Franklin playing Brentwood Academy?

Red Rebel dude

B100,

Been going on for years on the board because it has been going on for years. Pull your head out of the sand and open your eyes. BA isn't the only one. I'm not whining about it just stating facts. That's why they split them off a few years ago.

OH IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK!!! The 10 year drought was causing the losers to grow tired of belly aching, spewing their jealous venom and unsubstantiated accusations (that they in their ignorance call "fact"). Music to my ears!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B100,

Been going on for years on the board because it has been going on for years. Pull your head out of the sand and open your eyes. BA isn't the only one. I'm not whining about it just stating facts. That's why they split them off a few years ago.

Whatever........there are no "facts"........never been one "fact" of recruiting proven in over 30 years....... that is why the TSSAA LOST all the way to the highest court in the land (Supreme court in Washington DC) and back down to lower courts.....which means YOU lost your argument.......Dead subject.......You can always take your argument to the public/private debate board......this topic is about scheduling...... :D

Edited by Brandon100

Whatever........there are no "facts"........never been one "fact" of recruiting proven in over 30 years....... that is why the TSSAA LOST all the way to the highest court in the land (Supreme court in Washington DC) and back down to lower courts.....which means YOU lost your argument.......Dead subject.......You can always take your argument to the public/private debate board......this topic is about scheduling...... :thumb:

Amen to that! Why beat a dead horse or in this case, a dead subject?

B100,

You know, my favorite part of a post like this (and haven't we seen this post a million times) is the 'ol "pull your head out of the sand . . ." statement. Usually best used when you don't actually have any facts to back up your statement.

Is that confirmed? That would be great! I'd love to see this rivalry continue.

As far as I know the only scheduling changes will be with the loss of Page High.

Suggestion from a Summer County buddy indicates changes are in the works for next two years for a team up there. Good for ticket sales but I'm sure Coach Rector has more important things on his mind besides scheduling next year games. First things first, filling up the schedule can come once the playoffs are finish. I think ya’ll can understand that.

To answer your question, is it confirmed? NO! There should be no reasons not to continue unless BA has cold feet after this year escape. The teams and families know each other and fill-up each other stadium for the last two years. To be the best, you play the best, no two ways around it.

As far as I know the only scheduling changes will be with the loss of Page High.

Suggestion from a Summer County buddy indicates changes are in the works for next two years for a team up there. Good for ticket sales but I'm sure Coach Rector has more important things on his mind besides scheduling next year games. First things first, filling up the schedule can come once the playoffs are finish. I think ya’ll can understand that.

To answer your question, is it confirmed? NO! There should be no reasons not to continue unless BA has cold feet after this year escape. The teams and families know each other and fill-up each other stadium for the last two years. To be the best, you play the best, no two ways around it.

Let the rivalry continue! :thumb: The game has a wonderful atmosphere, great crowd, etc........Two great programs. Brian Rector is a wonderful coach. I wish BA would throw him in for consideration if Coach Flatt decides to retire......however, I believe CF will retire when he finds the right match and only then. The Ravenwood administration sure needs to appreciate Coach Rector. He has helped place Ravenwood on the map fast. He needs to be paid well! He has the ability to build a major program........now, back to scheduling.........

Let the rivalry continue! :lol: The game has a wonderful atmosphere, great crowd, etc........Two great programs. Brian Rector is a wonderful coach. I wish BA would throw him in for consideration if Coach Flatt decides to retire......however, I believe CF will retire when he finds the right match and only then. The Ravenwood administration sure needs to appreciate Coach Rector. He has helped place Ravenwood on the map fast. He needs to be paid well! He has the ability to build a major program........now, back to scheduling.........

You got to give kudos to his coaching staff as well as the football support community in this area, none better.

Absolutely. The game this year helped both teams get ready for what was to come.

Go Raptors!!

Bring home another championship to Brentwood!!

Absolutely. The game this year helped both teams get ready for what was to come.

Go Raptors!!

Bring home another championship to Brentwood!!

I have always thought the Willco teams should play BA later in the year rather than in week o or 1. I know it would be tough with consideration to the region games but it seems BA is ahead on the curve early. May be from overall better athletes(eventhough they have NEVER recruited) than the public schools. I have always wished the Bwood 2002 team that lost to them in week 0 had played them week 10!

[

Keep this up and the thread will get kicked to the "public/private" thread on the front page.

One thing must be admitted: Brentwood Academy recruits. They have to, as a private school. They recruit students, some of whom turn out to be great athletes. That's just a bonus, according to the party line.

Do they recruit just athletes? Over the years it sure looks that way, including some they have recruited, used, and discarded, from some appearances. If you're a BA fan and think they don't recruit athletes at all then you're in a terrible state of denial.

On the other hand, if you're not a BA fan and still get hearburn because they recruit students and recruit athletes, be careful of the glass house you might live in. Public schools have been recruiting kids for more than 30 years and some of them are pretty dang good at it. Past transgressions aren't discussed becuase by the time the folks get mad enough to say anything, they'd have to admit to being co-conspirators. Besides, with a BA education, well, don't bite the hand that feeds. Same goes for the recruiting on the public side, too.

As for the court case, I wonder if the T$$AA could have done better. I don't think it's ever a clear right/wrong decision. Then again, after the T$$AA debacle at Milan earlier this year, they may have gotten what they deserved.

Just rambling.

VI

Oh yeah, BTW, the BA-Ravenwood game was one the best I've seen in the last four years or so. Hopefully they will continue the rivalry. Still think Rector is the best up and comer in the business in the state.

VI

[

Keep this up and the thread will get kicked to the "public/private" thread on the front page.

One thing must be admitted: Brentwood Academy recruits. They have to, as a private school. They recruit students, some of whom turn out to be great athletes. That's just a bonus, according to the party line.

Do they recruit just athletes? Over the years it sure looks that way, including some they have recruited, used, and discarded, from some appearances. If you're a BA fan and think they don't recruit athletes at all then you're in a terrible state of denial.

On the other hand, if you're not a BA fan and still get hearburn because they recruit students and recruit athletes, be careful of the glass house you might live in. Public schools have been recruiting kids for more than 30 years and some of them are pretty dang good at it. Past transgressions aren't discussed becuase by the time the folks get mad enough to say anything, they'd have to admit to being co-conspirators. Besides, with a BA education, well, don't bite the hand that feeds. Same goes for the recruiting on the public side, too.

As for the court case, I wonder if the T$$AA could have done better. I don't think it's ever a clear right/wrong decision. Then again, after the T$$AA debacle at Milan earlier this year, they may have gotten what they deserved.

Just rambling.

VI

Oh yeah, BTW, the BA-Ravenwood game was one the best I've seen in the last four years or so. Hopefully they will continue the rivalry. Still think Rector is the best up and comer in the business in the state.

VI

:lol::lol::lol: Ignore Village Idiot's present post and any other post regarding the "R" word. He is trying to flame the thread, as he warns in his first sentence....He and others can take this case to the Public/Private board if he or anyone else wishes to take this further.....heck.....he can even start his own thread.......I am sure there are plenty of others who wish to spin their wheels talking about the subject........ :lol:

We are here to talk about scheduling........now VI, anything to comment about scheduling? ;)

Edited by Brandon100