David Lipscomb Mustangs @ Dyersburg Trojans

treefitty74

Lipscomb travels over to Dyersburg to play the Trojans in what could be a great game....Dyersburg has a stingy defense, but DL is DL....This game should be very exciting...Good Luck to both teams!!!

Go 7-3A!!!!

Correct Sir, DL is DL. They are well coached and they play football as disciplined as anybody. But due to my west roots, I will have to pull for Dyersburg. DL will play a good game, Dyersburg will have to bring their A game.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know alot about this DL team,,,I know last year they played for a state title, and that was our first year in the Class so,,,,,,I know they have been through this plenty of times and arent just jumping up and down , like this town here in D'burg...I have heard they are big, not really fast, but really phyiscall, The bulk of their speed is at reciever, and although my stat line for last night's game says the QB only passed 4-7, for like 100..They do pass pretty well. The beat you up inside and beat you with the pass,.They gave up 188 yards to the Giles Coty running back , which is a great stat for out very fast and phyiscal RB and our numerous other weapons from the backfield....I know we are the underdog in this one, but this team is special. Win or lose. I am proud of this team...They have a huge task ahead of them, and I keep hearing things about DL that makes me more and more comfortable,

Things like, last years game against Covington was closer then the score. The score and stats to last nights game against Giles..There are things that make me believe..We can do this. I know the dominance of middle TN and East. And they might come in here and roll over us, but I hope not..I know I am rambling but this is exciting. I wont make a prediction but If the Trojans take out a few mistakes made last nght and play well , It could be a great holiday!!!,,,,,,,,GO TROJANS,,Lets get it done this week........Boro bound....

I don't know much about west TN football, but I give you some insight on DL.

You do have some incorrect first impressions on them. 1.) They are NOT a passing team. They run the wing-t with great tempo and execution. They have four backs they could go over 100yds in the game and very often more than one will in the same game. They don't pass much, but they result in big plays. Mostly play-action passes. 2.) They ARE fast. They were not a real fast team last year, but that has changed this year. RB's Elrod, Holt, Davis, and Moneypenny as well as WR Rogers can rip you for 60-70 yd gains. But you are right they are also physcial. The offensive line is very good and the backs block well too. The defense, although not as good as last year's unit, is still VERY good. They sometimes bend, but rarely break.

I wouldn't just assume you are going to run on them. You know what happens when you assume don't you? GC got big yards from the QB running the option. Livingston Academy beat DL running the option in the championship game last year. If ya'll run the option, then you have an element to your game that they have had trouble with.

Look at Friday night's GC game as a blue print to beat DL. However, GC was successful because they had already played DL once. GC defended the wing-t much better this time around. There is also a good chance that DL overlooked GC, because they had beaten them 28-3 in the first meeting. You will have to play hard till the last second ticks away. Good luck....you will need it.

[

Look at Friday night's GC game as a blue print to beat DL. However, GC was successful because they had already played DL once. GC defended the wing-t much better this time around. There is also a good chance that DL overlooked GC, because they had beaten them 28-3 in the first meeting. You will have to play hard till the last second ticks away. Good luck....you will need it.

I can assure you that the DL team didn't overlook Giles County. They knew they would have their hands full and they did. Giles played a fantastic game. They could have easily been up 21-0 at the half. The DL defense figured a way to keep them out of the endzone and kept them in the game.

Look for Giles to be a great team for years to come. They have great coaches and a team that really believes in themselves.

I don't know much about west TN football, but I give you some insight on DL.

You do have some incorrect first impressions on them. 1.) They are NOT a passing team. They run the wing-t with great tempo and execution. They have four backs they could go over 100yds in the game and very often more than one will in the same game. They don't pass much, but they result in big plays. Mostly play-action passes. 2.) They ARE fast. They were not a real fast team last year, but that has changed this year. RB's Elrod, Holt, Davis, and Moneypenny as well as WR Rogers can rip you for 60-70 yd gains. But you are right they are also physcial. The offensive line is very good and the backs block well too. The defense, although not as good as last year's unit, is still VERY good. They sometimes bend, but rarely break.

I wouldn't just assume you are going to run on them. You know what happens when you assume don't you? GC got big yards from the QB running the option. Livingston Academy beat DL running the option in the championship game last year. If ya'll run the option, then you have an element to your game that they have had trouble with.

I appreciate this man. I was pretty accurate on a few things,,I did notice your QB only was 4-7, so, and one was a 72 yard pass so,,We have to elimate big plays.......DHS has played almost mistake free all playoffs, With the exception of those two turnovers last night. We cant afford that friday......Sound like offensively we play almost alike, we don't play WingT,,,but our QBS pass 7-15 times so...We played WingT twice this year or forms of it,,,Crockett ran a WingT exactly,,With play-action, We played it ok but could have played it better, Haywood ran it but we shut that down, we have worked on it and gotten alot better sowell see,,,I know the coaches have see it enough to know it,,,ALL OF IT, passing and running out of it,,Crockett passed prolly 20 or more against us SO................if you question your defense at all, then you may want to look at the Trojans again,,14 points isnt really our best and we are starting to show our best,,,We could post some poiints, if your not carefully, especially if that guy is right and Giles could have scored 21 in the first half, It could get good....I bet were a little better offensively then GC, NO DISRESPECT, but we are good on offense,,,If our punter can continue to pin opponents back and our kicker can stay perfect, I think we have a great shot, goin of what I have read,,Its not lke your coach is goin to insert the spread just to throw us off, I promise you one thing if you do come here and beat us by 14 or more you will know it wasnt that kind of game cuz Coach Counce seems to have his players ready, and I dont remember a team doin that to his team in recent years, so if you do, you will still respect us after cuz you will know you earned that , they will bring the wood,,,win or lose,,,,,,,,,,GO TROJANS,,,,Week 2 Week ,,,Lets go,,,,,,,,,,BORO BOUND,,,,,,,,

Best of luck to the Mustangs from the fans of Giles County!

Hit 'em in the mouth! ;) Twice, one for the Mustangs and one for the Bobcats! :blink:

Questin,,,if GC could have scored 21 in the first half, what kind fo thigs were working, and what stopped you guys,,

Was it good defense or costly mistakes?,,,,,Just wondering,,,They said you ran the option well, do you have a QB that is fast , speed back,,IDK, just really dont know about middle TN and would like to know what I am looking for and keeping a eye on,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know I ask alot, but I am just an interested fan,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKX

Questin,,,if GC could have scored 21 in the first half, what kind fo thigs were working, and what stopped you guys,,

Was it good defense or costly mistakes?,,,,,Just wondering,,,They said you ran the option well, do you have a QB that is fast , speed back,,IDK, just really dont know about middle TN and would like to know what I am looking for and keeping a eye on,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know I ask alot, but I am just an interested fan,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKX

They had a lot of sucess with the Statue of Liberty, the Hook and Lateral, and had one nasty version of The Annexation of Puerto Rico. I'd recommend those plays to give you a start on what will have success against the Stangs.

They had a lot of sucess with the Statue of Liberty, the Hook and Lateral, and had one nasty version of The Annexation of Puerto Rico. I'd recommend those plays to give you a start on what will have success against the Stangs.

Excellent! Here at Dyersburg, our offense is built around the Statue Without Limitations, and we run the Annexation play to either side.