The Ultimate Solution

larry

I have read most of the threads on this board and here is the solution to the public-private and other problems, using most of the arguments presented on this board:

(1) Split public and private, completely, and let the private schools have their own Board of Control to set their regions, playoffs, etc.

(2) Classify public schools by enrollment EXCEPT for open-zone schools which will use the merit system for possible re-classification every two years.

(3) Put public schools in 4 classifications with the top two teams, instead of four, going to the playoffs.

(4) Do away with week zero and move the first week of the season back to the first Friday in September.

Edited by larry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(1) Split public and private, completely, and let the private schools have their own Board of Control to set their regions, playoffs, etc.

Why? Because we don't like each other. I hope very public school wins every Friday and you hope that every private school wins every Friday. That is not healthy for me, you, the schools, the players, etc. Are there exceptions? Yes. Let the exceptions schedule each other in the regular season.

Why? Because we don't like each other. I hope very public school wins every Friday and you hope that every private school wins every Friday. That is not healthy for me, you, the schools, the players, etc. Are there exceptions? Yes. Let the exceptions schedule each other in the regular season.

Larry,

I like the publics...so do all the other small private people I know. It is the publics who don't like us, primarily because they think all private schools are snobby and cheat. I guess you fall into that category. Happily some folks don't feel that way. Thus some of us would like to see a solution to keep us together...heck, we stayed even after the multiplier, that should show you that we like DI schools.

Larry,

I like the publics...so do all the other small private people I know. It is the publics who don't like us, primarily because they think all private schools are snobby and cheat. I guess you fall into that category. Happily some folks don't feel that way. Thus some of us would like to see a solution to keep us together...heck, we stayed even after the multiplier, that should show you that we like DI schools.

And where would you go? I don't blame you for wanting a solution to keep things together. You have students zoned for most if not all of the public schools around you.

"Snobby" gets into individual traits. I am talking schools. How many public schools did you cheer for, against privates, last Friday night?

Cheat? Not really.

Edited by larry

And where would you go? I don't blame you for wanting a solution to keep things together. You have students zoned for most if not all of the public schools around you.

"Snobby" gets into individual traits. I am talking schools. How many public schools did you cheer for, against privates, last Friday night?

Cheat? Not really.

Larry, I will be cheering for Milan over Goodpasture this week, but then again I`m a public school fan. But Two weeks ago I was at the TCA / Lake County game cheering on TCA.

My point?

Not all public school fans think like you do.

Cheat? Not really.

Ahh...see, you are assuming you know something about me. But you don't.

Frankly, one of my favorite teams is South Pittsburg. I always root for them regardless of who they play, public or private. Why? Because they have always played hard and have a great staff and fans...and when someone is better than them they give credit where credit is due...then work hard to beat them the next time. Classy bunch. Feel the same way about Gordonsville. And Smith County. If Smith makes it past Alcoa I'll be rooting for them in the Championship game...almost certainly against a private. I also like Huntingdon. Frankly, after watching Maryville last Friday at Red Bank I have to tell ya I am a big Rebel respecter too...wow...great coaching, great discipline, hard nosed kids. Good for them! I also regularly root for Tyner...they are in our region and have been dominate for years...whipped us 3 of the 4 times we have played them, but I like the way they work hard and play.

Soooo, how many privates do you root for?

And our students come from all over...some are good athletes, most are not. They come to us and their parents get second jobs to pay tuition not to play Football (there are plenty of bigger, better Football schools they could go to for free...) but because we are a Christian school. If they happen to work hard and play well they know that people like you will claim they were recruited, or had some advantage, but they come anyway.

I have read most of the threads on this board and here is the solution to the public-private and other problems, using most of the arguments presented on this board:

(2) Classify public schools by enrollment EXCEPT for open-zone schools which will use the merit system for possible re-classification every two years.

(3) Put public schools in 4 classifications with the top two teams, instead of four, going to the playoffs.

(4) Do away with week zero and move the first week of the season back to the first Friday in September.

If you are willing to use the "MERIT SYSTEM" for the open zoned public schools why not put everyone back together and use it for everyone? Oh I forgot, you don't like private schools so you are trying to get them kicked out of the TSSAA.

If you are willing to use the "MERIT SYSTEM" for the open zoned public schools why not put everyone back together and use it for everyone? Oh I forgot, you don't like private schools so you are trying to get them kicked out of the TSSAA.

Just a question-- Could schools like Maryville, Fulton, Ravenwood, and Alcoa play in DII if they wanted too? I think they would be allowed to and I could see the making of a super conference that would get national attention and produce numerous prospects every year. This would be great! I think any public school would be allowed to move up to DII.

Like, respect, admire, envy- use any adjective you choose. If public and private schools liked, respected, admired, envied each other then we wouldn't be at this point. The arrogance drips off of private school fans on this board and out in the real world. If you can not lower yourself to attending a public school then form your own classification.

One thing that fans on here have said they like is a merit system. Here's your chance to use the merit system, too.

Edited by larry

Ultimate solution would be shut up and do what is right for the kids and let "them" compete and have fun. And the grown ups with all their baggage and hangups just leave them alone instead of legislating championships.

The arrogance of public school people just drip from these pages, the arrogance that you have right to each and every kid, public schools DO NOT have a monopoly on every kid, thank God America is a free country where parents can choose to send their kids, those very same parents that still support public schools with their tax dollars, and by sending their kid to a private or church school it actually frees up resources for the kids in public school.

So do the right thing and put DI and DII back together and quit watering down Tennessee atletics.

How is playing schools equal to you, in every aspect, suddenly about politics and not teaching them the right lessons? I'll tell you when-- when it suits private school supporters to pompously proclaim it.

Which of these is not "about the kids"?