Who are the best head coaches in 1A,2A, and 3A,

RedChief

He and the Raiders at East Pauldng advance to the semi finals with 35-28 defeat of Starr's Mill. They are 14-0.

Thanks coachc... but they are 12-1 this year after tonights win. They may play Northside Warner Robbins for the title in two weeks. Northside Warner Robbins is ranked 25th in prep nations poll right behind Maryville.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks coachc... but they are 12-1 this year after tonights win. They may play Northside Warner Robbins for the title in two weeks. Northside Warner Robbins is ranked 25th in prep nations poll right behind Maryville.

Thanks for the correction. I have no idea why my fingers typed that. I attended the Pebblebrook game that they lost.

East Paulding Schedule and Results

Edited by coachcollins

The timing of USJ's bump up to 2a had alot to do with the difficult time they've had. They lost significant talent in the class of 2005, the 2a teams were particularly strong in fall of 2005, they've had a stellar baseball player who didn't want to risk injury by playing football; and mentally, it has been tougher for a school like USJ to have a losing season (they just haven't had one in forever).

But, great coaches are proven in difficult times.

Nothing has been more difficult as it has been for Stewart at JCS. Complete new coaching staff, new offense, having to dismiss a star player, and to make it to the championship game. . .WOW! Way to go Stewart, Powell, Hudson, Keller, and others who have combined their talents and worked so well together.

And today's game just goes to drive this point ... The JCS coaches now have a gold ball under their belt. Got to give them credit for that, because there is no way those boys did it on their own.

• 2 weeks later...

1A

Clint Satterfield

Bob Dillard

2A

Jackie Kelley

Gary Rankin

Jimmy Maynord

David Martin

3A

Glenn McAdams

Mark Pemberton

How do you not include Buck Coatney in the 3A list? Fulton was the State Runner-Up in 2002, State Champion in 2003, 2004, & 2006, and many believed was a miraculous catch (Harrison Smith at Catholic in the 2nd round) away from a possible State run in 2005. The Falcons could have won 5 straight State Championships from 2002-2006 and that's playing in THE toughest region, region 2-3A, in the state without a question (won 5 of the last 6 state championships). Fulton has won 63 games over the past 5 years. Someone tell me how Coatney doesn't make the above list and Mark Pemberton does, who has zero State titles and who the Falcons sent home in the classic 3rd round matchup this season at Catholic and word is, designed a ring a little too soon this year because I saw it. By the way, the Irish can have a region championship ring, if you wish, so at least you won't be too empy handed. McAdams is a good coach, no doubt, and deserves to be among the top with what he's done in 2A and the past two years in 3A. If I sound defensive, well sorry, I just wonder sometimes... :lol:

Edited by Road2Three

How do you not include Buck Coatney in the 3A list? Fulton was the State Runner-Up in 2002, State Champion in 2003, 2004, & 2006, and many believed was a miraculous catch (Harrison Smith at Catholic in the 2nd round) away from a possible State run in 2005. The Falcons could have won 5 straight State Championships from 2002-2006 and that's playing in THE toughest region, region 2-3A, in the state without a question (won 5 of the last 6 state championships). Fulton has won 63 games over the past 5 years. Someone tell me how Coatney doesn't make the above list and Mark Pemberton does, who has zero State titles and who the Falcons sent home in the classic 3rd round matchup this season at Catholic and word is, designed a ring a little too soon this year because I saw it. By the way, the Irish can have a region championship ring, if you wish, so at least you won't be too empy handed. McAdams is a good coach, no doubt, and deserves to be among the top with what he's done in 2A and the past two years in 3A. If I sound defensive, well sorry, I just wonder sometimes... :thumb:

Coatney has the hardware and has done a great job with the Falcons got to be among the best in the state in any class.

Well said road to three about Fulton's coach. Fulton should be down a little next year in the first of the season but they will still be competitive. Coatney will play anyone. He is playing Oak Ridge (5a) first game next year. Morristown East (5a) and Chatt Tyner(2a). Plus the same tough region schedule. 5a's do not even want to play in Knox.

Alcoa would not reschedule---Carter wanted out (wonder why)--No one in Knoxville with an available schedule will give them a 2 game contract.

Most coaches like the 2 above want to pad their wins and look good. A good coach like Coatney will lose a few but will be tougher for it. A 3a vote for Coatney. Nothing wrong with the others listed. We all have favorites.

Well said road to three about Fulton's coach. Fulton should be down a little next year in the first of the season but they will still be competitive. Coatney will play anyone. He is playing Oak Ridge (5a) first game next year. Morristown East (5a) and Chatt Tyner(2a). Plus the same tough region schedule. 5a's do not even want to play in Knox.

Alcoa would not reschedule---Carter wanted out (wonder why)--No one in Knoxville with an available schedule will give them a 2 game contract.

Most coaches like the 2 above want to pad their wins and look good. A good coach like Coatney will lose a few but will be tougher for it. A 3a vote for Coatney. Nothing wrong with the others listed. We all have favorites.

Ill take Maynard up at Smith county, if you can turn Smith and Upperman into winners then thats an accomplishment...i believe he is a Rankineer, I dont think Rankin should count for this topic, one of the best ever in the state, but Riverdale and Alcoa are both talent hotbeds, id like to see him go somewhere that didnt have a stockpile of athletes. Just my thoughts...

Ill take Maynard up at Smith county, if you can turn Smith and Upperman into winners then thats an accomplishment...i believe he is a Rankineer, I dont think Rankin should count for this topic, one of the best ever in the state, but Riverdale and Alcoa are both talent hotbeds, id like to see him go somewhere that didnt have a stockpile of athletes. Just my thoughts...

I heard a few years back Rankin had a chance at DeKalb but they wouldnt pay very good but i dont know if there is any truth to any of that