Franklin playing Brentwood Academy?

Red Rebel dude

Actually, I see why your test scores were not good enough to get in......YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SPELL AND WRITE SIMPLE SENTENCES TO GO TO BA. :thumb: You are another wanna be that has a story to tell everyone that you were such a superstar, BA came after you. Soooo............how have (or did) you do in HS? You are another anonymous poster that has been coming on here for years with info that you will never bring forward because you know that to expose yourself, you will be shown to be untruthful. Better yet.....why not get all your buddies that BA was after and call The Tennessean and the TSSAA and make a story of it? It would be the top story of the decade in HS sports........the actual folks that BA came after now exposed! LOL!!!!!

You guys might think he's joking, but I know for a fact that he's not. I've played against him. I played against that Grassland 8th grade team that featured him and Austin Harrison. Those two kids were two of the biggest, most athletic 8th graders I've ever seen. Harrison chose to play his high school ball at CPA.

Trust me when I say that he is most certainly good enough to play at any of the local private schools. If you can find last Sunday's Williamson AM, you'll see him on the first team.

You'll also see him first team all-region 6-5A whenever that list is released. Do a little bit of research and you can figure out who he is.

You may never believe that what he says is legit--I'm sure you'll claim that he and I are in cahoots or something of that nature. I can assure you that he and I have never met outside of the field of play.

I just respect him as a player and a man. That's all.

Edited by donathan5507

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of another Div II school, we all recruit, it just depends on your definition of what it is, on how far we all go to do it. Private schools have to search for students, sometimes they are good at athletics. But they all recruit.

To your point, I guess what this really comes down to is your definition of the word recruit. If you believe that putting an advertisement in the local paper discussing your school's mission statement is recruiting, then DII schools recruit. If you believe that telling prospecitve students who have expressed an interest in your school about the benefits of your school is recruiting, then DII schools recruit. If you believe that providing financial aid based on the recomendation of an independent agency to students who can't afford to go to your school (reguardless of thier athletic ability) is recruiting, then DII schools recruit.

However, the word "recruit" generally has a connotation of someone actively going out into the community and trying to bring students to a school based on their athletic ability. If this is your definition of the word "recruit", then you are wrong -- not all DII schools recruit.

i have many friends at BA and back when i was a middle schoolar constantly visited the school-as a 5'8" 6th grader i could not enter the area of brentwood without a BA coach coming to me and asking things such as "how old are you"-"what position do you play"-"what is your favorite lift"- as well as recieving calls from BA alum and coaches several times during the application process-not to mention every time i played a team with somebody from BA on the apposing team-the parents would pitch BA in all its prestige-after i took the test to get into BA i was told that i really didnt do that great on it-however if i decided to go to the school i woudl be attending it for next to nothing-im not complaining about BA recruiting-and it bothers me when others do-however it also bothers me when the overly proud parents of BA students refuse to open their eyes and recognize that yes BA does recruit the people like David Harrison,Corey Harrison, Brandon Wright, David Folbert, and Tyree Ford, its just the way it is. and its not like BA is th eonly one-the current head caoch of BGA, tim johnson, and his offensive cordinator were at every one of grassland middle schools games recruiting GMS's quarter back and running back-when i was in 8th grade CPA also recruited myself and austin harrison-we were given a private tour of the school by caoch pac-i could be wrong but i dont either of the 3 schools treated any of their achedemic wonders with this kind of treatment prior to attending

WOW! I was a 6'1" 195 lb 12 year old who played football at Una (Cameron didn't have a team back then) and dominated AAA in the late 1970's and I didn't get that kind of attention to where they were hunting me down! LOL!!!!

