lipscomb vs. giles co

coach5

I apologize to the Lipscomb fans! It was aGREAT game between 2 Great teams.Best luck to Lipscomb!

Apology accepted. This was a great high school game. Giles County completely dominated the first half and probably should have been up considerably more than 7-0 at the break. Mustangs made some good defensive adjustments and the O-line was finally able to make some holes in the second half. Congratulations to the Bobcats on a great season. Hope the Mustangs can hold up the banner for Region 5 for two more weeks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Lipscomb wins.Private over public1 SIMPLE. This is the latest in the long line of public schools having banner seasons only to be destroyed in the play-offs by private schools.I won't go into the history here,(maybe on the public-private threaD LATER ! ) Ihope i'm wrong! Ihope the Bobcats blow them out! But I'm looking at 30 years of history from personal observations.

If anything this game should be a public service announcement for why we don't need a split. Two great teams. Hard play. Good sportsmanship. Mutual respect. The ball bounced Lipscomb's way tonight, but there is no reason Giles couldn't have beaten them. Great game to watch. Giles looked to be on a mission in the first half. Lipscomb in the second.

Oh yeah....well let me give you another perspective. Before you read this ...REMEMBER YOU STARTED IT!!!

Another SENIOR class in public schools was unable to make the semi-finals due to a Private school. Teams like GC in public schools run typically 2-3 yrs at a time with strong talent. GC will not make excuses for itself...they played very well and deserved to WIN. I do not want to take away from their effort or their fans. These comments come from someone not connected to either team and takes the opposing view.

You see..DL never has a "rebuilding" year or a "re-zoning" or a "lack of turn-out" or /and most of all "a lack of talent"...like most PRIVATE schools as DL...you just "re-load" and kill the public schools overall with your uncanny ability to "draw???" students to your outstanding educational establishment with a mere $7,500 annual investment.

I listened to the "Unbiased" DL radio crew tonight...the most sniveling crybaby bunch of complainers..."that spot was horrible"..."that tackle was obviously ....blahhh..blah blah;.... and the DL final drive was similar to Grant's march on Atlanta....local announcers are supposed to be "slanted" but give me a break... you would have thought that "Vanderbilt was about to beat Ohio State for NCB". The DL team played well enough to win and should continue to do well.

When I hear the sideline reporter for DL being so "loyal/obnoxious" and knowing that he sells 600k to 800k homes in my district and even though my district is all right to "earn" a living in but not good enough to send your kids to school....that my friend is the ultimate hypocrisy and the BIGGEST reason why there should be a SPLIT!!!!!

Split now...and let's hope that a typical public school with a strong senior class never has to go through this again. Bulldog over and out!!!!

Oh yeah....well let me give you another perspective. Before you read this ...REMEMBER YOU STARTED IT!!!

Another SENIOR class in public schools was unable to make the semi-finals due to a Private school. Teams like GC in public schools run typically 2-3 yrs at a time with strong talent. GC will not make excuses for itself...they played very well and deserved to WIN. I do not want to take away from their effort or their fans. These comments come from someone not connected to either team and takes the opposing view.

You see..DL never has a "rebuilding" year or a "re-zoning" or a "lack of turn-out" or /and most of all "a lack of talent"...like most PRIVATE schools as DL...you just "re-load" and kill the public schools overall with your uncanny ability to "draw???" students to your outstanding educational establishment with a mere $7,500 annual investment.

I listened to the "Unbiased" DL radio crew tonight...the most sniveling crybaby bunch of complainers..."that spot was horrible"..."that tackle was obviously ....blahhh..blah blah;.... and the DL final drive was similar to Grant's march on Atlanta....local announcers are supposed to be "slanted" but give me a break... you would have thought that "Vanderbilt was about to beat Ohio State for NCB". The DL team played well enough to win and should continue to do well.

When I hear the sideline reporter for DL being so "loyal/obnoxious" and knowing that he sells 600k to 800k homes in my district and even though my district is all right to "earn" a living in but not good enough to send your kids to school....that my friend is the ultimate hypocrisy and the BIGGEST reason why there should be a SPLIT!!!!!

Split now...and let's hope that a typical public school with a strong senior class never has to go through this again. Bulldog over and out!!!!

...Feel better? I know I do. You should stick to inventing things. You had a good at bat that time you invented sarcasm.

Giles County played a very good game tonight. That should be noted instead of this.

I won't feel better until the split....I guess I have said that at least 25 times.

Don't try to slant things away from the POINT!!

Giles deserved better!!! They got beat. It was by a private school and a good football team...which I have never denied.....but when you and your fans get on here and try to "propose" a level playing field...well...that dog won't hunt.

I congratulate a fellow 5-3a school in Giles Co with a great effort!!!!!

