Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP doesn't look past anyone. That's why they are 13-0, focused and unselfish. The Cougars have been here before (3 balls and 6 appearances). All games at this level are tough and I cant see why this would be any different. I'm planning on going and I heard the stadium and the fans provide one of the best atomspheres for HS football. Looking forward to it.

The atmosphere is great here. It's an old stadium situated in the middle of town with a lot of history. GP fans and players will not be disappointed in the field or the new concession stand and locker room.

Need an injury update on Jake Anderson from any Milan fans who may know.

I think you will see more than just the town coming out for this one. I think their are alot of people who were not ready for their season to be over and wanting to see another game, especially wanting to see MILAN win over GP. I may try to see if I can make it all the way from Franklin myself but who knows.

Mistakes are the one thing that has determined the win in each of these last two weeks worth of games. Camden vs CPA was a field full of mistakes "missed oppurtunities" They were really not playing anywhere close to the same defense that has been on the field all year. Missed tackles everywhere Shoestring grabs I hate to say but they did not play anywhere near the level they did during the season.

Don't get me wrong CPA won but mistakes are what costs a game and the team with the most mistakes loses Camden made alot of mistakes and turn overs-CPA won.. CPA made alot of mistakes and turnovers-Goodpasture won. Milan will not be making mistakes like that. Everyone knows Milan is also 13-0 just because TSSAA took away those wins does not mean those boys did not earn them to start with I gaurantee if Goodpasture goes in there thinking the are playing a 8-5 team that made it in they will be corrected very quickly.

I am rooting for MILAN no mistakes guys. take it to the boro.

wow.... i can't believe the amount of people that have nothing to do with either team that are already jumping the milan wagon. i guess people just can't stand a great thing. but if your looking to jump a band wagon thats gonna win, you might want to reconsider you choosing. i don't like to say that things are certain, but let's be real here. milan has played one team that anyone would say could play with goodpasture this year (Crockett Co.) the score of that game being 42-14 in favor of Crockett. i enjoy, as a Goodpasture fan, when everyone goes against us because we know then that we're doing something right. honestly our boys could care less if every soul on this planet picked them to lose because in the end it's nothing but a bunch of peoples predictions and it means nothing to the kids on the field. mike tyson said it best, "Everyone has a plan when they step in the ring, and then i hit them in the mouth." and that is exactly what the west tennessee boys our gonna see this upcoming friday. i hope for a fun game to watch, like last night, but i just can't imagine that happening. not ready to make a prediction yet, but i think everyone knows who i think will win.

Goinginsane, are they mistakes or is the other team putting the pressure on so that you make errors? If a defense is swarming the QB who then throws an interception, or a receiver is tackled and stripped of the ball ---are those mistakes or good defense? CPA forced turnovers against Camden and Goodpasture forced turnovers against CPA. I say just good defense.

wow.... i can't believe the amount of people that have nothing to do with either team that are already jumping the milan wagon. i guess people just can't stand a great thing. but if your looking to jump a band wagon thats gonna win, you might want to reconsider you choosing. i don't like to say that things are certain, but let's be real here. milan has played one team that anyone would say could play with goodpasture this year (Crockett Co.) the score of that game being 42-14 in favor of Crockett. i enjoy, as a Goodpasture fan, when everyone goes against us because we know then that we're doing something right. honestly our boys could care less if every soul on this planet picked them to lose because in the end it's nothing but a bunch of peoples predictions and it means nothing to the kids on the field. mike tyson said it best, "Everyone has a plan when they step in the ring, and then i hit them in the mouth." and that is exactly what the west tennessee boys our gonna see this upcoming friday. i hope for a fun game to watch, like last night, but i just can't imagine that happening. not ready to make a prediction yet, but i think everyone knows who i think will win.

I don't think it's people jumping on a bandwagon, but rather fellow West Tn. competitors are getting behind the last West TN. 2A football team still playing and showing their support.

GP are the favorites and most football people know that. GP went to the Boro' last year and brought many players back this year. However, like Bulldawg Dynasty said, Milan players and coaches expect to win this game. They can't and won't be intimidated like some of your earlier playoff opponents may have been.

Down here in the country in west tennessee it is called respect for your opponents doing well and supporting your neighbors. Yall might take a lesson. but then most of yall probable aint neighbors. sorry, just had to say that.

A few points...

First, Goodpasture will not be intimidated by the atmosphere at Johnnie Hale Stadium. They play in big games every year, the Lipscomb game immediately coming to mind. Like Milan, they have big-game experience and they certainly won't be shaken by what's sure to be a rowdy stadium. Milan will get a boost from playing at home...Goodpasture just will not be intimidated by it.

Second, this ought to be a fairly low-scoring game. Milan's defense is too good, as is Goodpasture's. Additionally, as both teams like to run it quite a bit, that keeps the clock moving. I'm thinking 3 TD's max for either team. Should be very similar to the Huntingdon-Goodpasture semifinal game from last season, in fact.

Third, Milan is not the same Milan that got drilled by Crockett County. Week 1 cannot be compared with Week 14.

I don't think it's people jumping on a bandwagon, but rather fellow West Tn. competitors are getting behind the last West TN. 2A football team still playing and showing their support.

GP are the favorites and most football people know that. GP went to the Boro' last year and brought many players back this year. However, like Bulldawg Dynasty said, Milan players and coaches expect to win this game. They can't and won't be intimidated like some of your earlier playoff opponents may have been.

Glad you said it because I was thinking the same thing. The mindset of the big city doesn't understand what is happening with all the post leaning for Milan. It is just a West TN thing that happens every year. It doesn't give us an advantage on the field but you can bet your sweet rear we will have an advantage in the crowd no matter how many GP make the trip. Better get there early, seats will fill quick!!!!

To borrow a phrase from a friend a few years ago - I BELIEVE