Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

QUOTE(irecnso @ Nov 20 2006 - 08:39 AM)

Well, well, well! Here we are once again! Semi's baby!!! Its been 14 long years since we have made it this far

Enjoy it..... because its as far as you will get this season.

And what do you base this on? Is it the WEAK schedule that Hillsboro plays? I am not saying that it's their fault, it is just a weak region. Check the computer rank of schedule if you don't believe me. Rather than just spouting off, why don't you try backing it up? I think we have a good chance of beating ANYONE because of the schedule that we have played and because we are peaking right now. And for your information, we are enjoying it and we plan to continue that

Anyone that plays football in west TN has no business calling other regions weak..

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love what these people have done, but we are on the same team and we are certainly not competing against each other, their successes were grand, but ours are too, and being from here, why would they want to take away from what these kids are doing. In other words, why are they talking about hteir accomplishments, when they should be praising this team.

Good point. In my mind they are praising this team by even comparing them to the 1908 team, the 1953 team, the 1978 team, the 1985 team, and the 1992 team. But there is something special about this team that seems to set them apart from all of the others. I am just going to keep praising them in hopes that they will continue to believe!!!

Go Big Red!!!

Well, well, well! Here we are once again! Semi's baby!!! Its been 14 long years since we have made it this far

And what do you base this on? Is it the WEAK schedule that Hillsboro plays? I am not saying that it's their fault, it is just a weak region. Check the computer rank of schedule if you don't believe me. Rather than just spouting off, why don't you try backing it up? I think we have a good chance of beating ANYONE because of the schedule that we have played and because we are peaking right now. And for your information, we are enjoying it and we plan to continue that

Anyone that plays football in west TN has no business calling other regions weak..

All I know is that on strength of schedule we are third in the state and you are fifty-third. Doesn't speak well of your final statement. I know SOS means nothing on Friday night, but that was a pretty tacky comment about West TN football. Do I not recall that you have been knocked out of the big game several times by Melrose? And unless my geography is way off, they are about as far west as you can get.

Edited by realredpride

All I know is that on strength of schedule we are third in the state and you are fifty-third. Doesn't speak well of your final statement. I know SOS means nothing on Friday night, but that was a pretty tacky comment about West TN football. Do I not recall that you have been knocked out of the big game several times by Melrose? And unless my geography is way off, they are about as far west as you can get.

Nice reply RedPride.

HC will need to play a very physical defensive game, which we are capable of doing. Alot is being said of our secondary being pourous, which I can't argue with, but they are very talented as well. We play defense aggressively, both on the line and in the secondary, as I am not sure on the number of picks the Pats have this year but I know it is several. Point being, we have to bring our "A" game defensively for 2 halves, and if we do that we can play with anyone in the state.

The other thing we have to do is control the clock on offense. The best way to beat a talented offense??? Keep them off the field and play field position, don't put our defense in bad field position. The coaches I am confident will have the gameplan in place to win, we will have to execute it.

This is to go to the championship game, both teams are going to be excellent at this point, if not, they wouldn't be here. I think this is going to be a close game down to the wire, with HC getting it done at home. Go Pats, we need a big crowd.

On a side note, the tailgating is going to begin around 2, and rumor has it that WLZK will be doing a live pre-game remote from the tailgating beginning around 5, with continuing talk all the way up to game time. Sounds fun, so everyone get out and let's show the Patriots we are behind them all the way!

My understanding is on the practice field , close to the guys!!! Also, young kids can play out there while parents tailgate. Fans need to bring signs in support of team.

I for one will not support Dairy Delight if they REFUSED to support the Patriots by putting something on their sign. It doesn't cost a dime to do that , but it will cost them business!!!!!! It's not like they are competing to support 2 High Schools!!!!!

To those that have supported them, you will not be forgotten, PARIS REALTY.

No one has answered the question of what type of defense Hillsboro runs. Anyone in the know? What is overall team size? Shotgun or I formation? What is their kicking game like?

Tailgating will be down by the practice field, so everyone come on out, it will be a good time to be had by all.

As for the game, the team with the least amount of turnovers will come out on top. This is the final four, both teams are going to have talent, mistake free football is the key to victory. Allen will be the horse, and when the horse is hungry, you had better feed him....Feed the horse.....Feed the horse....

I for one will not support Dairy Delight if they REFUSED to support the Patriots by putting something on their sign. It doesn't cost a dime to do that , but it will cost them business!!!!!! It's not like they are competing to support 2 High Schools!!!!!

To those that have supported them, you will not be forgotten, PARIS REALTY.

That is odd about Dairy Delight :)

I know they have put info on sign when Pats FB/BB were losing and when Pats were winning.

Maybe there was some situation that occured where some group felt slighted because they did not get on sign created an uproar and they just decided to not put anything on sign except DD business?????? :rolleyes:

I am not hcrocks, but he is signed on to my computer. I have been watching this same group of boys play football together since they were 8 yrs old.

When these seniors were freshmen(ie, true freshmen, not soph, or jrs), they only lost one contest in that season 4 years ago. That was to Dickson Co. The coach lost that game, by shotgunning his offense. McNairl was so tired in the 4th that he was literally tripping over his own feet.

They were good then and they are much better now. Please underestimate them. It will serve them with excellence. Why do you suppose MurpheyFair had them rated #1 in the 4A polls preseason? Think about it.

I love to read all of these posts, then go back and reread them after the game is over. I'm sure the post game posts will be just as entertaining Sat am.

Look for an upset Hillsboro, HC has beat the 3 top Memphis teams, 1 Nashville team is no big deal.

Thanksgiving week! How awesome this is. And to have an all afternoon tailgate party will truly be a treat!!!

I would have expected more Hillsboro fans posting by this time. Where is Footballfan15 and boski?!?!? I want to know a little more about their defense and their QB. I know about the Seward kid, an awesome back that can churn out the yards. I would think he will be the 3rd best back we have seen this year. It seems that their LB's are studs. I remember thinking back around the JCM game how #34 would do against two great linebackers. Yanker, what do you think? How will our "baby back" do against Hillsboro LB's? I am ready for this one!!!

We shall see. The last time we were there, Gallatin had to capitalize on a mistake to pull out the W in the waning minutes of the game. They then destroyed the other team in the finals, I think it was Lincoln County. Hillsboro will not walk into our house and tear apart HC like it did Clarksville. They will have to deal with our top four players on offense - 2 receivers, one HUGE tailback, and probably the best dual threat QB in the state.

Only time will tell, but of course that is why we play the game irecnso...

Not only our top four players but our solid offensive line who have been opening huge holes as of late

QUOTE(irecnso @ Nov 20 2006 - 11:16 AM)

This post seems to assume that I am from Hillsboro.......I guess assumptions is the reason why you think HC will win Friday.

As for the statement that Gaddis does his best work in the semis........not alot of research went in to that statement.

But I will say that getting to the semis is no small task and even though his teams usually lose in the semis, getting there is to be commended. Gaddis has been successful everywhere he has coached and was/is a good hire for HC.

QUOTE(irecnso @ Nov 20 2006 - 11:16 AM)

This post seems to assume that I am from Hillsboro.......I guess assumptions is the reason why you think HC will win Friday.

As for the statement that Gaddis does his best work in the semis........not alot of research went in to that statement.

But I will say that getting to the semis is no small task and even though his teams usually lose in the semis, getting there is to be commended. Gaddis has been successful everywhere he has coached and was/is a good hire for HC.

Are you okay today? What a strange turn of events this response has taken. I am confused.