Sedaricus Bowers...5pts

Casey Prather.....16pts

Johntae Kelly.......1pt

Justin Brandy.......4pts

Stormy Lofton......6pts

Ternelius Shanklin...4pts

Griffin Smith...........2pts

Final: 93-77

A good ballgame with an impressive opening night for the Panthers. Hauns Brereton showed his hard, hard work in the off-season is going to really pay off. Phillip Ryan and Quintin Delaware both played well but the surprise of the night for Bartlett was the play of Steven Albers. Steven , already a good player, showed range from beyond the arc I never knew he had. As a team, Bartlett looked sharp for the most part.

Jackson Northside, despite the final score, played very hard all game. They were down as much as 22 ( I believe) in the 1st half but in the 3rd quarter took advantage on the lack of experiance for some of the Bartlett bench players, playing really hard and closing the gap to 8 points before Bartlett pulled away. Brett Boylan is one heck of a guard. This kid can play some basketball as can Casey Prather( it seemed like he was always, always around the basket to attempt or make a rebound) and Maurice Taylor. JNS has some good kids there and that should make it fun for the Indians the rest of the way

Good game tonight Indians. Best of luck on the rest of the season.

Edited by Pantherbert

I also was pleased with JNS Indians . Tigerbert arent they in double a now? If i heard this tonight was true i heard they got a new coach this week im sorry for ure guys old coach but goodluck the rest of the way , I also think Bartlett will be good in a tough district this yr and u never know about the new team Arlington looks like Bartlett has another rivary , How many seniors does Bartlett have? Senior leadership is back !

I can reply to all of this since i coach at bartlett. Bartlett has 7 Seniors on the team this year, 5 that will get most of the playing time. JNS is AA they have been the last 2 or 3 years I believe. The Frosh that JNS has is going to be pretty good this year and years to come, wish we had him. With our Senior leadership and some Juniors stepping up to play hopefully we'll turn the Bartlett program around to how everybody remembers it. Arlington is in our district this year but will struggle in it's first year. They are a pretty big team just going to lack experience.

We will not be participating in the Centralia Holiday Tourney this year. We will be playing in the Carbondale Holiday Tourney at Southern Ill. University. IF you are going to Centralia this year let me know what the new gym is like. If any coaches are reading this I recommend trying to play in the Centralia tourney atleast once, I promise it's an experience that your Kids will never forget especially if you play the Orphans. Good luck to JNS this year and hopefully with the hard work and believe me we need a lot of it, Bartlett will be back on the map again for basketball

I can reply to all of this since i coach at bartlett. Bartlett has 7 Seniors on the team this year, 5 that will get most of the playing time. JNS is AA they have been the last 2 or 3 years I believe. The Frosh that JNS has is going to be pretty good this year and years to come, wish we had him. With our Senior leadership and some Juniors stepping up to play hopefully we'll turn the Bartlett program around to how everybody remembers it. Arlington is in our district this year but will struggle in it's first year. They are a pretty big team just going to lack experience.

We will not be participating in the Centralia Holiday Tourney this year. We will be playing in the Carbondale Holiday Tourney at Southern Ill. University. IF you are going to Centralia this year let me know what the new gym is like. If any coaches are reading this I recommend trying to play in the Centralia tourney atleast once, I promise it's an experience that your Kids will never forget especially if you play the Orphans. Good luck to JNS this year and hopefully with the hard work and believe me we need a lot of it, Bartlett will be back on the map again for basketball

If there is time while we are up there I might make my way over to Centralia just to check the new gym out.

We will be playing in the Carbondale Holiday Tourney at Southern Ill. University. IF you are going to Centralia this year let me know what the new gym is like. If any coaches are reading this I recommend trying to play in the Centralia tourney atleast once, I promise it's an experience that your Kids will never forget especially if you play the Orphans.

Don't forget the 'Lil Orphan Annies!

My son played in that tourny a couple of years ago and still talks of it. Dyer County will also be at Carbondale this year. I hope to catch a Panther game there. We are hearing great things about your program up here. I went to Raleigh-Egypt '76-'79 when we were still in the county. Bartlett was our most hated rival. Funny, now I don't remember why. Anyway, best of luck to the Panthers this year and I hope we meet you late (real late) in the season.