McCallie vs. Brentwood Academy

Buzzman

This one was like a prize fight -- each landing blows. Every time BA would get a little breathing room, McCallie would counter punch. BJ Coleman was pretty amazing and his receivers did a great job. You just knew if BA wasn't able to get that last first down that McCallie would score . . .

Congratulations to BA and particularly the seniors. Ryan White, Tyree Ford, John Garret, Tyler Baker, Trent Caffee, AJ Green . . . too many to mention. Tyree and Ryan had great games -- each had big plays.

This was a well played game -- clean and with very few mistakes by either team -- both should be proud. My only disapointment was watching Ronnie Carter as he turned his back and walked away as Coach Flatt and BA were given the Gold Ball. He handed McCallie their trophy and walked away . . . class act.

GO BA!

From what I saw, a man in a green jumpsuit gave the McCallie coach his award and then walked away. Another person gave Coach Flatt his award. When I heard Mr. Carter's name as giving the awards at the presentation, I wondered how it would go down.

Oh well, Vivat Veritas......

The best thing I can say is, what a shootout! Both teams came ready to play, and McCallie was never out of it, even when they went down by 17. Coleman and the rest of the McCallie squad were so dangerous. I have never seen two quarterbacks of that caliber play in one game in high school football. Coleman is the real deal. I believe Calfee's stock went up tremendously in that game.....It was his best all season. Congrats to both programs. Neither team deserved a loss, but someone had to be the winner. I am happy for the BA family it was BA.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to BA on the Win last night! Hands donw, Ford and White are two of the best Running backs Mccallie had played against! Their ablilty to break tackles and out run defenders is a rare one! IM just sad Mccallie's D couldnt stop them! On the other hand i think McCallie played well at times and at other times, well i think you get the point!personally things didnt go as i hoped they would have but the better team won i suppose!

Went to the game tonight to watch my fellow Chattanoogan team McCallie play. The deference in the game was upfront. BA was just to big and strong upfront. BA's running back is a good one. I can't believe he is a 2nd stringer... Coleman is the real deal. There is nobody in the state in the past 10 years that could be compared to him. He is hands down teh best QB i've seen in high school live.

After finally getting a chance to watch McCallie play live I do think an Ooltewah/McCallie game will be a high scoring affair. BJ would pick Ooltweah apart and Ooltewah would do anything they wanted to against McCallies defense. I do believe McCallie might have an advantage if they did play because of how good #16 is. McCallie had a great year this year and congrats to them and espcially to the seniors. I can't wait to see BJ wear Orange and White next year. Some of you McCallians come back to Murfreesbora in 2 weeks to watch my Owls play if we make it!

Coach Flatt said that Coleman was the best QB he has seen in the past 10 years.

Congrats to BA on the Win last night! Hands donw, Ford and White are two of the best Running backs Mccallie had played against! Their ablilty to break tackles and out run defenders is a rare one! IM just sad Mccallie's D couldnt stop them! On the other hand i think McCallie played well at times and at other times, well i think you get the point!personally things didnt go as i hoped they would have but the better team won i suppose!

Interestingly enought, niether White or Ford made the Williamson AM's all-area team (fist or second team). According to this list the running backs from Fairview (DeGalliford), Ravenwood (Laidlaw), Page (Langford) and Independence (Pettigrew) were better . . .

All good backs I'm sure, but I have a hard time seeing the BA backs as being 5th and 6th in the county . . . Kind of makes you wonder what games they were watching.

Kind of makes you want to see more DII football, doesn't it? Coleman is very good, no doubt. Of the more recent DII QB's, I think Ingle Martin and Benji Walker were a bit better at the high school level, but Coleman is definitely in that class.

Here's what the guy who coached against Martin and Walker, ""Coleman is the best quarterback I’ve ever coached against. He’s the best I’ve seen." - Carlton Flatt.

Flatt didn't coach against Ingle Martin. Ingle was MBA's QB in 1999 and 2000 - two of the three years Flatt was out of the league.

Hi RRR, glad to see you writing. You are right. Coach Flatt didn't coach against Ingle. I will say, however, having seen Coleman in both BA games this year, I haven't seen this kind of QB in a long time.......well over 10 years....maybe 20-25 with Kent Austin & Tim Jones(both BA All-American QB's) throwing to Jimmy Hockaday(BA All American WR)/Gregg Johnson(Penn State) and the other BA recieving corps. No disrespect to Ingle. He was an awesome team leader and outstanding HS QB as well as college QB. What is Ingle doing now?

Congrats to BA on that elusive DII-AAA title. I know there are quite a few long-suffering BA football fans on this site...itzme, jek, WesVols, Brandon100, USA1, et al. - enjoy. Congrats to McCallie on a great year as well.

A little tidbit before we let the BA fans celebrate: the 10 DII-Large/AAA champions are now 46-1 all-time in non-league games during their championship seasons, and undefeated versus DI opponents.

Thanks as always for those stats RRR! Vivat Veritas! (For those that did not take latin.....that means "Let Truth Prevail"!)

Edited by Brandon100

Here's what the guy who coached against Martin and Walker, ""Coleman is the best quarterback I’ve ever coached against. He’s the best I’ve seen." - Carlton Flatt.

Coach Flatt didn't coach against Benji Walker.......Benji was BA's QB.....not sure if Benji was as good as Coleman. Benji had a hard time at Vandy, then when he got to play, he got an unsportsmanlike penalty for taunting a player after a TD. Vandy's coach rarely used him, especially after that. Really good HS player, but didn't pan out at Vandy. The good thing is he recieved a great education!

Edited by Brandon100