Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After comparing schedules, it looks like Goodpasture hasn't had a challenge...yet, whereas Milan has had a couple of really close games. My guess (and that's all it is) is that those Milan boys have to be tired, and I'm afraid their number will be up this Friday. If they can keep it really close, there's no telling how Goodpasture will react. Will they get frustrated and start messing up, or will they stay calm and pull it out? We'll know in 3 days.

Oh, and duece253: I'm sharin' the love wi cha, baby. Hopefully we'll talk again this time next week, talking 'bout the 'ship!!! :thumb:

Good post up until that last line!!! :thumb:

I agree with you: it's ridiculous the way people talk about last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago. Each year is different. The kids get bigger and stronger as they grow. Different year, different team.

But, you didn't answer my question: Is this pretty much the same Goodpasture players, or have a significant number of new kids come in?

I was just playing off of your comment. :lol:

Being "tornadogold" doesn't make it too hard to figure out where you're from, yet you said GO MILAN!!! after your post to me. So I figure I'd return the favor by saying "GO SMITH COUNTY" to you. All in playful fun.

My son is a "new kid" to the team, but that's because we moved to Nashville from another part of the state. I'm not aware of any players that were "recruited".

I was just playing off of your comment. :thumb:

Being "tornadogold" doesn't make it too hard to figure out where you're from, yet you said GO MILAN!!! after your post to me. So I figure I'd return the favor by saying "GO SMITH COUNTY" to you. All in playful fun.

My son is a "new kid" to the team, but that's because we moved to Nashville from another part of the state. I'm not aware of any players that were "recruited".

As far as I know, there is no recruiting going on. That is why GP is still in the division they are in. Can you imagine what a scandal it would be for a "Christian" school to be lying about recruiting to the TSSAA. I truly don't think that GP's administration would risk having such a controversy. If they decided to recruit, I'm sure they would own up to it and move to DII. Just my thoughts. :lol:

All schools (public and private) recruit ..... Have you not seen the big sign that faces I-65 .... that is recruiting ... now before you get all mad and angry I went to GP, and no I dont think any of the coaches or previous coaches went out in the city looking for kids or anything like that. But you cant say you dont recruit students, and some of those students are athletes ....... Now back the issue at hand .... will the fact that GP has lost to Milan twice ( 12 and 13 years ago) have affect on this game .. nope ... but the one thing everyone is forgetting is the travel ... I know is just 30 minutes north of jackson ... but with thanksgiving and everything not a confomtable 3 hour bus trip... trust me my senior year we went to Huntingdon for the semis ....and eaked out a 14-6 win ...... now all that being said ....

I think Milan takes this one

Milan 20

GP 17

All schools (public and private) recruit ..... Have you not seen the big sign that faces I-65 .... that is recruiting ... now before you get all mad and angry I went to GP, and no I dont think any of the coaches or previous coaches went out in the city looking for kids or anything like that. But you cant say you dont recruit students, and some of those students are athletes ....... Now back the issue at hand .... will the fact that GP has lost to Milan twice ( 12 and 13 years ago) have affect on this game .. nope ... but the one thing everyone is forgetting is the travel ... I know is just 30 minutes north of jackson ... but with thanksgiving and everything not a confomtable 3 hour bus trip... trust me my senior year we went to Huntingdon for the semis ....and eaked out a 14-6 win ...... now all that being said ....

Milan 20

GP 17

Now VeerCoach, you know what I was referring to when I said recruiting especially, on this board. I truly don't think that GP actively goes out recruiting people just because they are good at sports. Yes, they do recruit for the student body but, they are not "recruiting" for athletes. They DO NOT offer free tuition just because someone is good at a sport...like DII schools.

I disagree with your assessment of the game...COUGARS take this one. :thumb:

Milan 20

GP 17

Now you're playing with words. Adversting? Recruiting? There's quite a difference betwen the two. The previous implication was that GP coaches were out "recruiting" and bringing in football players from other schools. To say the implication was otherwise is naive. Just ask USJ in Jackson what happens when they pay for a student, or forget to collect the tuition, from a student. That's recruiting and its not going on at GP.

Travel could definitely be a factor. But the bigger question is can Milan stop the run. GP has 2 backs over 500 yards and 3 others over 400 yards, and a stable full of others. 3,852 yards rushing - through the Lewis County game with an average of 8.3 yards per rush.

Milan will have to win this one on rushing defense. CPA came the closest to doing that and still lost by 13.

It should be a good game.

Edited by oknative

Now you're playing with words. Adversting? Recruiting? There's quite a difference betwen the two. The previous implication was that GP coaches were out "recruiting" and bringing in football players from other schools. To say the implication was otherwise is naive. Just ask USJ in Jackson what happens when they pay for a student, or forget to collect the tuition, from a student. That's recruiting and its not going on at GP.

Travel could definitely be a factor. But the bigger question is can Milan stop the run. GP has 2 backs over 500 yards and 3 others over 400 yards, and a stable full of others. 3,852 yards rushing - through the Lewis County game with an average of 8.3 yards per rush.

Milan will have to win this one on rushing defense. CPA came the closest to doing that and still lost by 13.

It should be a good game.

I agree with you OKNATIVE. Thanks for backing me up.

I agree that travel and the holiday maybe a factor but, this GP team seems to have a fire about them that I have never seen before. I think even though they maybe tired, I think they have determination and they will want to replay the championship game from last year with ALCOA...this time with a better outcome.

i tihnk that Milan WILL pull it off. The hardest opponent that GP has played all year has been CPA and for GP thats not much of a challenge. So....................................................GO DOGS

I think you need to go ahead and start thinking of your Monday morning excuse of why Goodpasture plasteres Milan. Will it be recruiting, weather, wealth,ect... Thats some of the excuses I have read lately.

Goodpasture 35

Milan 17

Good Luck !!!

i know this is off the topic but that was a horrible game. i think it pored rain the whole game. was that in 95 because i think in 96 is when dl beat us 7 to 0