Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take a quick look at the schedule and strength rankings, it blows what you just said right out of the water.....

MoWest schedule rank - 31, Maryville schedule rank - 51

Mowest strength rank - 1, Maryville strenth rank - 2

You say region 3 is alot tougher than region 2? I saw two teams playing in the quarterfinals from region 2 last night (Mowest and MoEast), and only one from region 3 (Maryville). Also, MoWest played a tough out-of-conference schedule, with teams like Swain Co, NC (a powerhouse in NC) and your #2 seed Knox West.

I suggest doing a little homework before you diss region 2 and harp on region 3

Not so fast my friend! You have to be kidding me if you think Region 2 is better than THE Region 3 there is no way. Region 1 plays teams like Volunteer, so on and so fourth just terrible teams. They always make it to the semi finals cause they play no one in there Region play. Marvulle play 28.

well everyone is callin it a reality check. well heres some reality. maryville has only put mowest out one time since mowest put them out. trojan fans and players, dont listen to the post of the maryville fans. they are confident in their team. we are also confident in ours. and also remember, fbemiritus is no sports anylist (spell?) he is juss telling what he feels. dont put ur money on it, he is not getting paid for his posts, or any other maryville fans for that matter. keep your confidence. we will come to play friday.

Welcome to the board.

Wrong I an Analyst. I've been Analyzing Football at all levels for years. I won't say how many because I would date myself.

Nothing wrong with fans propping up their team, it is healthy and the natural thing to do and hope for. It is true More west beat Maryville twice the past ten years but I think the over-all record is like 8-2. That means Maryville has beat Morristown West too. And by greater margins. That means by more points. The last time MW put Maryville out of the semi’s there were multiple factors involved not even played out on the field. On the field Maryville played the worst game in years and still MW only managed to squeak by a Field goal only to get pounded in the state game the following week. That is past and MW won the game, end of story.

This year Maryville will soundly beat MW en route to the State Championship Game to defend their crown.

Welcome to the board.

Wrong I an Analyst. I've been Analyzing Football at all levels for years. I won't say how many because I would date myself.

Nothing wrong with fans propping up their team, it is healthy and the natural thing to do and hope for. It is true More west beat Maryville twice the past ten years but I think the over-all record is like 8-2. That means Maryville has beat Morristown West too. And by greater margins. That means by more points. The last time MW put Maryville out of the semi’s there were multiple factors involved not even played out on the field. On the field Maryville played the worst game in years and still MW only managed to squeak by a Field goal only to get pounded in the state game the following week. That is past and MW won the game, end of story.

This year Maryville will soundly beat MW en route to the State Championship Game to defend their crown.

amen...i love how everyone keeps saying the past doesnt affect this game but then comes back to say how mo-west actually beat us in 2001 and 2003...i mean honestly, maryville isnt perfect we have lost games before, please excuse us for it..but just like good fellow FBEmeritus said, we are 8-2 with mo-west, and when we win, its the real thing, not just a squeaking by...these senior boys remember exactly what it felt like their freshmen year to lose to mo-west, and it wont happen again...

Not so fast my friend! You have to be kidding me if you think Region 2 is better than THE Region 3 there is no way. Region 1 plays teams like Volunteer, so on and so fourth just terrible teams. They always make it to the semi finals cause they play no one in there Region play. Marvulle play 28.

LOL!!! and you call region 3 teams like South Doyle (3-7), Clinton (2-8), and Lenoir City (1-9) good teams???? I think not my friend....all regions have their weak teams, including yours

Edited by troho

Welcome to the board.

Morristown West beat Maryville twice the past 5 years, not 10 (if you want folks to believe you are a sports analyst, you might want to get your facts straight). And both times, Maryville fans had to come up with some excuse why they lost, rather than just accept they got beat. In 2001, they said it was because of the 9/11 distraction, as if Morristown West is less patriotic somehow. And now I hear they lost the semi in 2003 because THEY played their worse game? I guess that kind of mentality comes with winning so many games. Anyway, best of luck to both teams...it is a great accomplishment to make it this far.

Edited by troho

Welcome to the board.

Nothing wrong with fans propping up their team, it is healthy and the natural thing to do and hope for... The last time MW put Maryville out of the semi’s there were multiple factors involved not even played out on the field. On the field Maryville played the worst game in years and still MW only managed to squeak by a Field goal only to get pounded in the state game the following week. That is past and MW won the game, end of story...

But is seems we have to hear the same excuses and story year after year about 2003. Why is that? With the number of championships Maryville has won, I'd think you'd be happy with that. I understand the desire for your team to win a championship and lose in a semi-final game is not fun (we know).

I would think the fans of Maryville would be a little more supportive of the quality program they have - win or lose. To quote FBE from multiple posts over the years "...they're kids..." and in the end, like the hokey pokey, that's what it's all about.