Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

Okay. Well I have a lot of talking to do.. so bear with me. First of all, I'm obviously a JCS fan... and I had faith in the boys. But in NO WAY did I expect the score to be 42-14. I think this JCS team has far exceeded anyones expectations of them.

The biggest shocker of all was Clay Fowler. And I'm not talking about his passing game. I have hardly seen him run the ball this season, but he came out tonight showing that he's got the legs to match that arm of his.

Now for the JCS Defense. Your going to be lucky to find a more talented 1A defense. Not only are they talented, but they are smart (thanks to the coaching). If you were at the game, and really paid attention, you could tell that those boys ran each play as it was designed. They didn't run at Marco when they were on a contain, and the LB's stayed back on the spies.

And the gameplan. It did what it was designed to do. Stop the run. Which, everyone saw tonight, is not an easy task. Marco can move, and he doesn't go down easy. He is a great ball player. But, tonight, he just didn't have anywhere to run. He would run from one side of the field to the other, but at both places there would be a man waiting. Great job by the coaches.

Now... Lake County. You guys deserve to be where the JCS boys are as much as anyone. And, had it been LC playing MP tonight, I wouldn't have expected anything less that what I saw in JCS.

Going to the 'Boro! Take care of business boys!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Pleasant doesnt compare to lake county...lake county is a great offensive team and they have a solid defense. Mtp has nothing exept for marko daley and we killed him all night!

Thanks J.C.S.&.Jaxman..We all know we came close but that's the way it goes sometimes...Fayette Ac...T.C.A...McKenzie..Bruceton all had very good teams and hopefully everyone will get on board and cheer for J.C.S. at State!Hopefully everyone will wear their school colors and show that we are representing our area through J.C.S. ..

Okay. Well I have a lot of talking to do.. so bear with me. First of all, I'm obviously a JCS fan... and I had faith in the boys. But in NO WAY did I expect the score to be 42-14. I think this JCS team has far exceeded anyones expectations of them.

The biggest shocker of all was Clay Fowler. And I'm not talking about his passing game. I have hardly seen him run the ball this season, but he came out tonight showing that he's got the legs to match that arm of his.

Now for the JCS Defense. Your going to be lucky to find a more talented 1A defense. Not only are they talented, but they are smart (thanks to the coaching). If you were at the game, and really paid attention, you could tell that those boys ran each play as it was designed. They didn't run at Marco when they were on a contain, and the LB's stayed back on the spies.

And the gameplan. It did what it was designed to do. Stop the run. Which, everyone saw tonight, is not an easy task. Marco can move, and he doesn't go down easy. He is a great ball player. But, tonight, he just didn't have anywhere to run. He would run from one side of the field to the other, but at both places there would be a man waiting. Great job by the coaches.

Now... Lake County. You guys deserve to be where the JCS boys are as much as anyone. And, had it been LC playing MP tonight, I wouldn't have expected anything less that what I saw in JCS.

Going to the 'Boro! Take care of business boys!

Congrats to J.C.S. tonight...I said in an earlier post last week that Fowler is an excellent quarterback..Very shifty..J.C.S.isn't getting the recognition that they deserve..especially in the middle and Eastern part of the state...But..now Mt.Pleasant knows first hand!

Edited by mrbigster

Congrats J.C,S.. yall played great tonight..Mt.Pleasant was lucky the score wasn't more than it was at half time...The announcers from Mt.Pleasant was complaining about a J.C.S.fan not having class...How it looked like it was going to be 2 private schools playing for the championship in J.C.S. and Friendship Christian..That they were the best public school in the state...Wrong..Lake Co is better than Mt.Pleasant...I'm not trying to take away from J.C. S.'s win but Mt.Pleasant fans never gave J.C.S. a chance....Someone even posted that Mt.Pleasant and Jo Byrn's were the best two teams..followed by J.C.S. and Lake Co..Wrong again!Yall proved by playing the teams that yall played that you guys are the best from our region..Good luck in the state!

Congrats to J.C.S. tonight...I said in an earlier post last week that Fowler is an excellent quarterback..Very shifty..J.C.S.isn't getting the recognition that they deserve..especially in the middle and Eastern part of the state...But..now Mt.Pleasant knows first hand!

