Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

players' coaches usually equals trouble in the long run. Ask the head man at UT. The wrong kind of kids will take advantage of it and lose respect. All kids deep down want discpline. To me the real definition of a players' coach is one that does the right thing when the wrong thing is easier. Example- treating the same offense with the same consquence regardless of depth chart position. This gains respect in the long haul of a program.

I think you all are getting the wrong idea of my opinion of a players coach. Sure there are many coaches like that. What I meant was a coach that all the kids like and can talk to in the hallways. I don't mean one that lets them run all over him. I guess I have to admit it would be a hard thing to distinquish the two. I do know of both kinds. I also agree that kids want discipline, but you can be a players coach and have discipline. Although it takes a very mature coach to do the right way.

I believe you don't play for a coach. You play for the LOVE of the game. And that's the bottom line!

How many of you are going to quit your job because you don't like your boss/supervisor/manager/etc.? Dancing Bear is right, any high athlete that QUITS and says its because they don't like the coach does not respect the GAME and has no business being on the field or sideline!

Once again many players want to play, but will not play for a guy that is a jerk. Some folks are being as hard headed as the folks that want to keep Greeneville in 4A.

In Greeneville, there were a lot of players that didn't play because other players were jerks. The problem was the Coach was a nice guy who didn't take care of the attitudes. Just the opposite from your position. They decided to keep the superstar with the bad attitude and alienated a lot of good athletes that could have contributed.

In Greeneville, there were a lot of players that didn't play because other players were jerks. The problem was the Coach was a nice guy who didn't take care of the attitudes. Just the opposite from your position. They decided to keep the superstar with the bad attitude and alienated a lot of good athletes that could have contributed.

I agree players will get on the field if they love the game no matter what.

but not all althetes have played or like football so if they thought about trying football they would probably be alienated by the a coach that isnt managing correctly or that doesnt discipline.