Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. BJ Coleman would throw for about 600 yards vs. Ooltewah.

In every other category, they match-up pretty well. But the pass defense would get murdered. I hate to disrespect my own team like that, but BJ is just waaaaaay too accurate to not exploit every aspect of our zone.

So you're saying that you would get killed by McCallie? Riverdale barely lost to McCallie and would have beat them if not for poor play calling in the end. Smyrna beat Riverdale which was nearly impossible to most people (not me). So theoretically, if Riverdale could beat McCallie and we beat Riverdale, then we should be able to beat McCallie whom you said would kill Ooltewah.

Interesting.........

it must be getting late, i had to read that post twice to follow it .

I am with you man. Can't follow that logic. Bottom line this should be a good game. Mistakes very well could tell the tale. Most teams we have been able to say they haven't seen a "D" like the Owls. I think Smyrna has seen a pretty good defense in Riverdale for sure. Ooltewah is not as one dimensional on offense as Riverdale. You try and stop the run they will get you with the pass. Can't wait til Friday. Go Owls!

I am with you man. Can't follow that logic. Bottom line this should be a good game. Mistakes very well could tell the tale. Most teams we have been able to say they haven't seen a "D" like the Owls. I think Smyrna has seen a pretty good defense in Riverdale for sure. Ooltewah is not as one dimensional on offense as Riverdale. You try and stop the run they will get you with the pass. Can't wait til Friday. Go Owls!

Smyrna has had a tough time stopping the run all year so I would say our pass defense is stronger than our run D. But..... we were able to stop Riverdale's rush when it counted.

From what I hear, Smyrna and Ooltewah have a lot in common on offense. We can both kill you with either the run or the pass. Should be a good one and I'm looking forward to it.

Does Ooltewah have a mobile QB or is he more of a stay-n-the-pocket type?

I did not know TN had signed him. I think I am even more impressed with McCallie then, and by extension BA I guess.

B.J. Coleman was offered a scholarship by Tennessee before the year started. They obviously think he's "worth it." B.J. is the best quarterback to come out of the state of Tennessee in a long time. If anyone disagrees, refer to the UT coaching staff.

Edited by Buzzman

Smyrna has had a tough time stopping the run all year so I would say our pass defense is stronger than our run D. But..... we were able to stop Riverdale's rush when it counted.

From what I hear, Smyrna and Ooltewah have a lot in common on offense. We can both kill you with either the run or the pass. Should be a good one and I'm looking forward to it.

Does Ooltewah have a mobile QB or is he more of a stay-n-the-pocket type?

He is slippery. Usually picks up a few running first downs every week. Very cool in the pocket but not afraid to pull it down and run. Seems to make good decisions with the football. Outside of BJ Coleman from McCallie, I think he is the best in the Chattanooga area.

B.J. Coleman was offered a scholarship by Tennessee before the year started. They obviously think he's "worth it." B.J. is the best quarterback to come out of the state of Tennessee in a long time. If anyone disagrees, refer to the UT coaching staff.

Cutliffe knows how to judge potential ...that is for sure. Riverdale fans raved on the kid. If you know how they are....giving credit to another school's player, esp one that beat them is HUGE.

Cutliffe knows how to judge potential ...that is for sure. Riverdale fans raved on the kid. If you know how they are....giving credit to another school's player, esp one that beat them is HUGE.

If Ooltewah's quarterback is half as good as Coleman, Smyrna may have their hands full. As Riverdale's SID, and only missing 3 Riverdale games, home or away, since 1993, Coleman is one the best I have seen at the high school level. I just got through watching him go 17 for 28 for 346 yards against Brentwood Academy. He has a cannon! Throws the 15 yard out from the hash to the sideline with no arc on the ball, it leaves his hand and the wideout catches it in seemingly the same motion. And throws the deep ball right on the money. They converted at 4th and 18 tonight on a throw a lot of D-1 quarterbacks don't make.... He threw for 346 yards and BA had the ball most of the game, rushing for 272 yards and getting 22 first downs. If McCallie's defense could have gotten some 3-and-outs there is no telling how many yards he would have gotten.....

How does Ooltewah's QB compare to him? Smyrna has a pretty good one in his own right in Sonny Gray. If he doesn't make a certain pass on the run, with big kids breathing down his neck, then the title of this thread would be Ooltewah at Riverdale.....