Thank you for allowing me the invention of sarcasm...you can claim the invention of football and kilts!

As I said on the other thread it's going to be:

David Lipscomb: 21

Giles County: 14

The Mustangs offense will run the football though the yards won't come in such big chunks against this Giles defense (which is stout). Hunt went 0/2 passing with 2INT's in the first meeting between these two. Giles County's offense will be more efficient with Dunnavant at QB because now they can both throw it as well as run some veer with he and Josh Perez. Then there is Sam Edgmon who's going to post solid numbers against most anyone. As I said earlier though Lipscomb's version of the "4 Horsemen" in Elrod, Holt, Moneypenny, & Davis will win it in the end and their defense is now playing good enough to hold on late at home.

DANG IT FOLKS!!!! Did I call it or what????? :thumb:

As I said on the other thread it's going to be:

David Lipscomb: 21

Giles County: 14

The Mustangs offense will run the football though the yards won't come in such big chunks against this Giles defense (which is stout). Hunt went 0/2 passing with 2INT's in the first meeting between these two. Giles County's offense will be more efficient with Dunnavant at QB because now they can both throw it as well as run some veer with he and Josh Perez. Then there is Sam Edgmon who's going to post solid numbers against most anyone. As I said earlier though Lipscomb's version of the "4 Horsemen" in Elrod, Holt, Moneypenny, & Davis will win it in the end and their defense is now playing good enough to hold on late at home.

DANG IT FOLKS!!!! Did I call it or what????? :lol:

Tonight was a great, great high school football game. The teams were great and the fans were outstanding on both sides. The officials and the coaches mangaged the game well.

High school football does not get any better than tonight at Lipscomb and this is coming from a Giles County fan. More to come later!

We brought our game faces and "super sized" game plan. You guys beat us while we gave one of our best performances. Bring the state championship to our Region!

The Bobcats wish nothing but the best to the Mustangs. Win at ALL! :thumb:

I was not able to make it to the game, because of a previous engagement. By the comments on the board, it must have been a tremendous game. Congratulations to both teams on a great year.

The Giles County coaching staff did a great job in preparing their players and it looks as if they had Lipscomb stopped dead in the first half. They deserve huge kudos for their season and I know that the rivalry between these two teams will continue to grow through the years.

Congrats to Lipscomb. The coaching staff made the neccesary adjustments in the second half to pull out a win.

As far as the controversy between public and private, why dont we leave that discussion until after the season, when emotions are dialed down a notch.

See you all in Dyersburg next week

I was not able to make it to the game, because of a previous engagement. By the comments on the board, it must have been a tremendous game. Congratulations to both teams on a great year.

The Giles County coaching staff did a great job in preparing their players and it looks as if they had Lipscomb stopped dead in the first half. They deserve huge kudos for their season and I know that the rivalry between these two teams will continue to grow through the years.

Congrats to Lipscomb. The coaching staff made the neccesary adjustments in the second half to pull out a win.

As far as the controversy between public and private, why dont we leave that discussion until after the season, when emotions are dialed down a notch.

See you all in Dyersburg next week

Dyersburg fans said last year that Lipscomb supposedly "bought the refs" and that caused them to lose to Sheffield in the opening round of the playoffs in 2005. Now it's time to put up or shut up I'd say :lol:

Good Luck next week David Lipscomb :thumb:

Giles Co. you guys were a tremendous football team this year and last night showed a lot of folks just how good you guys truly were. Those seniors must have had a blast this year after the stuff they went through their first three years in Pulaski. Good Luck to all of those young men in the future.

Way to go both teams. Represent our region, 5-3A, well the rest of the way DL :lol:

Just some thoughts: You must be a very sour person... and its apparent if David Lipscomb wins. I sell houses not only in your district but all Nashville, Wilson, Rutherford, Maury, Sumner Counties. I sell where my clients are and wish to live. I sell $65,000 or less properties if that is who my client is or what the customer wants. My kids did attend Williamson County schools for several years. However, since I was graduate of Lipscomb High and my wife and I were both graduates of Lipscomb College, we wanted the same Christian based education for our kids. Are you Anti-Christian?

On the spot, were you there? Were you there last week against Spring Hill and could see what was going on. The spots were right in front of me. Would you like the opinion of the people working the chains?

It looks like YOUR team should be much better, with a better coach for next season. Marshall County should be a better team next year with a better coach. Spring Hill was much improved with their coach back in the mix. Giles County proved to be a much better team with their new coach. Sometimes its just coaching! But you should know that.

You should feel better as this is my last year with the Lipscomb Radio Broadcast and the Mustangfanpage. You and your buddy CoachHard can rule the threads.

Your negatism and bias will not be missed by me.