The fellas definitely sent a message to the East/ Middle Tennessee teams tonight.

One word: Dominant.

Seems like people from Mt. Pleasant REALLY underestimated JCS. I doubt MTP has seen a team with the team speed on defense that JCS has since the Giles County or Ezell-Harding games. JCS swarmed Dailey and contained the corners...cornerbacks Rayner and Hadley did an outstanding job there. Dailey had to keep reversing field and more often than not, two or more JCS defenders were waiting.

MTP's first TD came on a botched fumble call that was taken in for a score. Fowler tried a shovel pass to Rayner, who dropped it. Refs ruled he had possession before the drop, which was the wrong call. I had a perfect angle at it, and Rayner never had a grip on it.

JCS struggled in the red zone in the first half, essentially 1-for-4 (got it to the 21 and failed). In the 2nd half, after 8 JCS plays from scrimmage, they had 28 more points. Just picked the Tiger defense apart.

Dailey is an excellent player. That much was very evident tonight. But I really don't think they had any idea what they would run up against tonight.

Sitting right next to you for the game, the word I would use to describe Daily is slippery. Some of the better cutback moves I've ever seen, and it's easy to see how if he gets to corner he's gone. I really like his chances to win Mr. Football on Monday. But the JCS defense tonight...wow. They had a perfect plan to stop Dailey containing him and forcing him back inside.

Key series for me was in the second half when MP had a 3rd and 1 in their own territory, and lost 5 on the play. 4th and 6 they elect to try a fake punt, direct snap to Dailey, who loses 6 yards under a swarm of JCS defenders. JCS takes over on a short field, and stuffs it in the endzone.

Hats off to the JCS coaching staff for halftime adjustments. First 8 plays from scrimmage in the second half = 28 points and the ballgame. The speed of JCS was a different gear from everybody else for MP not named Dailey. Had I not watched the game tonight, I would pick FCS next Friday. But having seen JCS tonight, and how dominant they were, I like JCS next week. The score could have easily been 60 or more to 8 tonight, the margin really doesn't reflect how dominant JCS was in this game. A really, really great performance by the kids and coaches of JCS tonight.

Congrats to JCS on not only making it to the State Championship, but also overcoming all the odds they have been put up against this season. Yall have a great team and good luck against JCS.

WEST TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Devil Alum..I should have included South Fulton in my post earlier..You and a couple more from South Fulton have been very complimentary of our area teams..You need to change the good luck against J.C.S to F.C.S...lol...I hit the wrong keyboards a lot myself!

OPPs lol didnt ever realise it. Yea yall have a great team and deserve what yall have accomplished over this season. Agains congrats on making it to the Championship and im thinking myself of making the trip to Murph. next friday to watch yall. Anyway good luck against "FCS"

We'd love to see yah there!

As the PBP announcer for Jackson Christian on WTJS 1390 AM, I must say that Marco Daily was a most impressive young man. He was advertised with great ability to run the ball and at breaking tackles. I don't think I have ever seen one high school back break so many tackles as he did this evening. He is so very talented. Unofficially, I had him with 30 carries for 99 yards.

The JCS defense did a great job in containing the running game and forcing

Daily to reverse field on many a play. My hats off the the entire JCS defense. They just kept coming and coming.

Clay Fowler, the JCS quarterback, had a monster game. He was deadly throwing the football. He seemed to anticipate preasure and step up and made plays all night long. However, I simply don't think Mt. Pleasant expected him to be able to run like he did. He did end up outgaining Daily tonight. Taggart (#21) and Johnson (#32) also came up huge in the running game tonight as they have at key points all throughout the season.

My hats off to Brian Stewart and his entire staff for putting together a great game plan.

To Mt. Pleasant, you have a fine team with alot of talented young men. You will be back next year. Keep your chins up.

As an announcer, I am very proud and privilaged to have been apart of this game. I am so very proud of Jackson Christian School and the effort that they have put forth all season long. There is still unfinished work to do. Let's stay focused at the task that lies ahead of us.