Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

As the PBP announcer for Jackson Christian on WTJS 1390 AM, I must say that Marco Daily was a most impressive young man. He was advertised with great ability to run the ball and at breaking tackles. I don't think I have ever seen one high school back break so many tackles as he did this evening. He is so very talented. Unofficially, I had him with 30 carries for 99 yards.

The JCS defense did a great job in containing the running game and forcing

Daily to reverse field on many a play. My hats off the the entire JCS defense. They just kept coming and coming.

Clay Fowler, the JCS quarterback, had a monster game. He was deadly throwing the football. He seemed to anticipate preasure and step up and made plays all night long. However, I simply don't think Mt. Pleasant expected him to be able to run like he did. He did end up outgaining Daily tonight. Taggart (#21) and Johnson (#32) also came up huge in the running game tonight as they have at key points all throughout the season.

My hats off to Brian Stewart and his entire staff for putting together a great game plan.

To Mt. Pleasant, you have a fine team with alot of talented young men. You will be back next year. Keep your chins up.

As an announcer, I am very proud and privilaged to have been apart of this game. I am so very proud of Jackson Christian School and the effort that they have put forth all season long. There is still unfinished work to do. Let's stay focused at the task that lies ahead of us.

I agree with you in that I didn't realize Fowler had the wheels he showed tonight. Not only that, but he had some nice cutback moves as well.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you in that I didn't realize Fowler had the wheels he showed tonight. Not only that, but he had some nice cutback moves as well.

Fowler stepped up and made his leadership public tonight. And made sure that MP knew JCS was the real deal. :thumb: Oh, and you sure can't forget those wide-outs of his. #2,#11,#19,#88 :lol:

Edited by TWizzy551

Great game JCS! Offense and defense executed well. MP has a great running QB, but the best QB on Fowler Field tonight was Clay Fowler. What a great kid to watch. Cool in the pocket, reads the defense well, scrambles when he needs to, throws on the run, hard runner, and throws long and short with precision. Some great holes up front allowing backs to move the ball and receivers managed to get open and hold on to the ball for big yardage. Daily is a running machine for MP, but his gloves are a clue of a one-dimensional team and that is what ended MP's chances tonight. JC only had to stop the run and the defense really was impressive. The best team won tonight and I like JC's chances at the 'boro. Open up a big lead in the 'ship and put the freshman in. Good luck!!!

Congrats JCS. Two words for you "Got Speed"? Yes you guys do. Man I haven't seen Marco contained like that since the first game of the year, Giles Co. a 3A school. Hats off to your team they just flat out beat the dickens out of us tonight.

No excuses out of me, we just simply got beat.

The speed of that defense is crazy. Never seen Marco make it around the corner

and have 4-5 defenders on him just like that. Our offense never had a chance to even get going. Good job to JCS is all there is to say.

To our guys, thank you so much, so very much for the great season you all had.

Hold your heads up very high and walk with pride because all of you have taken mTp farther than anyone ever has. We are very,very proud of you and no matter what you are still champions and winners here at home!

I will be right here again rootin for you guys next year :ph34r:

THANK YOU TIGERS!

i was listenin to the game on the radio, when they were talkin about this......in the 4th quarter when daily went out i could hear people in the crowd trying to taunt him yelling things like "Marco...............then someone else would yell.............POLO" and other things of that jesture

Congrats to JCS, the better team won this game, JCS is sound in all phases of the game, especially tackling. Great game plan and good team. I don't have a problem getting beat by a team of that caliber, I do have a problem with the 40 year old man in the bleachers heckling a 16 year old kid, the JCS student section was great, never heard anything negative from them, parents should take a note. I would have to say MP and Hampton could argue they are the best 2 public schools, they were the only 2 left? Good Luck JCS.