next year in region 8aa

turkey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
ok whats going on with these teams not just milan i know somebody knows something i heard trenton was gonna have a ton of speed anyone care to share some information

Trenton IMHO will be the only team to have a shot against Milan for the 8-2A title...Humboldt may have big boys up front...but the big boys mean nothing when your going to toss it up to EJ every time <_<

Trenton will be the toughest test for Milan this year. But Peabody losing Holt is bigger than Milan losing Wells and Kirby. I feel he was the heart of that Trenton team. Wells was a dual threat and Kirby was above average, but neither willed thier teams to victory on Friday nights like Holt!!! JMO

1. Milan

2. Trenton

3. Humboldt

Milan's QB situation isn't a problem - look for the playbook to expand each week. Coleman has the ability to be a dual threat also just like West in 2003. I wouldn't get in front of the boy. He looks like a LB playing QB.

Trenton will be the toughest test for Milan this year. But Peabody losing Holt is bigger than Milan losing Wells and Kirby. I feel he was the heart of that Trenton team. Wells was a dual threat and Kirby was above average, but neither willed thier teams to victory on Friday nights like Holt!!! JMO

1. Milan

2. Trenton

3. Humboldt

Milan's QB situation isn't a problem - look for the playbook to expand each week. Coleman has the ability to be a dual threat also just like West in 2003. I wouldn't get in front of the boy. He looks like a LB playing QB.

your right-milan wont have a problem with the quarterback spot...coleman is a big kid and will make a hole if he has too...but IMO what really will be milan's strongpoint this fall will be their d...returning 6 starters and the d line is massive...the average for the 4 boys is 250 and with players like brian bledsoe, jake anderson, and trevino moore milan's defense will be very athletic

Trenton IMHO will be the only team to have a shot against Milan for the 8-2A title...Humboldt may have big boys up front...but the big boys mean nothing when your going to toss it up to EJ every time <_<

y you think we will base our o on ej...idk...but i do kno if needed ej is there but more than likely never primary...humboldt is humboldt is humboldt...smashmouth play....run at you make you stop us...the pass o will also be a great threat but not all we have....be ready for hardnose d ond try to stop us o

Already time to talk football again???

Dresdens QB moved to Milan earlier in the year. He and Postoak will battle for the starting spot. Both are big kids about 6'3". Both better throwing the ball than Lydale but not the running threat. Team will still be big but considerably faster. Couple of sophomores will make big impact. Both Jamil Davis and Brian Bledsoe will be in Mr. Football discussion.

Trenton-Will have very talented backfield but don't they lose everyone else?

Before you give that to jamil ask him about the guy from westview i think he was 76(might be mistaken the left tackle though) he had him struggling last year and for brian i heard he was injured pretty bad

Davis has more potential than nearly anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s so strong it's scary. He just haven’t had the mental toughness needed over the past couple years. From what I’ve heard though that has changed this year. If he ever gets really focused I don’t think there is anyone in 2a that can stand toe to toe with him on the line. I guess we'll find out this year. As for Bledsoe, he did have arthroscopic surgery on his rotator cuff. He was lifting less than a week after it was preformed. It's amazing what they can do with surgery these days. He should be back really close to week 1 and he will still be plenty strong to compete for Mr. Football.

Ask Mark Fisher how dominate Jamil Davis was in the Milan/Goodpasture game last year. This guy is flying low on the radar but could possibly end up being the best lineman in the state.

ive heard we could quite possibly have one of the best defenses in a while and im thinking our offense wont be slugish and we will be more of a deep threat this yr with that said thats where i think the run game will top it off after they gash some one for 30 through the air then they will pound it up the middle cant wait

Edited by bulldoggfan

Davis has more potential than nearly anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s so strong it's scary. He just haven’t had the mental toughness needed over the past couple years. From what I’ve heard though that has changed this year. If he ever gets really focused I don’t think there is anyone in 2a that can stand toe to toe with him on the line. I guess we'll find out this year. As for Bledsoe, he did have arthroscopic surgery on his rotator cuff. He was lifting less than a week after it was preformed. It's amazing what they can do with surgery these days. He should be back really close to week 1 and he will still be plenty strong to compete for Mr. Football.

not doubting it he is a big guy but you have to consider how those guys who played good against him last year will do with him this year because they too have been in the weightroom and we all knwo you can't be weak and play the line in this region