Franklin playing Brentwood Academy?

Red Rebel dude

I think BA will manage.

When the current Indy juniors (soon to be seniors) were freshmen, they took on BA's freshman/sophomore team and won 21-0.

I always thought that this would be an interesting matchup.

Something just tells me that Indy doesn't have the horses up front to pull it off next year.

Ravenwood is losing some big linemen as well.

Even if Flatt retires, I imagine the streak will remain intact.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't use the R word on here, but I do have a few questions for any BA parents out there:

1. What do you consider financial aid for underprivelidged students living outside the city limits of Brentwood?

2. How do you as a BA parent, pay your full tuition and hope that "little Johnny" has a chance to make the football or god forbid basketball team...only to see him sit the bench while more athletic kids that paid little or no tuition run up and down the field?

Have any BA parents ever looked at the test scores and annual college scholarships offered to students from Brentwood and Ravenwood? Does BA offer German, Italian and Chinese as foreign language options? What about advance placement courses? I hope all BA graduates are going somewhere other than state schools, otherwise I don't see the value.

And yes lets keep playing each other!!

1. I believe that your questions are rooted from a stereo type that you have in your head. An overwhelming minority of the 70 or so kids at BA who receive financial aid play football. Everyone has to pay something. No one attends BA for free. To directly answer your question - I consider the "financial aid for underprivileged students living outside the city limits of Brentwood" an opportunity for all qualified students to have the opportunity to attend a college prepatory school dedicated to nurturing and challenging the whole person - body, mind and spirit - to the glory of God. I hope you don't feel only families that can afford the $13000.00 per student should have the opportunity.

2. We go to your stereo type again. BA is not all about athletics. Sports stories are what make the news, so your stereo type is understandable and common. Many Brentwood residents that sit on the bench at BA would make major contributions to the athletic teams at BHS and/or Ravenwood. However, they and their parents are not at BA just for the athletics. BA is about a LOT more than athletics. Those things just are not in the Sports page every week.

3. BA is usually top 5 in the nation (as high as 2nd) in Forensics. There have been years where BA graduates have received appointments to all three service academies in the same year. Keep in mind BA is small. That is impressive. You are not acquainted with these facts and the many other benefits that Brentwood residents and the "under privileged" students enjoy from BA that far exceed athletics. They just don't get a lot of media attention. I challenge you to rationalize how Brentwood Academy could continue to thrive and grow in Brentwood with top public schools all around it, that people could attend for free. Hundreds of Brentwood families pay 13K to send their kid to BA. Most of those kids will either not play football or basketball and probably 98% of those kids will not start on the football or basketball team. I contend that BA must be offering something else (maybe not Chinese or Italian) to continue to thrive. If you dropped by to view the new multi-million dollar fine arts center, you might begin to understand. You have to look beyond the sports page to see the value.

Edited by USA1

in responce to the BA recruinting issue-It would be a joke to act as if BA does not recruit some of its athletes. any former athlete of BA will tell you that that is exactly is what goes on. Not only does tyree ford live in antioch-but i myself was "recruited" by BA-that being said, that is the reason they play other teams that are capable of recruiting-the fact that they do it better or on a higher leval than other teams is because BA is dedicated to keeping their football team a powerhouse-Yes they do recruit but so what?

in responce to the BA recruinting issue-It would be a joke to act as if BA does not recruit some of its athletes. any former athlete of BA will tell you that that is exactly is what goes on. Not only does tyree ford live in antioch-but i myself was "recruited" by BA-that being said, that is the reason they play other teams that are capable of recruiting-the fact that they do it better or on a higher leval than other teams is because BA is dedicated to keeping their football team a powerhouse-Yes they do recruit but so what?

Just out of curiousity, how did BA recruit you? Please, be specific....

i have many friends at BA and back when i was a middle schoolar constantly visited the school-as a 5'8" 6th grader i could not enter the area of brentwood without a BA coach coming to me and asking things such as "how old are you"-"what position do you play"-"what is your favorite lift"- as well as recieving calls from BA alum and coaches several times during the application process-not to mention every time i played a team with somebody from BA on the apposing team-the parents would pitch BA in all its prestige-after i took the test to get into BA i was told that i really didnt do that great on it-however if i decided to go to the school i woudl be attending it for next to nothing-im not complaining about BA recruiting-and it bothers me when others do-however it also bothers me when the overly proud parents of BA students refuse to open their eyes and recognize that yes BA does recruit the people like David Harrison,Corey Harrison, Brandon Wright, David Folbert, and Tyree Ford, its just the way it is. and its not like BA is th eonly one-the current head caoch of BGA, tim johnson, and his offensive cordinator were at every one of grassland middle schools games recruiting GMS's quarter back and running back-when i was in 8th grade CPA also recruited myself and austin harrison-we were given a private tour of the school by caoch pac-i could be wrong but i dont either of the 3 schools treated any of their achedemic wonders with this kind of treatment prior to attending

Where Tyree lives is irrelevant. A private school is not geographically bound (private . . . remember). There is a huge group of students who come to BA from Murfreesboro -- none of which started on the football team to my knowledge.

