Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

And what, pray tell, does, does last years game have to do with this year's game - unless all of your seniors failed to graduate and are still on the team. Is that a possibility??

:thumb: Too funny!!! We only lost 7 seniors last year. How many did you pick up through recruiting???

GO MILAN!!!

Edited by tornadogold

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect to see an unusual player on defense friday who is a big time play maker on offense for the dogs.. :huh:

Good! unusual makes it all the more interesting! Teams need to try new stuff all the time - keeps them and their opponents on their toes. Makes them wonder why they didn't see it in the films - HUH???, Where'd that come from??? :lol:

I'm sure for both great teams (Milan & Goodpasture) it will be a new experience (cuz no year or opponent is ever the same) and one to tell the kids about someday! :thumb:

Edited by soccerdad

:D Too funny!!! We only lost 7 seniors last year. How many did you pick up through recruiting???

GO MILAN!!!

My point was to bring attention to the fact that too many hardcore fans on this thread, and most others, like to throw around championships, and we beat your team last year and in 1993, or we have more fans in the seats, or a stadium with MOJO, or more rabid fans, or more neighborly fans - when most of that just really doensn't matter on the field. Sure teams tend to trend in and out of getting better or worse, but for the most part "history" prior to this year just doesn't matter.

Whether Milan has beaten GP last year, or in 1983, or the 55-13 loss last year has no bearing on this year's game because all of the teams are different. GP is a better more mature team because it was a younger team last year.

Don't get me wrong, I understand team spirit, but some of these posts are just silly.

No one gets to this point by accident. No one gets to 13-0, or 12-1, or 11-2 by accident. Good teams get to this point, and I'm sure the next 3 games are all going to be good ones.

GO SMITH COUNTY!!!!!

Edited by oknative

My point was to bring attention to the fact that too many hardcore fans on this thread, and most others, like to throw around championships, and we beat your team last year and in 1993, or we have more fans in the seats, or a stadium with MOJO, or more rabid fans, or more neighborly fans - when most of that just really doensn't matter on the field. Sure teams tend to trend in and out of getting better or worse, but for the most part "history" prior to this year just doesn't matter.

Whether Milan has beaten GP last year, or in 1983, or the 55-13 loss last year has no bearing on this year's game because all of the teams are different. GP is a better more mature team because it was a younger team last year.

Don't get me wrong, I understand team spirit, but some of these posts are just silly.

No one gets to this point by accident. No one gets to 13-0, or 12-1, or 11-2 by accident. Good teams get to this point, and I'm sure the next 3 games are all going to be good ones.

GO SMITH COUNTY!!!!!

Good post up until that last line!!! :D

I agree with you: it's ridiculous the way people talk about last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago. Each year is different. The kids get bigger and stronger as they grow. Different year, different team.

But, you didn't answer my question: Is this pretty much the same Goodpasture players, or have a significant number of new kids come in?

Edited by tornadogold

:D Too funny!!! We only lost 7 seniors last year. How many did you pick up through recruiting???

GO MILAN!!!

27, they are all 9 foot tall, weigh 400 lbs, run 3.1 40's, take steroids, eat off of silver spoons, live in mansions, and have people drive them around in their acura suvs.

how about none, we're just coming out with the same team and hoping they can do the job next two weeks, good luck to all four teams the next two weeks. public, private, or open-zoned. when it boils down to it, highschool kids are out there playing for pride and just hoping to get the job done. lets try from today on to be classy enough just to pull for them, their safety, and they play to the best of their ability. because to so many of them it will be the last time they ever put on their pads!

i tihnk that Milan WILL pull it off. The hardest opponent that GP has played all year has been CPA and for GP thats not much of a challenge. So....................................................GO DOGS

did you forget about lipscomb, a team that in overall polls from the entire state rank way higher than anyone else we've played and we beat them as well. beat GOLDEN TATE (i know a lot of teams did this year, but that kid is ridiculous). and beat a better than milan (according to rankings) CPA team twice both time by double digits. i'm not saying anything else other than our opponents (and good friends if not on the playing field) are worthy of playing us and do present a challenge to us so i am taking up for them.

and Tornadogold. i love you as well, please find more alcoa fans like yourself and get them on here to talk about this year!!!!!!!!!