lipscomb vs. giles co

coach5

i would just like to say as a giles county fan we are not complaining about lipscomb being a private school they were just the better team last night.good luck mustangs represent region 5 well

I believe that you can say that Lipscomb was "the better team" as a result of the score posted at the end of the game, but otherwise it was a classic football game that the Bobcats dominated for the first 3 1/2 quarters. They were well prepared, well coached and well supported.

To the Giles County Fans: My congratulations to Giles County for your wonderful season, the classy way that you support your team, your school and your community, and the future that's in store for your football program with the new staff that has done such an incredible job in their first year. I also want to congratulate you for your posts on this thread - those of you who have ignored the garbage that has nothing to do with the classic football battle that was fought last Friday at Lipscomb - Giles County fans - thanks for the first class manner in which you have handled a very tough end to a great season for your team. Congrats to all of those young men who gave everything they for every minute of that game - Mr. Dunevant showed tremendous courage. Mr. Edgemon - you're the real deal. Congrats to your entire team.

I hope that you feel you were treated well at Lipscomb; that you, despite the loss, came away from the experience knowing that you, as fans, along with your team, gave it everything you had. I hope you appreciated what you saw in the Lipscomb fans - appreciation and support for our team, our school and our kids. We tried to be loud and proud, and hopefully the fans were that 12th man that made a difference for the Mustangs in the 4th quarter.

For those of us who are parents of players involved in various high school programs, it's often enjoyable to come to this Message Board and read a thread about a game or about the school that your sons or daughters attend. It's nice to see the positive things that are said about schools, teams and programs. Unfortunately, it's disturbing to see the lack of class that is often exhibited by people who feel like they need to weigh in but have nothing to do with the schools or the games involved.

My hats off to Giles for your successful season. My encouragement to Lipscomb fans to ignore those who continue to jab and criticize and whine because they've nothing better to do with their time; nothing positive to do with their life.

The Mustangs have one mission over the next 6 days and I know they won't forget it (so their fans shouldn't either) - Prepare and show up in Dyersburg.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you "Horsefly" for your kind remarks. They are sincerely appreciated. As you very well represent - high school athletics as all about, assisting academics, in building a strong foundation for young men and women. Our student/athletics pull from the support and encourage that our schools, community and fans give them. (Unfortunately they pull from the negative when it surfaces, as well.)

The Giles County fans and parents sincererly appreciate the envirnoment and sportsmanship that you provided us last week, as we unfortunately experienced our last game of the season and lives (for our seniors and senior parents). It will be a game remembered for our lifetime, not because of the loss - but, for the quality of the game, the competition, and the atmosphere.

Our 18 seniors, who by the way - had a different head football coach, every year since the sixth grade, had an experience of a life time last Friday night, that I only wish every high school student/athlete could experience. And to our Bobcat coaching staff - many, many heart filled thanks ....... for helping to turn our young boys - into young men over the past 12 months.

As I said before ..... Good luck Mustangs . . . you defeated us at our best! Our entire community of 20,000 people are extremely proud of our performance on your campus last week and of our entire season.