Who are the best head coaches in 1A,2A, and 3A,

RedChief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a doubt in my mind, one of the top ones if not the best is Glenn McAdams over at Lipscomb (and i'm a Goodpasture man). but if you ever take the time to look at the talent he has, it's not really that much especially in the trenches. every year however he comes out with his well disciplined boys fired up and ready to play (and usually win) even though in most big games they are easily overtalented by the opposing team.

coach jeff morris at milan. back to back gold balls in 2a and then 3a

mcadams is a great coach, he assisted under the legend john tucker of milan who also has 2 gold balls

This is a biased subject for me, but there are others who would say the same that don't live here. I think Cody Findley from Cheatham County does more with what he has than any coach I have seen in 3A ball, or 2A before that. He doesn't have the local talent the Lipscombs, Pearl Cohns, Goodpastures, or even White House's can draw from, but his teams compete and make the playoffs every year. A lot of coaches have the benefit of drawing from lots of local talent, have much bigger budgets, or better facilities. He puts some hard-nosed teams on the field every year, no matter their talent level. They lost a ton of starters, including 5 players playing small college ball this year, from last year's 9-3 team and still made it to the playoffs.

This is a biased subject for me, but there are others who would say the same that don't live here. I think Cody Findley from Cheatham County does more with what he has than any coach I have seen in 3A ball, or 2A before that. He doesn't have the local talent the Lipscombs, Pearl Cohns, Goodpastures, or even White House's can draw from, but his teams compete and make the playoffs every year. A lot of coaches have the benefit of drawing from lots of local talent, have much bigger budgets, or better facilities. He puts some hard-nosed teams on the field every year, no matter their talent level. They lost a ton of starters, including 5 players playing small college ball this year, from last year's 9-3 team and still made it to the playoffs.

I agree........therefore I would put Collinwood Coach Michael Statoms name in there also. Collinwood has a population of 900. We can only field players who are in Collinwood and we make the play-offs almost every year. Weve had 1 losing season in 10 years. Coach Statom has back to back to back undefeated seasons followed by a 1 loss season. He works very hard to make every thing about Collinwoods football program better. :justwrestle:

I'll second the cody finley vote. I played for him ay Dyer County, and moved to the mid-state two years ago and have seen his teams night in and night out compete with some of the states elite with less talent. While the trophy case isn't exactly full at Cheatham county those kids are learning football and class the right way.