Walker Valley head coach

Umpire2829

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mullinax has visited with the administration and has been @ the school but WV is still trying to put an offer together. If he comes back to Tennessee he can only draw 85% of his retirement so that would mean that WV and the Bradley Co. school board would have to come up with an extra 25K to get in the ball park as to what he is making @ Armurchee. Mullinax has his masters degree and 30 years of experience so that equals a salary of approx. 55K in Bradley Co. then you have the retirement (85%) wich would be another 20K. So where is the extra 25K going to come from because with his TN retirement I can assure you he is making 100K @ Armurchee.

If the difference was 10K I would say that the boosters could make that difference up but not 25K that is another level. So, Mullinax stays @ Armurchee and WV hires a young gun that has some striong ties to the Cleveland / Bradley Co. area? Who is this person?

Good information Okie1, but how do you know what Mullinax is making @ Armurchee? Even though Tennessee is home for the Mullinax family if John teaches in Georgia for 5 more years then he can retire from the Georgia system and draw his retirement from Tennessee & Georgia and that is reason enough to stay and retire in Georgia. Go ahead and take Mullinax off of your short list for the job @ Walker Valley.

I think the Bradley Co. board of education should look @ Heath Davis he is a young quality coach that would be a good choice for the Walker Valley job. I believe he is somewhere in North Alabama as a coordinator.

Good information Okie1, but how do you know what Mullinax is making @ Armurchee? Even though Tennessee is home for the Mullinax family if John teaches in Georgia for 5 more years then he can retire from the Georgia system and draw his retirement from Tennessee & Georgia and that is reason enough to stay and retire in Georgia. Go ahead and take Mullinax off of your short list for the job @ Walker Valley.

I think the Bradley Co. board of education should look @ Heath Davis he is a young quality coach that would be a good choice for the Walker Valley job. I believe he is somewhere in North Alabama as a coordinator.

Much to everyone's surprise, Mullinax is the leading candidate for the Walker Valley job. There is too much interest in Walker Valley's football future to not make an equal or adequate offer to get him back to the area. Something to keep in mind is the fact taht Mullinax is traveling back and forth since his wife still lives in Athens.

Nope his wife moved to Ga this year.

Much to everyone's surprise, Mullinax is the leading candidate for the Walker Valley job. There is too much interest in Walker Valley's football future to not make an equal or adequate offer to get him back to the area. Something to keep in mind is the fact taht Mullinax is traveling back and forth since his wife still lives in Athens.

Coach Mullinax has a home in Rome. He is not traveling back and forth and his wife lives in Rome with him.

Heath Davis is a teacher @ NW Whitfield High (Dalton), out of Coaching, He is a good football coach though, don't know if he would get back into it or not.

Yes, Joy does live in Rome and has since 2005 and even more imprtant she is not having to work since John is making so much $$$$. Hey guys believe me on this one he may show some interets becuase he loves the SE Tennessee area but there is know way that Walker valley can get close to what he is making @ Armurchee and Joy is not having to work there and she would most likely have to return to wotk if he takes the job @ WV.

Next subject!!!!

Yes, Joy does live in Rome and has since 2005 and even more imprtant she is not having to work since John is making so much $$$$. Hey guys believe me on this one he may show some interets becuase he loves the SE Tennessee area but there is know way that Walker valley can get close to what he is making @ Armurchee and Joy is not having to work there and she would most likely have to return to wotk if he takes the job @ WV.

Next subject!!!!

and we all know that women control the world regardless of what we, as guys, may or may not believe.

has davis been a head coach before? surely wv wouldn't hire anybody besides a proven head coach that can in fact win. there's too much talent there to waste it on somebody learning how to be a head coach

Ted Lockerby would be a great choice. He is an outstanding coach and has had a good bit of success as the Defensive Coordinator at Tech. This would be the logical choice. If Mullinax is the one, how long will he be there? I really think WV needs a younger coach who will establish that program. WV has great athletes. They just need a system in place, both offensively and defensively. Another person that would be very good for the job is an assistant at a Chattanooga area school. He has been the Defensive Coordinator of the year two years, in one of the toughest regions in the state.

Good luck in the search from the Region 4-4A three time champs.

has davis been a head coach before? surely wv wouldn't hire anybody besides a proven head coach that can in fact win. there's too much talent there to waste it on somebody learning how to be a head coach

Umpire, where is all this talent you keep stating there is at WV. Talent will overcome poor coaching at least part of the time. An 0-10 season that you were outscored 328-108 can't be all coaching.