Edited by Brandon100

Your welcome to call me a dreamer to think I was or am talented enough for BA to recruit me (as donathan said enough of the area sports writers thought I was talented enough to make the 1st team all Williamson county team, that includes BA btw, and enough coaches though I was talented enough to make the 1st team all region) Your also welcome to call me an idiot ( I have a 28 on my act and am currently being recruited by Harvard). But despite all your name calling it does not change the fact that just because your son or daughter wasn’t athletically talented enough to be recruited by BA, it doesn’t mean that those who are don’t get recruited. Though you seem to have a brilliant argument, “LOL” ( I hope I quoted you right you know im not that smart) that doesn’t change a whole lot. There is a reason that most of the arguing about this is being done by parents who don’t have athletes playing at BA who aren’t paying for BA. It is a wonder that the parents of those kids don’t have much to say. Why is that? They know the truth. Not to sound like a broken record but there is a reason that Ford, the tremendous athlete that can barely spell his name, is going to BA for next to free. And there is a reason that Austin Harrison ended up at CPA when Corey had such a great BA career (after Corey was replaced by another talented back they took away his scholarship). This will be my last post on the subject due to the fact that its hard to argue against the BA education system at work ( “that’s not true” “you’re a joke” and lets not forget “LOL”). I don’t think its any wonder that our country is in such turmoil with a generation of adults so blinded by their own pride that they cannot see whats right in frount of them. Thanks for the stimulating convo.

I went to MBA with Corey and we ran in the same circle that year. He and my college roommate, who was a good player for BA in our class were also close. He was not recruited to BA. MBA wasn't the right fit for him, and BA was. He was privately educated in elementary school, and he was a good athlete, so BA offered what he was looking for. (Although BA ended up not really being that great of a fit either.) I think his brother attending CPA probably had more to do with friction between the family and the school than any so called scholarship being yanked. I would also consider it quite a stretch to call Corey's career great. His replacement was justified. If you turn the ball over repeatedly, you can't play. It doesn't matter what team you play for.

Your welcome to call me a dreamer to think I was or am talented enough for BA to recruit me (as donathan said enough of the area sports writers thought I was talented enough to make the 1st team all Williamson county team, that includes BA btw, and enough coaches though I was talented enough to make the 1st team all region) Your also welcome to call me an idiot ( I have a 28 on my act and am currently being recruited by Harvard). But despite all your name calling it does not change the fact that just because your son or daughter wasn’t athletically talented enough to be recruited by BA, it doesn’t mean that those who are don’t get recruited. Though you seem to have a brilliant argument, “LOL” ( I hope I quoted you right you know im not that smart) that doesn’t change a whole lot. There is a reason that most of the arguing about this is being done by parents who don’t have athletes playing at BA who aren’t paying for BA. It is a wonder that the parents of those kids don’t have much to say. Why is that? They know the truth. Not to sound like a broken record but there is a reason that Ford, the tremendous athlete that can barely spell his name, is going to BA for next to free. And there is a reason that Austin Harrison ended up at CPA when Corey had such a great BA career (after Corey was replaced by another talented back they took away his scholarship). This will be my last post on the subject due to the fact that its hard to argue against the BA education system at work ( “that’s not true” “you’re a joke” and lets not forget “LOL”). I don’t think its any wonder that our country is in such turmoil with a generation of adults so blinded by their own pride that they cannot see whats right in frount of them. Thanks for the stimulating convo.

Squint, there is a chance that you are telling the truth about yourself. I doubt you are being truthful - I do not know for sure. However, I do know that Brandan Wright's family visited many private schools and they knew when they visited Brentwood Academy "they were home". This is exactly what his mother told me. She said that no one BA, MBA nor Goodpasture pressured or called them at home (this is illegal and called undo influence) NO ONE testified during the multi-million dollar trials that this occurred. However, many people told stories like yours, but when they were questioned seriously by investigators from TSSAA and Metro Board of Education, they all changed their stories. I contend they decided to tell the truth when the situation changed from popping off at the mouth to something where telling the truth was important. Dennis Harrison (David's Dad) is, also a friend of mine. He wanted his kid to go to BA from the start. No one had to talk them in to it. I will be polite and say that I know for a fact that you are "mistaken" about David Harrison and Brandan Wright. I am surprised you left out the part where they offered your dad a job and/or a new car for yourself.

