FCS vs JCS

Commander63

and Hopefully, you will choose to do so from an early age. Perfect solution.

Many of the students may or may not have any intentions of attending a private school ahead of time. By playing for a team in which a student is not enrolled is only a way for the private school to introduce their program to the family. Thus it sounds like a great plan of action, but is it fair to all involved (i.e. other schools in the same classification)?

Looks like a very good decision for that family.

Maybe he could have had similar results where he came from, though we will never know.

It's not all about sports. If the kid decides because he was introduced to this school in this way that they want to go to school there what can it hurt. Hopefully the other things may make a lifelong impact on the kids life.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the students may or may not have any intentions of attending a private school ahead of time. By playing for a team in which a student is not enrolled is only a way for the private school to introduce their program to the family. Thus it sounds like a great plan of action, but is it fair to all involved (i.e. other schools in the same classification)?

Maybe he could have had similar results where he came from, though we will never know.

There are many good kids that come out of public schools. For my own kids I want the best odds.

It's not all about sports. If the kid decides because he was introduced to this school in this way that they want to go to school there what can it hurt. Hopefully the other things may make a lifelong impact on the kids life.

And they probably will have a lifelong impact on the kids life.

However, the initial contact is/was/always will be about sports.

Timing is the question mark.

Edited by The Bull

I will comment on the previous post about the upperclassmen. Thanks bull and I consider that as a compliment. One thing that FCSFan did not add is the young man you refer to also attended elementary school at FCS and left in Jr. High. His Grandfather was on the Board of Directors for many years so his family had deep ties to the school.

As far as what you are saying I will agree that is a way to introduce our school to new prospective parents and students. But unlike Public schools we do not have a certain number of students zoned to us or get government funding if we do not have a large enough enrollment to pay the bills. If we do not show and sell our school to prospects we will have to close the doors.

There are no strings tied to the program we speak about and people are free to come and go as they please. But yes FCS is proud of what we have to offer and when you are proud of something you show it off.

This thread is about the upcoming game this weekend so I am going to stop posting about this. We will just agree to disagree and that is ok by me.

Good Night

Go FCS and bring that Gold Ball Home to Region 4

I, personally, do not think that it is a fair situation for all that are involved.

Just being an advocate for the little guy.

Well your little guy or girl one day "May" be the better for it. I've got two boys there and they aren't even on this team. But I love this school and everything it stands for. My kids are so far ahead of where I was at this stage in there life that I would pay whatever it costs for the results I see.

I will comment on the previous post about the upperclassmen. Thanks bull and I consider that as a compliment. One thing that FCSFan did not add is the young man you refer to also attended elementary school at FCS and left in Jr. High. His Grandfather was on the Board of Directors for many years so his family had deep ties to the school.

As far as what you are saying I will agree that is a way to introduce our school to new prospective parents and students. But unlike Public schools we do not have a certain number of students zoned to us or get government funding if we do not have a large enough enrollment to pay the bills. If we do not show and sell our school to prospects we will have to close the doors.

There are no strings tied to the program we speak about and people are free to come and go as they please. But yes FCS is proud of what we have to offer and when you are proud of something you show it off.

This thread is about the upcoming game this weekend so I am going to stop posting about this. We will just agree to disagree and that is ok by me.

Good Night

Go FCS and bring that Gold Ball Home to Region 4

I just think the only fair way for all involved would be for private schools not to do this in a competitive way in which the team uses the schools name, logo, school colors, and uniform.

Surely the school has more to offer than middle school football to get a parent/child interested in their school?

Now that is the question that I can not get answered by anybody.

Edited by The Bull

Well your little guy or girl one day "May" be the better for it. I've got two boys there and they aren't even on this team. But I love this school and everything it stands for. My kids are so far ahead of where I was at this stage in there life that I would pay whatever it costs for the results I see.

Hey FCSFan if we do not get off this subject I fear they will shut down the thread or move it so we need to get going to the game at hand. I will give you a ring in the morning about the man behind the curtain.

The same results can be found in public schools. Its got more to do with the parents than it does with the school. I think the easy way is to get someone else do your work for you, it does take money. Wouldn't trade the whole world for the time I spend trying to teach my kids about life in general. Public school parents care about their kids just as much. Just not as many of them.