Moore County

knowledge man jr.

I heard recently that he has his eye on one job and it is back across the river, just barely....Black and Yellow are the colors.....Lions maybe their mascot.....you never know when that job will come open....he is laying in wait for that one....Great talent in that river town

If he comes back across the river it will be more inland. :unsure:

Edited by DearOldDad

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this coach Swenson from Hickman County High? I looked on the TSSAA site and didn't find him listed at Hickman Co. I did see that Hickman County's record for the last 6 years was 13-48. The last 3 years they were 3-7, 4-6, and 1-9 for a 3 year record of 8-22. If this info is correct it doesn't take a math major to see that Moore County's recent record is better than Hickman County.

Is this coach Swenson from Hickman County High? I looked on the TSSAA site and didn't find him listed at Hickman Co. I did see that Hickman County's record for the last 6 years was 13-48. The last 3 years they were 3-7, 4-6, and 1-9 for a 3 year record of 8-22. If this info is correct it doesn't take a math major to see that Moore County's recent record is better than Hickman County.

You probably won't find many folks who will throw in with you on this record thing. you may need to do a little more research about the man and what he's done for the schools he's been at. B)

We played them the past two years he has been at Hickman and he is really turning their program around. The biggest change has been the number of kids he has gotten out to play. We hear that he has small staff and does most of the coaching. Found out he was the offensive coordinator at Huntingdon when they won the state. Many people there want him back.

O.K. DearOldDad, I don't know anyone that knows him, so tell me what has he done. Has he been a head coach anywhere other than HC. If so where? I heard that he had been at Hickman for two years as head coach, but he's not on the TSSAA site as a coach there at all. If he's been there 2 years then he's 7-13 for those two years. Two of those wins were against Shelbyville (0-10) (1-9) for the two years, one was Lawrence County (2-8) that year, and one was against Statford (2-8) that year, two were against Waverly (7-4) and (5-6), the other was Lewis County ((7-4). That's two wins in two years against teams with a winning record. I know that win/loss records don't show everything that's going on behind the scenes, but I was just saying that on the surface, he don't look a lot better that what MC had. I know the people at MC well enough to know that they worry as much about wins and losses as any fans anywhere. If he can't produce wins in two years there, they will be after his job.

O.K. DearOldDad, I don't know anyone that knows him, so tell me what has he done. Has he been a head coach anywhere other than HC. If so where? I heard that he had been at Hickman for two years as head coach, but he's not on the TSSAA site as a coach there at all. If he's been there 2 years then he's 7-13 for those two years. Two of those wins were against Shelbyville (0-10) (1-9) for the two years, one was Lawrence County (2-8) that year, and one was against Statford (2-8) that year, two were against Waverly (7-4) and (5-6), the other was Lewis County ((7-4). That's two wins in two years against teams with a winning record. I know that win/loss records don't show everything that's going on behind the scenes, but I was just saying that on the surface, he don't look a lot better that what MC had. I know the people at MC well enough to know that they worry as much about wins and losses as any fans anywhere. If he can't produce wins in two years there, they will be after his job.

I think there are still others who have a shot at that job. Has it been offered to Swenson.? I agree that you never can judge a young coach by his first job. I dont think hickman co. is exactly a great place to make a good start. After Flatt, who would look good. Can anyone from Hickman let us know more about him?

We played them the past two years he has been at Hickman and he is really turning their program around. The biggest change has been the number of kids he has gotten out to play. We hear that he has small staff and does most of the coaching. Found out he was the offensive coordinator at Huntingdon when they won the state. Many people there want him back.

Just to let you know I take real offense to your post.....yeah he may have a small staff and he does call offensive plays....and he is a good coach....but I would watch saying he does "most of the coaching himself"....he has some guys that give a lot to the program.....and it is going to be up to the school system to help him get more quality coaches....as for what he has they do a great job together...and He does not do it ALL HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!

Hickman County will need to star searching for a new head football coach asap. He will go to Moore County because, those people love the Wing-T and that is his style. He is a great coach and people like him. It would be a good situation for him.

The wing-t is not an issue among fans. That was Mac's style.

The wing-t is not an issue among fans. That was Mac's style.

All the pop warner teams run it and most of the county think the wing-t is the only offense there is. I think that is why many coaches would not apply to coach in Moore County. Mac does"t even run it any more. I dont think he even did it at Marshall C.

All the pop warner teams run it and most of the county think the wing-t is the only offense there is. I think that is why many coaches would not apply to coach in Moore County. Mac does"t even run it any more. I dont think he even did it at Marshall C.

Yes Mac ran the Wing -T at Marshal County. There is Wing-t Basic and Wing-t with some juice such as how Riverdale runs it. It can be very difficult to stop if you have the players for the system.