who is the best RB to come out the state of TN?

mr playboy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fine example of Fulmer's genius recruiting skills. He recruits heavily from other states that he lets several get out. Patrick is atop the leaders in the nation in tackles behind a mediocre at best defensive line. Can you imagine him behind some horse DT's at Knoxville.

I believe Harrison Smith will leave the state too.

I agree I believe that is part of some of the discipline issues up in Knoxville. If they had a few more local products that love the state and the university and had spent their whole life dreaming of playing there then maybe they would take it a little more seriously and stay out of trouble. I am not saying don't look out side of the state for game breakers but all things equal or close to equal take the instate product because they understand the tradition involved in playing at UT

I agree I believe that is part of some of the discipline issues up in Knoxville. If they had a few more local products that love the state and the university and had spent their whole life dreaming of playing there then maybe they would take it a little more seriously and stay out of trouble. I am not saying don't look out side of the state for game breakers but all things equal or close to equal take the instate product because they understand the tradition involved in playing at UT

Talent is talent! Look at the game tonight with west virgina vs pitt.The guys from pitt could not catch pat white or slaton no matter how much pride pitt has.a 4.3 will not be caught by a 4.6 guy no matter the grit or love of football.The fact of the matter is that Tennessee produces far less talent instate and is forced to look out of state for playmakers.I know this wont go over well on a high school Tennessee football but stats dont lie!States like Bama,GA,Miss,Fla ,LA produce tons more talent than Tennessee! Look it up and see for yourself!

King ran about a 10 flat hundred (Forty yard dashes weren't measured then.), was 6'4", weighed 225, ran with his knees about chin high, and was a fright to chase or to tackle. His nickname was "The Chief" (part Chickasaw Indian). You can check his record in the NFL archives on the Internet.

A 10 flat in the hundred :(

No doubt he was a great player, but the fastest time ever recorded in the 100 by non-electronic time (which is how they timed back then) was a 9.9 King would have broken a 20 year world record in the 100 that was held by Jessie Owens, which was a 10.2. Not saying he didn't ran a 10 flat, but if he did he might have been the greatest ATHLETE to come out of this state, let alone running back. Justin Gatlin ran a 9.76 on electronic time, and he had a little help. :(

Talent is talent! Look at the game tonight with west virgina vs pitt.The guys from pitt could not catch pat white or slaton no matter how much pride pitt has.a 4.3 will not be caught by a 4.6 guy no matter the grit or love of football.The fact of the matter is that Tennessee produces far less talent instate and is forced to look out of state for playmakers.I know this wont go over well on a high school Tennessee football but stats dont lie!States like Bama,GA,Miss,Fla ,LA produce tons more talent than Tennessee! Look it up and see for yourself!

On the flip side and good news part,Tennessee is starting to produce instate talent more abunduntly in the past 2-3 years! But we will still lose a few here and there like P turner or some thug that wants to play at the U! All the vols can do is offer the kids like Donald and Smith and go to the games like Coach PF has been doing and hope they commit.

Local products like D Brooks,D Holbert,Lee Smith and many other Tennessee guys that have got in trouble ! OOPS!

On the flip side and good news part,Tennessee is starting to produce instate talent more abunduntly in the past 2-3 years! But we will still lose a few here and there like P turner or some thug that wants to play at the U! All the vols can do is offer the kids like Donald and Smith and go to the games like Coach PF has been doing and hope they commit.

vpender, it sounds to me like you die in the wool vol fans are blind when it come to PH & THUG U ...... In the past couple of years The University of Tennessee is the WORST IN AMERICA on BEING THUG U, over 20 players displined or expelled from our All Mighty Vols..... I think The University of Tennessee Football has been a disgrace to the childern of the State of Tennessee, they are supposed to be ROLE MODELS but all they see ( & not just in knoxville, but it is the worst place in America) are thugs a fighting, drugs, underage drinking and barroom brawls when these kids are not even old enough to be in bars or be drinking..... It is going on in more places than just knoxville, it happened in Fla this week, Ole Miss a couple weeks ago, and Georgia has had more this year than anyone, but Tennessee is by a very very large margin leading all Colleges in the last couple of years, the attendance & there performance on the field has reflected the poor judgement by the Coaches in recruting, the low character of the kids playing there, the both of them's on field game time performance..... Overall in the Past few years I would have to give Phil Fulmer and the entire Tennessee Team a big old F if I were grading them........ JMO.......... Bledsoe Co. Warrior

Dang Dude, They are only 18-22 year olds ya'll seem 2 forget...and y do they have to be called thugs if they get in trouble???? do u know them personally, so if they get in a fight then they r a thug no matter if he got hit first he a thug, so he get a speeding ticket he a thug huh??i'm pretty sure u've been in a fight or 2 in your life so should i go around and call u a thug 4 possibly defending yourself and your friend...Come on man, get out of here...........that's becoming peoples favorite word "Thug"....so a person that has never been in trouble in they life get in a fight, so now he a thug huh? Most of yall don't even know what a thug really is, u only know what the T.V. portray as a thug..................Everybody's quick to judge untill the mirror is turned on u....................Think About It!!!!