As for your "recruitment". If you were in fact recruited and have proof of it, then you need to turn BA in. You would be the first person to actually have proof and I can assure you that Ronnie Carter among others would be happy to talk to you. "Any former athlete of BA will tell you that that is exactly what goes on . . .". I don't know of a single current or former athlete of BA (and I know many) who would agree with you.

I think the joke here is your post . . .

also in responce to the D2 will co rivalry-i think that if it were to acure later in the year that the will co team would have a much better chance of being competitive-ba is a powerhouse and always will be-they bring in great athletes year after year-only on be could tyree ford be considered a back-up- even after th eloss of so many seniors,and even with the loss of carlton flatt if he does decide to leave, BA will be one of the best teams in the state-and only will only lose to the best teams in the state-however i think franklin,ravenwood,and indy will all have alot of talen next year- franklin, other than frohock, is not losing any major offensive threats-indy was stacked with juniors-and ravenwood will always have a chance with becker playing

Where Tyree lives is irrelevant. A private school is not geographically bound (private . . . remember). There is a huge group of students who come to BA from Murfreesboro -- none of which started on the football team to my knowledge.

As for your "recruitment". If you were in fact recruited and have proof of it, then you need to turn BA in. You would be the first person to actually have proof and I can assure you that Ronnie Carter among others would be happy to talk to you. "Any former athlete of BA will tell you that that is exactly what goes on . . .". I don't know of a single current or former athlete of BA (and I know many) who would agree with you.

I think the joke here is your post . . .

your welcome to think whatever you want-the fact is i know what i know-including the fact that i have a close friend who in his senior year decided not to play baseball for franklin anymore-and was warned if he quit playing baseball his financial aid woudl be revoked-and no the average BA MIDDLE SCHOOL student might say they dont recruit-but yes most of the players for the current team woudl admit to the fact that recruiting does go on at ba-i just dont understand why you are so reluctant to admit it

Pardon the misprint-my friend played baseball at BA not franklin-and your welcome to call my post a joke-at the end of the say that is the only responce that might make you sound inteligent-cine the rest of your arguments seem to be "NU UH! THATS NOT TRUE! WE DONT RECRUIT!! JUST ASK ANYBODY WHOS ON OUR SIDE!!"

your welcome to think whatever you want-the fact is i know what i know-including the fact that i have a close friend who in his senior year decided not to play baseball for franklin anymore-and was warned if he quit playing baseball his financial aid woudl be revoked-and no the average BA MIDDLE SCHOOL student might say they dont recruit-but yes most of the players for the current team woudl admit to the fact that recruiting does go on at ba-i just dont understand why you are so reluctant to admit it

This guy's post is a joke :):):) If I had a dollar for every person who fantasized they were good enough that BA would risk the fine national reputation of the school, and the school's very purpose and existence, even AFTER the split and court case, to get some kid in jr. high to come to their school, I would be J. Paul Getty. What happened was that you were in Brentwood at the Cool Springs Mall and you saw a BA coach from a distance, and as he walked by you he smiled and said hi. Suddenly, you are a superstar........or maybe you went to a BA camp, or you hung out one day at BA with your BA buddies and you talked with a coach in small talk......which, in your mind told you that they were after you..OR......you were over at the home of a BA family and a dad said to your parents that they should look at sending you to BA...LOL!!!!!!.....BA football is not a big moneymaker for the school. It is an activiy the kids play. BA would have no gain financially to risk it all and break rules for a kid to come to their school. Sgunit30, go back to fantasyland. You are making yourself look silly.

Edited by Brandon100

Pardon the misprint-my friend played baseball at BA not franklin-and your welcome to call my post a joke-at the end of the say that is the only responce that might make you sound inteligent-cine the rest of your arguments seem to be "NU UH! THATS NOT TRUE! WE DONT RECRUIT!! JUST ASK ANYBODY WHOS ON OUR SIDE!!"

Actually, I see why your test scores were not good enough to get in......YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SPELL AND WRITE SIMPLE SENTENCES TO GO TO BA. :) You are another wanna be that has a story to tell everyone that you were such a superstar, BA came after you. Soooo............how have (or did) you do in HS? You are another anonymous poster that has been coming on here for years with info that you will never bring forward because you know that to expose yourself, you will be shown to be untruthful. Better yet.....why not get all your buddies that BA was after and call The Tennessean and the TSSAA and make a story of it? It would be the top story of the decade in HS sports........the actual folks that BA came after now exposed! LOL!!!!!

Edited by Brandon100

Actually, I see why your test scores were not good enough to get in......YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SPELL AND WRITE SIMPLE SENTENCES TO GO TO BA. :thumb: You are another wanna be that has a story to tell everyone that you were such a superstar, BA came after you. Soooo............how have (or did) you do in HS? You are another anonymous poster that has been coming on here for years with info that you will never bring forward because you know that to expose yourself, you will be shown to be untruthful. Better yet.....why not get all your buddies that BA was after and call The Tennessean and the TSSAA and make a story of it? It would be the top story of the decade in HS sports........the actual folks that BA came after now exposed! LOL!!!!!

As a fan of another Div II school, we all recruit, it just depends on your definition of what it is, on how far we all go to do it. Private schools have to search for students, sometimes they are good at athletics. But they all recruit.