Who are the best head coaches in 1A,2A, and 3A,

RedChief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion who are the best head coaches in each division for 1A,2A, and 3A. Taking into consideration consistency, game planning, orginazational skills, discipline, etc etc.

well for a first year head coach Brian Stweart did absoultely great in my opinion...... and people should watch out next year cuz will johnson is guna be awesome and we got him for 2 more years

Ill take Maynard up at Smith county, if you can turn Smith and Upperman into winners then thats an accomplishment...i believe he is a Rankineer, I dont think Rankin should count for this topic, one of the best ever in the state, but Riverdale and Alcoa are both talent hotbeds, id like to see him go somewhere that didnt have a stockpile of athletes. Just my thoughts...

Rankin's first coaching job was at Smith County. He took over a program in 1982 that had the longest current losing streak in the state at the time and turned it into a power. Smith County is definitley not a talent hotbed. But I do agree on Maynord. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Coach Tom Adkins from Jo Byrns High School

He has all of the above things that u just mentioned, anybody that plays JBHS knows that they are extremely well disciplined, and always have a good game plan. He has been consistent winning 25 of his last 26 games. As far as organizational skills, if u even move a piece of paper on his desk, he will know. He is a very neat, and always organized.

Ill agree with you here Tuck. I never played for Coach Adkins, but I have played aginst his teams since I was in the 7th grade. They were always coached very well and were excellent sportsmen. I also happen to think that Coach L.C. Nolen (McEwen) should be on here as well call me biased (he was my coach in H.S.)

I agree 100% about Cody Finley :thumb:

Cheatham County has never missed the playoffs since he became the head football coach in 2002. The four years prior to his arrival the Cubs were a combined 7-33 during that span. Since they are 35-21 (5 YEAR PERIOD) and as I said earlier they've never missed the playoffs. In that time the school has also witnessed it's first team ever that hosted and won a home playoff game.

I know I have learned more from Coach Finley in 1 year than I did in 10 years from my old coach. He's a great coach. I can't believe someone hasn't offerered him some $$$ to come coach for them.