who is the best RB to come out the state of TN?

mr playboy

I believe you have to consider Curtis Woodard from East Robertson high school. He played in the early 90s in 1A when there were only 3 classifications. The paper would read like this "Woodard had over 300 yards and 4 TDs on only 8 carries all in the 1st quarter". Yeah I know it sounds crazy; I was just in the 6th or 7th grade when I read these headlines and would have to read them 2 or 3 times to make sure I read it right. I know he was just in 1A but he averaged 29 yards a carry his senior year. That is good no matter what class you play in. I know these stats are hard to believe but just research it a little if you dont believe me and you will see for yourself.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you have to consider Curtis Woodard from East Robertson high school. He played in the early 90s in 1A when there were only 3 classifications. The paper would read like this "Woodard had over 300 yards and 4 TDs on only 8 carries all in the 1st quarter". Yeah I know it sounds crazy; I was just in the 6th or 7th grade when I read these headlines and would have to read them 2 or 3 times to make sure I read it right. I know he was just in 1A but he averaged 29 yards a carry his senior year. That is good no matter what class you play in. I know these stats are hard to believe but just research it a little if you dont believe me and you will see for yourself.

...and he was one of those guys that never saw the weight room, so I've heard. Just imagine if he actually tried!

...and he was one of those guys that never saw the weight room, so I've heard. Just imagine if he actually tried!

Maybe so but he was a phenominal athlete and talent. If I remember correctly I heard he was a solid 195 and could bench between 350-400 pds, and ran like a 4.3, 40 or something like that. Went to Cumderland University to play; was averaging somewhere around 180 yards a game as a freshman when he flunked out or quit I dont know exactly what happenned. If we are just talking about the highschool level though Curtis Woodard should be in the discussion atleast.

Maybe so but he was a phenominal athlete and talent. If I remember correctly I heard he was a solid 195 and could bench between 350-400 pds, and ran like a 4.3, 40 or something like that. Went to Cumderland University to play; was averaging somewhere around 180 yards a game as a freshman when he flunked out or quit I dont know exactly what happenned. If we are just talking about the highschool level though Curtis Woodard should be in the discussion atleast.

I'm definately agreeing w/ you. I'm just sayin' "what if" you know. He could have been a better known athlete (from East) than Carlos Groves if he actually applied himself. Carlos' only claim to fame is the one game he constantly fouled Shaq in a UT-LSU game! :thumb:

Edited by Shep

I'm definately agreeing w/ you. I'm just sayin' "what if" you know. He could have been a better known athlete (from East) than Carlos Groves if he actually applied himself. Carlos' only claim to fame is the one game he constantly fouled Shaq in a UT-LSU game! ;)

Yeah I see what you are sayin; there really is no tellin what he could have done if he had applied himself to the fullest of his potential. Considering what he did do it really could have been something special.

Leroy Thompson- Austin East

Jeremy Lyons- DCA

Troy Flemming

Travis Stephens

James Stewart

Reggie Cobb

Spencer Thomas- Halls

Santonio Beard

Shawn Sommers

Michal Smith

Eddie Moore

Greg Copper

i see someone finally mentioned Santonio Beard, this guy was a back to back mr football winner in 97-98. Also Tremaine Turner was a good one that played at Springfield and later on went to Ole Miss. also forgeting Michael Coleman who played at Stratford high school in the early 90'shad a full ride to Alabama but choose baseball

i see someone finally mentioned Santonio Beard, this guy was a back to back mr football winner in 97-98. Also Tremaine Turner was a good one that played at Springfield and later on went to Ole Miss. also forgeting Michael Coleman who played at Stratford high school in the early 90'shad a full ride to Alabama but choose baseball

I cant believe I forgot about Tremanie Turner; not only was he a great RB but also a very classy guy.