Wow squnt30 -- where to start . . . I'll keep this pretty short.

First -- nice post. You went from not being able to type a complete sentence, spell a word or post a complete thought to this . . . it's almost as if a different person is posting . . .

Second -- I am not questioning your ability to play football, only your ability to remember or prove that you or anyone else was "recruited" by BA (please refer back to my earlier post on a definition of "recruit" . . .). I'm sure that if you expressed any interest in coming to the school (whether you actually play football or not), someone will have tried to encourage you to come.

Third -- Your slam of Tyree Ford is inexcusable and enough off base that it makes one wonder if you actually have ever met him. Good athlete - yes. "barely able to spell his name . . ." that kind of untrue comment has no place here.

Fourth -- My calling your post a "joke" was a reference to your first post. Go back and take a look . . .

Finally -- As for my generation "so blinded with pride that they cannot see what is right in front of them . . .". As a parent of a BA varsity athlete, what I see in front of me is a school that is dedicated to getting the best out of it's students and athletes. I see coaches who follow the rules and teach hard work and fair play and I see a lot of people who don't get that and who see success and assume that it must have been built by cheating.

thats just not the story that the harrison's have told me everytime the subject has come up-i have been close with austin since i was in the 3rd grade-and ive known Corey and Ricky through Austin just as long-yes the fact that Austin went to CPA had to do with soured relationships with BA-more specifically Carlton Flatt-i could be wrong however ive known them for a long time and the story has never changed-and corery's career was not great because he got replaced-he was a phenomenal athlete-i believe when he was in his last year of middle school he jumped the pit in the long jump did he not?

like i said im not going to have a whole lot more to say about this subject-all the information i have posted that is not of my own experience-is information that has been given to me from former or current BA football players and other athletes-i never said that BA goes as far as offering jobs to paretns or handing out concrete benefits-what i am saying is that BA does as much as they possibly can to influence the desicion that a athlete makes-phone calls and conversation is common ground-and as far as my comment about Tyree earlier-that was un-called for and i apologize- yes i have met tyree-the point i am trying to make is that the reason he is going to BA for next to free has nothing to do with acedemics(that you can figure out just be having a talk with the 19 year old senior)-once again im not saying that BA is buying their athletes cars-im saying that they are recruiting-once again, im not appose to the fact that they do it-it is their right and in my opinion just increases competitiveness of D2 football-and for that matter the intensity of when D1 and D2 teams play-im just saying you would be in denial if u truely believe that they dont recruit-in fact just from talking with the athletes from BA and hearing their position on the subject-i was suprised to hear that there are people who still believe that the recruiting doesnt go on

i think that the recruiting is reality and people can't come to grips with that. all private schools do it. it's not wrong or immoral. they don't offer cars or girls or booze to their prospective athletes. they simply inform the students of their academic and athletic opportunities at the particular schools. it's not recruiting in the college sense. all that happens is parents of private school students/alums let up and coming athletes know that there is a school available to them that would give them great athletic potential as well as a phenomenal academic experience. these schools are very costly (i.e. the $17,500 annually it costs to attend ensworth), so these schools give students financial aid.

they do not pull kids off of the streets and offer their moms and dads jobs in an effort to pull these students in. i firmly believe that the choice is entirely the athletes, and he may do as he chooses. all the schools do--i cannot stress this enough--is let kids know of the opportunities available to them. they do not put pressure on an athlete to decide.

this is my definition of recruiting and it does occur. sometimes even at public schools (look at that new indy qb).

i hope that people involved with the situation can take a step back and at least admit that these things do happen. there is no shame in it. if my son was a football player (or even if he was just a solid student), i would send him to a private school because the academic/athletic opportunities at these schools are phenomenal.

i hope that some people take what i have said to heart.