Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

Now your getting arogant. No, he didn't have anything to do with Hampton getting 42, but sure as heck had something to do with Harriman only getting 7. Goins is one of the most dynamic and explosive players in Region 1 OR 2, and to say the game would be no differant with or without him is ignorant... I don't think they woulda won, but with Goins in the game would have been alot closer. And it would have helped Harriman as well if they had a decent coaching staff.

I'm not being arrogant. I think you were the cat that picked Harriman to win yesterday. Then took it off in a hurry. Hampton played Harriman last season with Goins, guess what ,they didn't score. Some of you Unaka people are just jealous, Harriman thumped you and so you thought they were going to do the same thing to Hampton. Hampton is NOT Unaka. Harriman ran the ball all over you, They couldn't run on Hampton so they had to try to pass.They didn't think we could throw ,wrong again. Hampton beat you guys like a red headed step child. Quit trying to drag Hampton down to Unaka's level, ITS OBVIOUS . We are on a different level.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, That quote is definately motivational bulletin board material!

This years team has only played 4 games at home, with the exception of the post season play. We should be acclimated to the road trips this year more than ever, but I'd like to see that phrase on a large banner in the locker room. Give em a little something extra to shoot for.

The dogs defense has looked AWESOME lately, especially inside the red zone. The D has only given up 7 points in the last two games combined, (We gave Onieda two with the botched punt snap) that is about as good as it gets right there. If that type of effort continues to be the norm from our defense, we should be able to beat Coalfield, or anyone else without Adam.

Excellent team effort from the WHOLE TEAM, for the ENTIRE GAME last night!!!!!!

We will know by mid week if Adam will be ready! He's determined to be there.

Get er done!

Firsts is not a problem for this bunch, neither J C or Mike had ever beat Oneida. I doubt Hampton has ever won 23 games in two seasons. Hampton has never passed for near as many yards. Probably alot of firsts I don't even know about. The thing I like about thus bunch is ,they are focused and they know if they give their best ,they can win. But I agree this would be a goal. Win one on the road. Its really not any harder. Tell ole 25 I said . GETTTTTTURRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNN

Hampton will try and run over Coalfield, that’s how they always have played and will try to do that Friday night. Coalfield keys to winning are Johnny Hill, Steven Gunter, & Melton. I think they will have to complete a lot of passes to beat Hampton, I don’t think coalfield can line up and run right over them like they have every one else. Davis has big night on Defense and the Gunter/Melton combination has “HUGE” night! Hampton stuffs the run early and is a close game. Then Coalfield finds the combination.

Coalfield 27

Hampton 21

:thumb:

They tried to run over Harriman with 119 passing yards and three tds in the 1st half. Yeah they will run it most of the time,but Coalfield had better respect the pass. Really no need for me to say this because Coalfield has great coaching and they will know to respect the pass.

I'm not being arrogant. I think you were the cat that picked Harriman to win yesterday. Then took it off in a hurry. Hampton played Harriman last season with Goins, guess what ,they didn't score. Some of you Unaka people are just jealous, Harriman thumped you and so you thought they were going to do the same thing to Hampton. Hampton is NOT Unaka. Harriman ran the ball all over you, They couldn't run on Hampton so they had to try to pass.They didn't think we could throw ,wrong again. Hampton beat you guys like a red headed step child. Quit trying to drag Hampton down to Unaka's level, ITS OBVIOUS . We are on a different level.

Oh yes you are arogant... Your even more arogant than your brother. If you HONESTLY think that you would have completely blown out Harriman had they had Goins, your are mistaking... And why do you keep bringing up Unaka? Unaka is not in it anymore. They're out. And with the way you keep bringing it up, it makes me think that if you get beat in the play-offs, (which that will happen) your gonna fall back on beating Unaka. Well whop-de-do! You beat Unaka! You were picked to, you were SUPPOSED to, and you did. To keep coming back to it shows a complete lack of class by you.

Being from Braemar myself I too will be there supporting our Dogs. Great game last night, enjoy it for a day or two but get ready to get back to work come Monday. Coalfield is the real deal and we'd certainly better be ready to play. Looking forward to going down.

Great game for you too D'Dog. Your voice was bouncing off the Mountains loud & clear. I appreciate the professional way that you go about your business, unlike other announcers.

Edited by dog4life

Oh yes you are arogant... Your even more arogant than your brother. If you HONESTLY think that you would have completely blown out Harriman had they had Goins, your are mistaking... And why do you keep bringing up Unaka? Unaka is not in it anymore. They're out. And with the way you keep bringing it up, it makes me think that if you get beat in the play-offs, (which that will happen) your gonna fall back on beating Unaka. Well whop-de-do! You beat Unaka! You were picked to, you were SUPPOSED to, and you did. To keep coming back to it shows a complete lack of class by you.

According to you ,we were going to get beat last night. Don't go into the bookie business. You need to worry about Unaka and me and my arrogant brother will worry about Hampton, 42 to 7 who would of thought it. 47 to 0 my goodness. SHUT YO MOUTH

Remember this game is at Coalfield, and 99% of people in morgan county who likes football well be there all for coalfield. That's always a big deal. But I think Coalfield's pass D will be fine. They have alotta speed in the secondary and alot of experience. Brandon Davis will have to get something going in the ground game friday night to give Coalfield a shot. But remember Melton is prolly one of the best receivers in the region, and Gunter has break away speed. Coalfield's D will step up, with the absense of second leading tackler Liles.

Hampton-7

Coalfied-14

Goins is Harriman's best offensive...and defensive player, but Hampton still would have won probably unless him not being in there just caused Harriman to give up.

Harriman had lost three games until last night, Goose said they had trouble wuth Kingston and Rockwood because they were strronger and pushed them around, they got pushed around again last night. Hampton is a big strong team that plays with an atttitude. Coalfield is not going to lay down for anyone,its gonna be a great ballgame. I think we will get our money's worth.

Hampton has a pretty diverse offense and Coalfield is gonna have to be on their toes to respect the pass and rushing game. But Coalfield's D has stepped up every time they needed to and I don't think Friday is gonna be ANY different. It's gonna be, as a certain commentator for that wrestling company in Connecticut says, a real "slobber-knocker".

Coalfield- 21

Hampton- 14

:rolleyes:

Now your getting arogant. No, he didn't have anything to do with Hampton getting 42, but sure as heck had something to do with Harriman only getting 7. Goins is one of the most dynamic and explosive players in Region 1 OR 2, and to say the game would be no differant with or without him is ignorant... I don't think they woulda won, but with Goins in the game would have been alot closer. And it would have helped Harriman as well if they had a decent coaching staff.

How hard Hampton was hitting had a lot to do with Mr. Goins being injured. Hampton looks tough to beat to me.

Edited by ULfan