Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

What I'd like to read from some of you who have the knowledge is how the teams stack up against each other. What kind of offense does MoWest run and how has Maryville done against that kind of offense this year, and vice versa? (I know, Maryville has pretty much blown out everyone but Alcoa and Brainerd, but still ...).

How do the teams' secondaries match up against the receivers?

I've seen it written that MoWest is one-dimensional. True, false, why?

I haven't read that anyone at Maryville is hurt, how about MoWest?

Can anyone address these kinds of questions?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to read from some of you who have the knowledge is how the teams stack up against each other. What kind of offense does MoWest run and how has Maryville done against that kind of offense this year, and vice versa? (I know, Maryville has pretty much blown out everyone but Alcoa and Brainerd, but still ...).

How do the teams' secondaries match up against the receivers?

I've seen it written that MoWest is one-dimensional. True, false, why?

I haven't read that anyone at Maryville is hurt, how about MoWest?

Can anyone address these kinds of questions?

I will try DCM....

MoWest primarily runs in the I-formation (not sure how Maryville has defended that this year...i will leave that to someone esle)

MoWest defense has played well this year (only allowed 13 pts in 1'st 3 playoff games), but I don't think they have had to defend the passing attack they will see against Maryville. (however, Knox West has a good passing attack, and as my friend FBEmeritus mentioned earlier, West had 2 INT's, so who knows)

West is primarily a running team, but they have better capability to pass this year than in past years. (So far, they haven't HAD to pass much, but when they have it has been successful)

As far as i know, West is healthy

Edited by troho

I have made jokes in previous posts, but pls understand that is aimed at conceited and/or ignorant Maryville fans that have posted b4 me).

:D:D Pot....meet kettle. You have already been proven a conceited idiot yet you want to reference others as such....funny.

Maybe you should come up with some facts before you start attempting to police a thread with your ignorance..... :lol:

I have made jokes in previous posts, but pls understand that is aimed at conceited and/or ignorant Maryville fans that have posted b4 me).

:D:D Pot....meet kettle. You have already been proven a conceited idiot yet you want to reference others as such....funny.

Maybe you should come up with some facts before you start attempting to police a thread with your ignorance..... :lol:

I rest my case :lol:

You should rest it. You have pretty well embarrassed the good folks and players of Mo West with your less than factual responses. Keep it up though.......I have really enjoyed laughing at your ignorance.

Before you accuse me of "less than factual" responses....please back it up

Also, I never singled ANYBODY out as 'ignorant', i only spoke in general terms (and if i offended anybody, i apologize)...and i certianly have not called anyone an 'idiot'....you however, are singling out....i understand you are probably just a teenager, based on how you reply, so I will ignore this meanless attack based on that

Edited by troho

Before you accuse me of "less than factual" responses....please back it up

Also, I never singled ANYBODY out as 'ignorant', i only spoke in general terms....and if i offended anybody, i apologize....you however, are singling out....i understand you are probably just a teenager, based on how you reply, so I will ignore this meanless attack based on that

Attack..attack?.... B) You have basically attacked a group or an individual in everyone of your posts yet you think I attacked you?..... :lol: Good lord are you a sad pathetic one.

I loved your post on city population that you promptly deleted....whining already aren't you?

I assumed you were a teenager based on your inaccurate posting behaviors and silly attacks.

Then you reference Maryville fans as ignorant and conceited....another attack. FBE proved you to be a liar....funny...just funny.

You also responded in this fashion...If they ever lose him, I think Maryville will be joining the other fish in the small pond...lol

I reminded you that Maryville had won states before GQ just to reference that your statement about Maryville's demise would not necessarily be guaranteed. You reply with some ignorant smart arse comment about keeping the Maryville conceited and ignorant straight.

My comments are to how stupid you look braggin about keeping the facts straight when you are the one wrong.....seriously....how dumb are you?.... :lol:

Do yourself and the great fans and players of MO West a favor and stop embarrassing them....OK?

Edited by MLREB

I attribute Maryville's success to their fine head coach. He is a great instructor of the game, and his players respond well to him. If they ever lose him, I think Maryville will be joining the other fish in the small pond...lol

THAT IS THE MOST INSIGHTFUL AND SO VERY TRUE THING I HAVE READ ON HERE ALL WEEK.

GOOD GAME LAST NIGHT MO TOWN WEST AND ALL YOU OTHER WINNERS.

Attack..attack?.... :rolleyes: You have basically attacked a group or an individual in everyone of your posts yet you think I attacked you?..... :thumb: Good lord are you a sad pathetic one.

I loved your post on city population that you promptly deleted....whining already aren't you?

I assumed you were a teenager based on your inaccurate posting behaviors and silly attacks.

Then you reference Maryville fans as ignorant and conceited....another attack. FBE proved you to be a liar....funny...just funny.

Do yourself and the great fans and players of MO West a favor and stop embarrassing them....OK?

Nice MLReb, I will have to say this is your defense as a region 3 fan and fan of Halls High, I love to see our region play well but I am sick of Marvulle and what they have done to 4a football, but I will agree that there not cocky nor conceited and if they are they have a right to! Because there that DARN good! I rest my case! :lol:

Morristown West beat Maryville twice the past 5 years, not 10 (if you want folks to believe you are a sports analyst, you might want to get your facts straight). And both times, Maryville fans had to come up with some excuse why they lost, rather than just accept they got beat. In 2001, they said it was because of the 9/11 distraction, as if Morristown West is less patriotic somehow. And now I hear they lost the semi in 2003 because THEY played their worse game? I guess that kind of mentality comes with winning so many games. Anyway, best of luck to both teams...it is a great accomplishment to make it this far.

I don't know who said what but I know this much. When we lost in 2001, it was because we went against a good Mo.W team and lost. Now, you can bring 9/11 up, you can bring up the fact that we just ran out of time at the end, you can make whatever excuse you want but the truth is that it wasnt Maryvilles night and we lost. In 2003, MoW did not beat us, we beat ourselves, when you have as many fubmles, badly exicuted plays, and INTs (including one in OT), you are asking to get beat. Maryville did everything they could to lose the game and they did. BUT still that doesnt matter anymore. New game, new year, new players. MoW is a talented team. They have players who can make things happen on the field. I believe it will be a great game first half. I hope the Rebs win big, but I congratulate both programs on another great year. The 2003 loss hurt me the most just because it was my senior year at maryville but when someone asks me 10-15 yrs from now what my greatest football accomplishment was I can say 3 state championships but if you ask MoW players the same they'll tell you beating Maryville 2 times. Anyways....I hope both teams leave it all out on the field and I hope to see a great game

Nice MLReb, I will have to say this is your defense as a region 3 fan and fan of Halls High, I love to see our region play well but I am sick of Marvulle and what they have done to 4a football, but I will agree that there not cocky nor conceited and if they are they have a right to! Because there that DARN good! I rest my case! :rolleyes:

Provol, I was not saying the PLAYERS or COACHES were conceited, because I don't think they are...no team could be so successful if they were, and I am sure coach GQ makes sure they don't become that way...i was using that term to describe some (NOT ALL) of the fans...based on the first few posts I saw in this thread. As far as region 3 goes, I was just defending region 2...I don't see how anybody can say one is better than the other (i am referring to the individual that said its not hard to go 13-0 in region 2)...if you look at the overall records of both regions, they look rather equal