Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the last time Milan played someone outside West Tennessee was Portland. As far as a big game... "I think everyone remembers the "Milan doesn't have a snowballs chance." Portland supposedly had a whole team of All-American's. I remember being in 8th grade and going to the bathroom at Vanderbilt stadium and Portland people were laughing at the Milan jacket I had on. You remember how that game turned out....

I think the last time Milan played someone outside West Tennessee was Portland. As far as a big game... "I think everyone remembers the "Milan doesn't have a snowballs chance." Portland supposedly had a whole team of All-American's. I remember being in 8th grade and going to the bathroom at Vanderbilt stadium and Portland people were laughing at the Milan jacket I had on. You remember how that game turned out....

Don't know why Portland would laugh at anyone - but there's no accounting for bad manners! No, I don't know how that one turned out - hope it was good for you.

Edited by soccerdad

People are forgetting the history between these two teams ..... They met in the second round of the playoffs in 1993 and 1994 ... with Milan shutting out GP 34-0, and 28-0 respectively both games were played at Milan ..... I was there I actually played three plays in the second half for GP before getting a concussion.

Have not seen Milan this year, but have coached against GP and seen them play last week against CPA ...... This game should be a dandy

"our fastest player, and he's the fastest player i have seen all year (chased down Golden Tate) is benjamin cunningham #24 for us. i would say that he runs a mid 4.4 and he is by far our fastest player and probably close to tops in state (fastest i have ever seen at goodpasture, yes faster than marcus buggs or maurice haynes) - give me a little respect please by checking out the numbers at the link and then realize why a 4.5 is fast"

After seeing this quote and playing with Maurice ... I dont believe this to be accurate, I have seen this kid play and while he might run a faster 40 than Maurice, but his in-game speed is not a fast as Haynes or Buggs ........ Cunningham is a terrific talent and good player .... but the quote above is inaccurate ....

Good Luck to both teams ..... I will be in Carthage watching Smith County and Alcoa

goodpasture's fan base is so horrible because nobody outside the football team supports the football team.... but we may have a record number of fans at an away game friday............ climbing to nearly one hundred cougar fans :thumb:

This isn't true. I don't have one particular person on the team I support. I support the team because I am a cougar parent and alumni. I see a lot of my kind at the games.

to fellow goodpasture fans, the tennessean polls came out today for top ten teams in the larger mid-state area (large enough for henry co. to crack the list). i was shocked to see that in a victory we moved down from third to fifth still behind BA, and Riverdale (who lost), and now also Smyrna, and Hillsboro. the quote was something to the tune of, offense struggles but solid defense does it's job in victory over solid CPA team.

Questions:

1) How do you drop two spots in a poll beating a top ten team (CPA was ranked ten going in) for the second time in a year by double digits both times? (if this happened, hypethitically, in the BCS, this would be the biggest outrage of the year by far, #3 beating #10 by double digits and dropping to #5)

2) I know that people expect 500 yards a night out of our offense, but how is 350+ considered struggling against a top ten team?

3) If we can't get love from our own people in middle tennessee, is there anyone we can get it from?

I know this has nothing to do with the thread or milan, and for that i apologize, but i was looking for some goodpasture supporters that could maybe answer my questions

to fellow goodpasture fans, the tennessean polls came out today for top ten teams in the larger mid-state area (large enough for henry co. to crack the list). i was shocked to see that in a victory we moved down from third to fifth still behind BA, and Riverdale (who lost), and now also Smyrna, and Hillsboro. the quote was something to the tune of, offense struggles but solid defense does it's job in victory over solid CPA team.

Questions:

1) How do you drop two spots in a poll beating a top ten team (CPA was ranked ten going in) for the second time in a year by double digits both times? (if this happened, hypethitically, in the BCS, this would be the biggest outrage of the year by far, #3 beating #10 by double digits and dropping to #5)

2) I know that people expect 500 yards a night out of our offense, but how is 350+ considered struggling against a top ten team?

3) If we can't get love from our own people in middle tennessee, is there anyone we can get it from?

I know this has nothing to do with the thread or milan, and for that i apologize, but i was looking for some goodpasture supporters that could maybe answer my questions

You know when you have a record like ours that they will find fault with every little thing even if you win the game. Our team just needs to use this as fuel to the fire. THEY DESERVE RESPECT. :thumb:

You know when you have a record like ours that they will find fault with every little thing even if you win the game. Our team just needs to use this as fuel to the fire. THEY DESERVE RESPECT. ;)

u got that right i can tell ya that much any team can have bad nights and 350 is not really considered a bad night to me u scored what 28 points and gave up seven thats more than enough to win and that is what counts these polls are nver right anyway

Being from the west I would love to see Milan win this game, but I think Goodpasture just has the team this year. I know Milan is good, but this is Goodpasture's year. I do think that however wins this game will upset a certian 2A powerhouse in the championship.

Goodpastures year?? Thats what every one said about crockett.. stuff happens

Crockett fan :rolleyes:

Maybe it was your brain that was slow, and not the GP offense and defense.

After watching Alcoa and Maryville play football for many years, I'd say I've got a very good eye for Championship level football.

Blount County........Thats 16 state football championships!

8 championships since `2000.........AND 2 of Alcoa's Championships went thru Goodpasture! (2000,2005)

-BlountCountySportsFan