McCallie vs. Brentwood Academy

Buzzman

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to BA on that elusive DII-AAA title. I know there are quite a few long-suffering BA football fans on this site...itzme, jek, WesVols, Brandon100, USA1, et al. - enjoy. Congrats to McCallie on a great year as well.

A little tidbit before we let the BA fans celebrate: the 10 DII-Large/AAA champions are now 46-1 all-time in non-league games during their championship seasons, and undefeated versus DI opponents.

Congratulations to Brentwood Academy. Both schools had fine seasons and there should be more great games in the future. To McCallie, we're all proud of your effort. Typical McCallie team that never gives up. To all Ooltewah fans, we are all pulling for you. Best wishes to the Owls!!!!!

Just curious, Buzzman...who would win...McCallie or Ooltewah?

Good game.

BA put it on McCallie for 3 quarters, and withstood a furious comeback by McCallie in the 4th for the Eagles' first DIIAAA Championship. Really clutch performances by both teams, and a well played game. No turnovers by either team, and very few penalties as well, (...did McCallie have any??)

I don't think you could see much better performances by two QBs in a high school game. Both Coleman and Caffey did exactly what they had to in order to give their teams the best chance to win. Coleman was a machine. He is so accurate and makes great decisions. In the final analysis, BA just had more good players than McCallie, especially up front.

Very happy for the guys and the coaching staff. Congratulations.

Brentwood Academy Eagles -- state champions.

After ten years, it feels good to say that. And after seeing these teams play this evening, I'd be hard-pressed to find two better teams in the state of Tennessee. B.J. Coleman's arm has the strength of a jackhammer, and he pounded the Eagles' secondary with it all night. But the tenacity of Tyree Ford and Ryan White and the diverse skills of Trent Caffey matched him step for step.

In the end, BA's defensive line was the difference. Coach Pittman called an extraordinary game, and though it's impossible to shut down Coleman, the Eagles contained him just enough to get the win.

I'll have to say that I was worried when McCallie converted on 4th-and-18 inside the BA 20. Those of you who know about the 2001 game should know why.

Brentwood, hail to thee!!!

Edited by WesVols

This one was like a prize fight -- each landing blows. Every time BA would get a little breathing room, McCallie would counter punch. BJ Coleman was pretty amazing and his receivers did a great job. You just knew if BA wasn't able to get that last first down that McCallie would score . . .

Congratulations to BA and particularly the seniors. Ryan White, Tyree Ford, John Garret, Tyler Baker, Trent Caffee, AJ Green . . . too many to mention. Tyree and Ryan had great games -- each had big plays.

This was a well played game -- clean and with very few mistakes by either team -- both should be proud. My only disapointment was watching Ronnie Carter as he turned his back and walked away as Coach Flatt and BA were given the Gold Ball. He handed McCallie their trophy and walked away . . . class act.

GO BA!

This one was like a prize fight -- each landing blows. Every time BA would get a little breathing room, McCallie would counter punch. BJ Coleman was pretty amazing and his receivers did a great job. You just knew if BA wasn't able to get that last first down that McCallie would score . . .

Congratulations to BA and particularly the seniors. Ryan White, Tyree Ford, John Garret, Tyler Baker, Trent Caffee, AJ Green . . . too many to mention. Tyree and Ryan had great games -- each had big plays.

This was a well played game -- clean and with very few mistakes by either team -- both should be proud. My only disapointment was watching Ronnie Carter as he turned his back and walked away as Coach Flatt and BA were given the Gold Ball. He handed McCallie their trophy and walked away . . . class act.

GO BA!

Did he really?