Moore County

knowledge man jr.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that Flatt is a good coach however, how long will he stay, he has already retired once. One would think that they would have tried to find a coach that has a track record of turning programs around, a coach that knows how to coach players that your community produces, not that he can't he just has never had to do that. Flatt has always had the luxury of recruiting, he has always had the best athletes in the state. Moore co. has produced some good players and will do so in the future, but not like the players in a private school. Just some thoughts.

i know that Flatt is a good coach however, how long will he stay, he has already retired once. One would think that they would have tried to find a coach that has a track record of turning programs around, a coach that knows how to coach players that your community produces, not that he can't he just has never had to do that. Flatt has always had the luxury of recruiting, he has always had the best athletes in the state. Moore co. has produced some good players and will do so in the future, but not like the players in a private school. Just some thoughts.

What principal is going to tell one of the winningest hs coaches in the nation, "No, Mr. Flatt, I just don't think you are the best coach for this job"?

From what I have heard, Mr. Flatt applied for the job. SB, nor CM called him up to offer him the job. I say if he wants to coach here, let him.

This may be the answer to the question between publics and privates. Some say that the only difference is the coaching and the administration. Who better to prove this, than Flatt himself? If he is trying to prove that point, he will have to stay for at least 2 or 3 years.

What is the word has Flatt accepted? Also, I have always been told by outsiders that during Mac's glory days players from out of county contributed greatly. Is that fiction or fact? Also that later on BD of Ed ended the process by changes in policy. What is fact and legend. Also, can out of county kids now play in MC?

What principal is going to tell one of the winningest hs coaches in the nation, "No, Mr. Flatt, I just don't think you are the best coach for this job"?

From what I have heard, Mr. Flatt applied for the job. SB, nor CM called him up to offer him the job. I say if he wants to coach here, let him.

This may be the answer to the question between publics and privates. Some say that the only difference is the coaching and the administration. Who better to prove this, than Flatt himself? If he is trying to prove that point, he will have to stay for at least 2 or 3 years.

I am not saying that he is not a good coach, his record proves he is. he has coached for a system that provided him with the best athletes in the state. It appears to me that Moore county officals are willing to win at any cost. People on this post are talking about pulling kids from other systems. sounds to me like some people are more concerned about winning now instead of trying to build a program with kids from MC. Coach Flatt is a good coach, and i am sure that he is wanting to prove that he can win on the public school level, and MC would be a great place to do that, they have a winning tradition in all the major sports, what more could a coach ask for. Just dont do something that will hurt MC reputation.

In the 90's MC had a open-registration policy that allowed out-of-county students to attend if they paid a fee to cover the county costs. This was discontinued when they started to have problems with some of these students (primairily the ones who transferred due to disciplinary problems in their previous schools).

Ironically, there was a controversy concerning a Moore County resident who went to Shelbyville to play basketball with Rick Insell...and a lot of hard feelings followed.

Some twist, eh? :o