Who are the best head coaches in 1A,2A, and 3A,

RedChief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion who are the best head coaches in each division for 1A,2A, and 3A. Taking into consideration consistency, game planning, orginazational skills, discipline, etc etc.

Coach Tom Adkins from Jo Byrns High School

He has all of the above things that u just mentioned, anybody that plays JBHS knows that they are extremely well disciplined, and always have a good game plan. He has been consistent winning 25 of his last 26 games. As far as organizational skills, if u even move a piece of paper on his desk, he will know. He is a very neat, and always organized.

without a doubt in my mind, one of the top ones if not the best is Glenn McAdams over at Lipscomb (and i'm a Goodpasture man). but if you ever take the time to look at the talent he has, it's not really that much especially in the trenches. every year however he comes out with his well disciplined boys fired up and ready to play (and usually win) even though in most big games they are easily overtalented by the opposing team.

He has all of the above things that u just mentioned, anybody that plays JBHS knows that they are extremely well disciplined, and always have a good game plan. He has been consistent winning 25 of his last 26 games. As far as organizational skills, if u even move a piece of paper on his desk, he will know. He is a very neat, and always organized.

Is Jo Byrns a private or public school?

Is JBHS private or public.

I agree with you Tuck.

Gary Rankin at Alcoa has to be at the top. He really doesn't have any 2A accomplishments yet, but look what he did at Riverdale, and look how Alcoa is still playing right now. I believe he will have another state title at the end of this year.

Rankin coached at Smith County before Riverdale, and I believe he took them deep into the playoffs a few years, and he had a Mr. Football there.

So, he had some 2A feathers in his cap before this year.