2007-2009 Class 2A

Big Country

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it to the fine folks at the TSSAA to create a set of rules for one class while the other four classes play by a different set of rules.

I am not opposed to the play-off plan per say, but each class (1A-5A) should also go by the same play-off format. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The rocket scientists at "The Carter Insittute" could have just as easily redrawn the 8 regions and made them more geographically balanced even with the new additions next year in 2A while keeping the same play-off format as the other classes.

This new play-off format for 2A simply encourages teams to go and schedule nothing but cupcakes and twinkies for non region games.

Chalk me up as one person who thinks this new idea for 2A is nothing but shear stupidity on the part of the TSSAA. But then again, stupid ideas are one thing that we have come to expect from the TSSAA. :angry:

Leave it to the fine folks at the TSSAA to create a set of rules for one class while the other four classes play by a different set of rules.

I am not opposed to the play-off plan per say, but each class (1A-5A) should also go by the same play-off format. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The rocket scientists at "The Carter Insittute" could have just as easily redrawn the 8 regions and made them more geographically balanced even with the new additions next year in 2A while keeping the same play-off format as the other classes.

This new play-off format for 2A simply encourages teams to go and schedule nothing but cupcakes and twinkies for non region games.

Chalk me up as one person who thinks this new idea for 2A is nothing but shear stupidity on the part of the TSSAA. But then again, stupid ideas are one thing that we have come to expect from the TSSAA. :angry:

These are leaders, contact them.

http://tssaa.org/BoardofControl/boardof.htm

http://tssaa.org/LegislativeCouncil/legislat.htm

This realignment only helps Huntingdon in insuring a playoff slot every year. I really think it hurts them if they fail to schedule tough out of region opponents. They will always finish in the top two teams for the next 3 years. That kind of security may lead the Mustangs to play three tough out of region opponents. If they don't play tough out of region teams they will not be battle tested come playoffs because Camden is the only team that will push them in the region as I see it. I hope Milan is able to continue the regular season matchup. It is just a part of what makes high school football so great!!!!

This realignment only helps Huntingdon in insuring a playoff slot every year. I really think it hurts them if they fail to schedule tough out of region opponents. They will always finish in the top two teams for the next 3 years. That kind of security may lead the Mustangs to play three tough out of region opponents. If they don't play tough out of region teams they will not be battle tested come playoffs because Camden is the only team that will push them in the region as I see it. I hope Milan is able to continue the regular season matchup. It is just a part of what makes high school football so great!!!!

You're exactly right it could hurt Huntingdon in the playoffs playing an easy region schedule like we at Camden have found out. The only good thing is we will be able to schedule 4 non-region games instead of 2 . I would like to see Milan and maybe Lexington on our schedule. Would bring good gates and good competition. Most think this new alignment is stupid but I think most of the public schools in the current region 5 and most of the teams in region 6 are singing Carter's praises about now.

Edited by Lions4ever

You're exactly right it could hurt Huntingdon in the playoffs playing an easy region schedule like we at Camden have found out. The only good thing is we will be able to schedule 4 non-region games instead of 2 . I would like to see Milan and maybe Lexington on our schedule. Would bring good gates and good competition. Most think this new alignment is stupid but I think most of the public schools in the current region 5 and most of the teams in region 6 are singing Carter's praises about now.

I would love to see a Milan/Camden game. They used to play each other years ago and Ward would probably like to coach against the school he used to play for.