Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah is definitely for real. Very happy for the team, the community and Coach Monroe. I understand Marshall (19 carries) outran Sterling (26 carries) 170-145 total yards. He also scored on a 33 yard screen pass.

It appears that Farragut couldn't overcome their injuries--qb and fb were out for this one, but other than the second period, the Owls dominated this game. Pretty impressive. I really thought Farragut's defense would be tougher than that, but they had no answer for the balanced attack: Marshall running, Woods passing, and Jensen receiving. Final: 42-14.

Hey, ImaOwl, how about that td run by the little brother!

Good luck Owls in the semis. Looks like a close one in middle Tennesse right now.

Edited by basketballisbest

Looks like the Owls are on to Smyrna next week to face the bulldogs. Hopefully the balanced attack of the Owls will be too much for the dogs. The Owls football program now 28-0 for 2006 baby!!

Hopefully the Owl faithful will load up and head up state to support their Owls. Should be a great ballgame.

Sounds like Smyrna has a pretty good D, but so do the Owls.

GO OWLS!!!

Congratulations Ooltewah.

First know Smyrna has NO toilets on the visitors side. Their Hot Chocolate is great but they usually run out on the visitors side about the second quarter so you have to walk to their side concession stand. Late parking is in a field that can mire you up if you are not careful.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

Just heard Riverdale got beat. WOW guess we will be going to Smyrna. This was my favorite game all year! I just hope FHS Admiral and ihavenofrienz were :thumb: there

yeah i was there. it was a good game. til the 4th quarter. that kickoff for a td after Farragut tied the game i think is what killed us. and the lets be at the 3yd line and run the exact same place twice and then pass.. i wish he didnt throw to the Ooltewah guy. it was a junior mistake. just to let everyone know who just saw the score and thought it was a blow out. Farragut was down 7 at the end of the 3rd. but yeah it was a good game.. i talked to Ooltewah's PA announcer after the game. he is my dad's friend. so that was fun. but i just hate how i know ppl will just see the score and assume Ooltewah dominated the whole game. it was really just the 4th quarter. but special teams killed Farragut and not having 2 LBs that were out because they got hurt against William Blount along with our starting QB.. i still think Sterling is better than Marshall.. Ooltewah has a great D this year.. Farragut doesnt. so i dont see how u can say that if Marshall does good vs. us it makes him better. our D isnt nearly as good as it has been the last few years. im also a littel surprised that no one until now has realized that Farragut cant stop the pass.. or atleast if teams knew.. they couldnt take advantage of it. i guess u could say Ooltewah dominated the 1st qtr. but it was mostly just the first 5minutes. but yeah. Farragut couldnt stop Ooltewah on offense.. killers were kickoff for td and goal line interception.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

i still think Sterling is better than Marshall..

I think Sterling is a good back. He did not out play Marshall tonight, second time this year. Stop Sterling you stop Farragut. The Owls are not nearly as one dimensional as Farragut. See you guys next year, thanks for visiting the NEST. Great high school atmosphere tonight.

Edited by cooterhooter