Fulton at Catholic

Road2Three

An inevitable match-up will this be an offensive romp or a defensive shunt. Both team excellent. But I wonder who with UT Phil wanting Harrison who will he be cheering for? He already has Mr Football Rogan...

That will be the second best question for this game.

I have no real favorite the winner will likely bring hopme the BC/BS TN FB Trophy.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An inevitable match-up will this be an offensive romp or a defensive shunt. Both team excellent. But I wonder who with UT Phil wanting Harrison who will he be cheering for? He already has Mr Football Rogan...

That will be the second best question for this game.

I have no real favorite the winner will likely bring hopme the BC/BS TN FB Trophy.

I think this game may be an ESPN Classic game immediately! Don't see an offensive romp one way or the other. Both teams have potent offenses that won't be kept out of the end zone. Both have great defenses but both offenses have big play capabilities so I think a defensive shunt won't happen either. Big offensive plays from Rogan and Smith are a given. I give Smith the edge on the defensive side but Freeney and Rogan = Smith's presence. Catholic needs to play like they did for 43 minutes against AE. Will Blair get rattled like Stinson did? How big of an impact will the loss of Natour play? Don't really look forward to seeing how a backup performs against Fulton's defensive line. I see Smith and Rogan negating the other, who else will step up and make the big plays?

I really had this game as a "pick 'em" before Catholic's Friday night game against AE. For three and a half quarters Catholic mauled AE and when they scored the TD to go up 20-0 and people started leaving the atmosphere definitely dropped a notch and Catholic took their foot off the gas. All credit to AE, they didn't give up and made life very interesting for the last couple of minutes. The point is though that Catholic had the "fear of God" put into them and because of that I see Pemberton having this team more than ready for Fulton. Although there were a couple of contentious calls in the last game between these two Catholic was by far the better team and were worthy winners. I think before the AE game they might have started to believe their own hype. After Friday's scare there is no chance of this happening again.

Catholic to beat Fulton in a very close game.

Edited by lawman64

This game will ultimately be decided by who gets the big breaks and who limits the big plays. Last time around, Fulton shut down the run most of the game, but could not limit the big pass plays to Harrison. Freeney could be a huge difference in the secondary this time around. Also, Fulton's secondary has been getting a lot of picks lately and seems to be playing some real good ball lately. The bottom line, if Fulton can take care of the football and limit the big plays to Smith, I feel confident the Falcons can pull it off. Fulton has wanted this game since week 8, and now they got it. A few key plays will decide who goes on to win the title.

I don't like Catholic at all. But I respect them. I think a mutual respect exists and both teams know it could go either way. Big play potential is about even on both sides. The difference could be Harrison Smith's height... which we don't have an answer for. I can't wait for this one.

It will more than likely be the 3A state championship game.

it wouldnt surprise me to see the fulton d keying on harrison all night long whether hes lined up at wing or wide receiver. but i think this will open up big play opportunities for players like brian hartmann, matt pfleger, and michael browder. also i think eric lindsey will have a great game with his late grandfather watching over him.

it wouldnt surprise me to see the fulton d keying on harrison all night long whether hes lined up at wing or wide receiver. but i think this will open up big play opportunities for players like brian hartmann, matt pfleger, and michael browder. also i think eric lindsey will have a great game with his late grandfather watching over him.

Was he the man who was shot a couple days ago?

Oh, still tragic. I had him confused with the man who was shot on thursday or friday with the last name Lindsey. I think he was the man killed at the Walgreens on Clinton Highway.

Anyways... back to football...

IM GOING WITH FULTON IN THIS ONE, AE GAVE CATHOLIC ALL THEY WANTED FRIDAY NIGHT AND DID`NT EVEN START PLAYING TILL THE LAST 5 MINTS. I DON`T THINK EITHER TEAM CAN STOP EACH OTHERS PLAY MAKERS " ROGAN & SMITH: BUT I THINK THE DIFFERENT MAKER WILL BE HAMILTON I THINK HE CAN SHUT THE DIVE PLAY DOWN PLUS GET A GOOD PUSH UP THE MIDDLE WHICH WILL THROW THE TIMMING OFF IN THE DOUBLE WING. FREENEY WILL HELP STOP SMITH IN THE PASSING GAME. :thumb:

FULTON- 37

CATHOLIC -28

IM GOING WITH FULTON IN THIS ONE, AE GAVE CATHOLIC ALL THEY WANTED FRIDAY NIGHT AND DID`NT EVEN START PLAYING TILL THE LAST 5 MINTS. I DON`T THINK EITHER TEAM CAN STOP EACH OTHERS PLAY MAKERS " ROGAN & SMITH: BUT I THINK THE DIFFERENT MAKER WILL BE HAMILTON I THINK HE CAN SHUT THE DIVE PLAY DOWN PLUS GET A GOOD PUSH UP THE MIDDLE WHICH WILL THROW THE TIMMING OFF IN THE DOUBLE WING. FREENEY WILL HELP STOP SMITH IN THE PASSING GAME. :thumb:

FULTON- 37

CATHOLIC -28

No one can score 37 points on Catholic, not even Fulton's great offensive football team. Everyone talks about Harrison Smith or Dennis Rogan being keys to the game, and of course they are, but as mentioned in the post above, Anthony Hamilton will play a huge role and could really limit the effectiveness of Brian Hartmann, who has been running so well lately. Giving it to Hartmann for a gash up the middle may be easier said than done with Hamilton in the thick of things. If Catholic plays inspired football it would be hard to pick against them. But if Dennis Rogan comes out and is given some holes from his O-line it could get ugly in a hurry. With all that is riding on this game, it really is a toss-up. Good luck to both teams Friday and may the better team win!