIS IS NOT A ONE HIT WONDER TEAM. SO GET USED TO IT. WHETHER WE WIN OR LOSE. WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. PLEASE FORGIVE SOME OF THESE FANS. THEY AREN'T USED TO DOMINATING LIKE THEY WE HAVE DONE THIS YEAR. MAYBE NEXT YEAR OR THE NEXT THEY WILL DO A LITTLE BETTER. CAUSE I DON'T THINK THINGS ARE GOING TO BE MUCH DIFFERENT NEXT YEAR. THE PROOF IS IN THE STATS. :lol:

Good points.

All kidding/jabs aside!

The Owls had a great looking team last year but lost to the Ads going into the 4th quarter each game. Farragut will be on the decline after the new school opens.

The Owls made the move to bring in a Coach who has taken them to the next level. Farragut is still using a Coach that has had all the talent in the world to win Championships but has under performed every year.

lovehsfootball- is correct is saying get use to it because this was suppose to be a rebuilding year for the owls and they are playing way above a rebuilding team.

Without FHS QB it will be hard to win. I saw the same thing happen to Gallatin against Ravenwood.

I will pull for Farragut but once the Owls pass this hurdle I will pull for them the fist time in my Adult life.

I been coaching against kids from the Ooltewah area since 95. So I know they have great sports programs in Hooterville but they never seam to be able to bring home the hardware. :lol:

Maybe Coach M can change that. :lol:

See U on the Mats.

Edited by rigger101